Cheapest Crafting Skills?

in Crafting

Posted by: EpicBanHammer.7521

EpicBanHammer.7521

I heard that you can get from 50 -> 80 just from crafting. With that in mind, what is the cheapest skills for my alts that I want to hit 80 from 50?

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Cooking … but … you have to be extremely careful by checking every single thing going into the mixing ingredients. IE: avoiding most spicey things or soups b/c they require Rosemary or Chiles. Even Confections are stupid expensive sometimes b/c of how much Vanilla & chocolate & Butter can go into them. … You might even have to open your bank tab and just Right-click “Buy more on TP” on every single ingredient to find the cheapest ones and then cross reference it with what you can actually make with it on the Database listings.

Jewelry can be done for a Profit. But again… research first. Most guides are instantly out of date the instant they become popular b/c they just increase the demand of their main ingredients (especially for cooking).

I guess leatherworker is sometimes cheap, especially after the 300 range.

I usually keep a browser open to http://www.gw2db.com in the other monitor and look for the cheapest thing to mass produce in each specific level range. …Or in other cases I’ll farm the ingredients myself and then only make “Rare” versions (instead of Masterworks) that sell for atleast 6-10s over their materials costs …. this also applies to making lots and lots of high priced mixtures for Food by picking the Rosemary or Dill myself b/c I have tricks to Gather it faster than I could simply farm the gold to buy it outright.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

the number of levels you are looking to increase are going to require most (if not ALL) of the crafting skills for each character, so which ones are cheaper is not nearly as important as which ones are the most expensive (so you can avoid doing those).

A huge answer to your question lies in how much T1 – T6 crafting materials you have before starting. You will still need to buy lots of materials, but your current stockpiles are a “discount” in the expected costs for each. Also, if you have Laurels to spare, you can further offset the costs by getting crafting starter kits and / or crafting material bundles that are available.

Also, most crafting guides will provide you with a rough estimate of cost, but they could be off by good bit depending on how much material costs have changed since the guides were written (and that is usually quite a long time as most of the guides out there were done within a few weeks of original GW2 game release).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Crafting

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

the number of levels you are looking to increase are going to require most (if not ALL) of the crafting skills for each character, so which ones are cheaper is not nearly as important as which ones are the most expensive (so you can avoid doing those).

A huge answer to your question lies in how much T1 – T6 crafting materials you have before starting. You will still need to buy lots of materials, but your current stockpiles are a “discount” in the expected costs for each. Also, if you have Laurels to spare, you can further offset the costs by getting crafting starter kits and / or crafting material bundles that are available.

Also, most crafting guides will provide you with a rough estimate of cost, but they could be off by good bit depending on how much material costs have changed since the guides were written (and that is usually quite a long time as most of the guides out there were done within a few weeks of original GW2 game release).

he needs 3 crafting proffesions thats it.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele