Charged Lodestones not rare enough

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I love this game. I love having epic looking weapons. And I love having epic RARE weapons. That said, I feel that Anet should make Lodestones, esp. the Charged variety, drop less. Granted, I personally would love to be able to get them more often. However, there’s a part of me that understands if the rarity didn’t exist, everyone would be running around with the same weapon as me. And when that happens, the epic weapon that I loved so much, wouldn’t be epic anymore.

Bolt. Wings of Dwayna. Sunrise. All epic looking weapons. All need Charged Lodestones to forge. By my own estimates, these can be farmed at a rate of at least 1 per hour or two. Couple that with the high availability of them on the TP at a decent price, and that makes them not-so-rare.

So it is my opinion that certain high demand items be more rare than they are now. Doing so would actually add to the end game, since it gives reason to continue playing. Then, getting that Legendary, or any other epic weapon, will feel so much better. On top of that, those weapons will be admired even more once they become rarer.

I also had a change of heart regarding Precursor Scavenger Hunts. Since that would make Precursors easier to get, I now think it shouldn’t be done. Move the goalposts a little more back, and it adds that much more to the adventure!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

I spent 3hours/day farming charged lodestones during a month, always with MF Food + Black Lion MF boost + guild bannier… Result : I got 14 of them.

“at least 1 per hour or two” is just plain BS. If you have such a loot rate, then use it to get rich, because I don’t know anyone with this rate on charged lodestones, and seeing the supply/demand, I guess I’m not far from truth.

Attachments:

(edited by Nachtz.4930)

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

I was speaking from my own farming experiences in the temple. Sometimes I would get 2 in an hour, sometimes none. I averaged it out to 1 per hour or two. But RNG is RNG. There are others out there who probably get the same rate as me, which explains why there are so many for sale on the TP.

in Crafting

Nachtz.4930

So I will create a post to ask ANet to reduce the drop rate of precursors in the Mystic Forge, since I already got plenty of them.

“That’s my own farming experience”.

Charged lodestones are rare enough, they are a pain in the *ss to farm for someone who doesn’t want to use the TP, which requires several months of farming for most dedicated players (if you don’t want to spend gold, again).

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

I agree. Precursors should also be super rare. That’s why I feel opening the door to a Scavenger Hunt shouldn’t be implemented. But I think they’re rare enough as is from the MF. Perhaps making them Account Bound would add to their forging values (for individual players of course). Then Legendary wielders would be truly Legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I agree. Precursors should also be super rare. That’s why I feel opening the door to a Scavenger Hunt shouldn’t be implemented. But I think they’re rare enough as is from the MF. Perhaps making them Account Bound would add to their forging values (for individual players of course). Then Legendary wielders would be truly Legendary.

It would only be truly legendary if there was only 1 of each Legendary per server (players with a Legendary wouldn’t be allowed to transfer server to one that already has a player with that same Legendary on it), and that Legendary would have to be earned by beating the most difficult monster in the most hidden place after finishing the most difficult jumping puzzle in the game.

Lol at people thinking that buying a Legendary at a high price makes an item truly legendary.xD

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Troll please a bit more. I am going for Bolt, i have worked my kitten off since the release day to get the money and materials for it as i am not playing with the TP and spending most of my time in WvW. Now more or less i only need the charged lodes. That alone will force me to grind an another 265-270 gold to get my sword… Someone has too much free time in his hand.

Probably i play to much WvW but so far i have only seen 1 Bolt and 0 Wing of Dwayna. Not to talk about the Mjolnir that takes 350 charged Lode to craft what is like 1200 gold if you craft the lodes from cores.

Also its a joke that say “truly legendary” lol. An achievement that requires you to grind the same kitten boring mobs for lucky drops is not even close to be a legendary. These weapons are not legendary, they are just rare stuff with good skins. If you are clever with the TP you can have 1 in every week. First of all legendary weapons should have never been connected to gold. Rather great achievements. Mixed between all gaming experience in the game.

+ Why i have the feeling that you already have your legendary weapon in the pocket and want to feel like a unique snowflake for a longer period of time?

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

(edited by gaborkaldy.3210)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I think Charged Lodestones are fine, but I agree that the other lodestones should be just as hard to get and expensive.

And legendaries should be rare, I don’t want any Scavenger hunt either for the precursors. Soon everyone will be walking around with one, that’s no fun.

in Crafting

Nachtz.4930

I think Charged Lodestones are fine, but I agree that the other lodestones should be just as hard to get and expensive.

And legendaries should be rare, I don’t want any Scavenger hunt either for the precursors. Soon everyone will be walking around with one, that’s no fun.

I think they are as hard to get, if we only take the drop rate into account. Fusion lodestones seem easier to farm, simply because you can drop them easily in CoF, which takes 10 min to run. CoE does give a lot of charged core/lodestones too, yet it does take more than 10min to be completed. But just go the temple and farm fire elementals, I bet you won’t get more fusion lodestones than people farming charged lodestones on air elementals.

As for the price, it’s a matter of offer and demand. If Sunrise and Bolt required Fusion lodestones, they would cost about 3 gold each.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

There a very simple answer to your desires and it’s not reducing drop rates. By simply disallowing the sale of said items they would become truly rare. You know this, I know this, heck everyone knows this. The only reason as many people have items mentioned is not because they were able to farm them…..it’s b/c they were able to buy them from the tp. Earning gold is easier then farming certain items <—-there’s your issue in a nut shell.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

All lodestones have the same drop rate, which is honestly fine where it is. They’re suppose to be rare crafting materials, not exotic crafting mats.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

what i find stupid is the amount of lodestones you need for recipes like infinite light (and if its not clear, i want infinite light).
you see sunrise and bolt everywhere. better recipe? BiS? medal? achievement? purple? i crafted sunrise, i can be wealthy but not idiot.

in Crafting

Posted by: Snaq.3408

Snaq.3408

So what you are really saying is that because you already have the legendary weapon you want, it should become harder to obtain now…

Yeah… No

in Crafting

Posted by: Christina.1528

Christina.1528

There a very simple answer to your desires and it’s not reducing drop rates. By simply disallowing the sale of said items they would become truly rare. You know this, I know this, heck everyone knows this. The only reason as many people have items mentioned is not because they were able to farm them…..it’s b/c they were able to buy them from the tp. Earning gold is easier then farming certain items <—-there’s your issue in a nut shell.

^This – I couldn’t agree more.

[PM] Dragonbrand Originals
Meiaya – Ranger | Stasija – Mesmer
[PM] Project Mayhem

in Crafting

Posted by: TiF.6589

TiF.6589

Based on your logic, can I requested that they nerf the drop rate of Sparks since I already have my Incinerators and if more people have them it would make me feel less awesome?

in Crafting

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

What if they add more legendarys that look different from the existing ones and require charged lodestones also?

I know what you mean about the unique look of legendarys. But I don’t want to see less people get them. I just want more unique looks. I really want my experience in the game to be unique and that includes my character not looking the same as half a dozen other characters standing next to me.

in Crafting

Nachtz.4930

I bought the entire supply of lodestone yesterday for Infinite Light. There was 251 left when I purchased them, and the supply remained to about 10 for the next 30 mins. I don’t think we should decrease the drop rate

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Lol at people thinking that buying a Legendary at a high price makes an item truly legendary.xD

Lol at people that think that beating a monster is anyhow difficult or legendary.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

If I can paraphrase the opener’s post:

“I got my legendary and now I want to make sure noone else can get their legendary so that I can feel like an extra special snowflake.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Flippetized.2657

Flippetized.2657

“I got my legendary and now I want to make sure noone else can get their legendary so that I can feel like an extra special snowflake.”

^

in Crafting

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

I just crafted Bolt yesterday.

No need to change the drop rates. It took me 1500+ hours to craft it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rya.8576

Rya.8576

OP you are mistaken. The drop rate is fine. I have farmed over 300+ charged lodestone in a month of hard core farming. (charged were worth 4g at the time)
Have I ever farmed that hard again? No, so not worth it imo.

RNG IS RNG there were days where I only got less than 5 or none. Most I ever gotten in a day was 17.

And you hit DR hard after a couple hrs. Might as well get anet to nerf cof p1 because that’s how majority of ppl get their legendaries now a days.

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Based on your logic, can I requested that they nerf the drop rate of Sparks since I already have my Incinerators and if more people have them it would make me feel less awesome?

Well, not nerf the Precursor drop rates. But perhaps make them all Account Bound, so they can never be sold on the TP?

Exactly! If I see too many around, the Legendary will no longer be rare. I farmed my rear off to craft it. But if it becomes easier to get/make, then it loses it’s “awe” value.

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Well, not nerf the Precursor drop rates. But perhaps make them all Account Bound, so they can never be sold on the TP?

Exactly! If I see too many around, the Legendary will no longer be rare. I farmed my rear off to craft it. But if it becomes easier to get/make, then it loses it’s “awe” value.

I do think he was sarcastic lolz. Also if you wish to reduce drop rate just to be a unique snowflake with your legendary already i then pocket is a bit selfish.

Why didn’t you claimed this BEFORE you got your weapon in the current system. Now that you have one, everyone can kitten off?

If you are not 12, you have some serious issues mate.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Crafting

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I see your point, Truly

But I’m currently going for the Wings of Dwayna – if lodestones were to become MORE ‘rare’ then I would just give up – it’s the last thing I’m currently questing, so if the drop rate did infact lessen; well then it’s another hiatus for me. Unless gold drops increase, since I farm everything without using real $$, I wouldn’t see to much of a point to playing anymore beyond that

If more people were running around with the same weapon, so what? Then maybe add the option to dye weapons. :P

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Chasind, you shouldn’t give up hope! If it were more rare than now, getting your bow would be that much more rewarding! It should encourage you to play more to achieve your goals.

in Crafting

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

By simply disallowing the sale of said items they would become truly rare

^^
This

IMHO all materials needed for them must be BoA too.

I don’t have legendary so don’t put me into “I got it, kitten the rest” crowd

EU / Aurora Glade

in Crafting

Posted by: chaosbringer.4092

chaosbringer.4092

Chasind, you shouldn’t give up hope! If it were more rare than now, getting your bow would be that much more rewarding! It should encourage you to play more to achieve your goals.

Fyi, the rest of us have other commitments and don’t have the time to put all those hours into constant grinding. It already is difficult for us so please don’t kitten this up for the rest of us mortals.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

A minor necro, but their price has taken a notable plummet, I’d start buying them up if you were ever considering it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

0/10, would not be trolled again.

Lodestone drop rates need to be HIGHER, not lower.

in Crafting

Posted by: ocgreg.3910

ocgreg.3910

tl:dr

“I already have my (insert whatever rare weapon here) so I think it should be harder for everyone else to get one so that I feel more special about mine.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

tl:dr

“I already have my (insert whatever rare weapon here) so I think it should be harder for everyone else to get one so that I feel more special about mine.”

lol pretty much this.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

No, no there is nothing “legendary” about a massive gold grind and rare/exo sink.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I farmed my rear off to craft it.

The irony is that so does everyone else that crafts it. You aren’t special. Legendary is EQUALLY hard to craft for everyone. I it should be made harder, then I think everyone with a legendary should have it removed and refunded the mats. Good for the goose is good for the gander.

in Crafting

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

I farmed my rear off to craft it.

The irony is that so does everyone else that crafts it. You aren’t special. Legendary is EQUALLY hard to craft for everyone. I it should be made harder, then I think everyone with a legendary should have it removed and refunded the mats. Good for the goose is good for the gander.

I just say that TC needs to get off his high horse and thinking he’s special and lock this thread, cuz it shows that some people are really going nuts over being “different” in a videogame. Legendaries are fine, actually, precursors are not, way too random and hard to get, we play a game to have fun and have an objective.
Right now a legendary it’s the only thing that keeps people hooked to the pve side of things, make it harder and those people (myself included) would give the middle finger to anet and just send to hell the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: eric.8203

eric.8203

i want everyone to have a legendary but i think precursers should be soulbound or acct bound and a random one givven to you at the end of storymode quests. They also need to take t5 mats out of heavy moldy bags its a heavy moldy bag not large it should only contain t6 mats both common, fine, and rare

in Crafting

Posted by: diurno.7306

diurno.7306

Totally agree with the OP, at one condition, they should delete every legendary obtained so far, expecially yours.
It’s not bad if you think, so you don’t have your legendary more and you can start to farm again with the new superlow drop rate and one day you’ll feel very proud to have a “True Legendary”…

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Really OP? I’ve been reading your posts in the forums and thought better of you.

What I am reading in your post.
I got mine! Now I don’t want anyone else to get theirs. Make it harder for them ANet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m a bit over 1/3 the way to having enough Charged Lodestones to make Infinite Light.

I’m not particularly fond of the idea of the effort to get them increasing .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Smells of troll in here

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Really OP? I’ve been reading your posts in the forums and thought better of you.

I got mine! Now I don’t want anyone else to get theirs. Make it harder for them ANet.

There’s been so much “make it easier for me” threads, that I figured I’d share the opposite point of view. I’ve always said that everyone is capable of crafting their own Legendary weapons, but it takes dedication and time to get everything. If Anet makes it “too easy” to get a Legendary (by way of Precursor or T6/Lodestone drop increases), then some of the value is lost.

in Crafting

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Yeah, I agree with some of the above posters in that the problem lies in that you can buy the legendary weapons. Frankly, the number of people running around with sunrise is ridiculous, it makes them much less unique.

They should be account bound, as should the precursors. This whole you can buy them on the TP makes them infinitely less epic.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

(edited by Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982)

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Yeah, I agree with some of the above posters in that the problem lies in that you can buy the legendary weapons. Frankly, the number of people running around with sunrise is ridiculous, it makes them much less unique.

They should be account bound, as should the precursors. This whole you can buy them on the TP makes them infinitely less epic.

It’s less epic, but since it still takes a lot of money to buy one, it’s still rare. Once they drop to ~500 Gold a pop to buy, then you know we’ve hit rock bottom.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There’s been so much “make it easier for me” threads, that I figured I’d share the opposite point of view. I’ve always said that everyone is capable of crafting their own Legendary weapons, but it takes dedication and time to get everything. If Anet makes it “too easy” to get a Legendary (by way of Precursor or T6/Lodestone drop increases), then some of the value is lost.

It still sounds like, “I got mine. I want to be a special snowflake and and no one else have what I have”. They made it hard enough that a lot of people aren’t trying to get it and it takes several months for the people that are. That’s hard enough. Getting one then asking to make it harder for everyone else is selfish.

And no, I’m not trying for one. You just came across in previous posts as a better person.

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

It still sounds like, “I got mine. I want to be a special snowflake and and no one else have what I have”. They made it hard enough that a lot of people aren’t trying to get it and it takes several months for the people that are. That’s hard enough. Getting one then asking to make it harder for everyone else is selfish.

And no, I’m not trying for one. You just came across in previous posts as a better person.

One of the whole purposes of having a Legendary weapon is to be that special snowflake. You know what you get when there’s a lot of snowflakes all over the place? Blizzard.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

It doesn’t matter how many snowflakes buddy, there wont ever be two identical ones.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Legendaries aren’t made to be unique, limited time skins are made to be unique.

in Crafting

Posted by: ocgreg.3910

ocgreg.3910

One of the whole purposes of having a Legendary weapon is to be that special snowflake. You know what you get when there’s a lot of snowflakes all over the place? Blizzard.

That, and you also get people like you crying about not feeling special anymore. If you want to be the only person in a game to have something then you should be playing a single player game. It takes the same amount of effort to get a legendary for everyone so the reward and ‘specialness’ is equal. It is not their fault, nor Anet’s fault that your ego is hurt by that fact.

in Crafting

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

There’s nothing legendary about spending 2k gold to make a weapon…

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I never took the time to read through this whole thread til now. I thought is was a general “Legendary weapons should be harder to get” kinda thing.

But having read it through…I know have zero respect for anything OP has to say(not that it matters to OP lol).

I got mine now it should be harder to get for everyone else…..absolute selfishness.

What makes you more special then anyone else with those weapons you love so much?