Chef Recipes -Volumes of Ingredients

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloudkill.5347

Cloudkill.5347

Okay, this question has probably been asked several times before, but why, oh why if they have taken out the ability to buy much of the ingredients in bulk as you could before and now made them rarish drops that have to be grinded, then why have they not changed the volume of ingredients required in the recipes. It’s like you now need 50 copper ingots to make a chest plate or whatever. Crazy.

Really cannot understand their line of thinking on this – but thanks for screwing over lowbie chefs. Much appreciated.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ravoc.5904

Ravoc.5904

There are definitely some ingredients that are rarer then others, but you don’t always need to use the most expensive ingredients to level chef. I crafted all the way to 400 using a ton of bulk ingredients.

As far as why they changed it? I guess I can’t say for sure if it was for balance reasons, wanting to change the difficulty of the tradeskill, or something else. Even so, I almost wish more of the ingredients were harvest only so I don’t have to spend my hard-earned karma to try and run a chef business.

I am curious though as to what you are stuck on that has made you feel that you are a screwed over lowbie chef.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloudkill.5347

Cloudkill.5347

Well, its already in an existing post but vanilla beans, and before that black peppercorns. I believe it was changed as people were buying them with karma from higher level areas then selling them on the TP – primarily from Milton Boon, from what I read.

(edited by Cloudkill.5347)

in Crafting

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Well, its already in an existing post but vanilla beans, and before that black peppercorns. I believe it was changed as people were buying them with karma from higher level areas then selling them on the TP – primarily from Milton Boon, from what I read.

I am curious to know how that can be, since every cooking ingredient I have ever bought with karma is account bound?
How did they sell it on the TP?

OT- it is possible to lvl cooking using just items that are easily available,
I am sure you have this already but just in case
http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/cook
this may give you some ideas about alternatives

Gunnar’s Hold

in Crafting

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

They didn’t buy from karma vendors to sell on TP. That was impossible. You may be confusing it with people having stacks of those ingredients because they didn’t want to make the trip every time. Those people had an advantage when the ingredients went from account bound to sellable.

I believe the reasoning behind removing the karma foods was because it made chef too easy. ANet wanted chef to be complicated