Chili Pepper Help!

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Ruelf.4578

Ruelf.4578

I am at a complete loss as to where to find chili peppers. I have searched for approx. 6 collective hours in all of the low level areas (up to level 25) and I have found 2. TWO! I’ve searched the forums and info on numerous sites and no one seems to know where to find them. I’m all for making it more difficult and I happen to enjoy farming but this is ridiculous.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

Made a new alt and he gets quite a lot in the Charr starter area from gathering nodes

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Ruelf.4578

Ruelf.4578

Thanks for the tip, I’m trying that. I haven’t had any luck so far, but we’ll see.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

I have roamed many, many zones and have gotten exactly ZERO chili peppers. I did manage to acquire a massive number of vanilla beans, well if by massive I mean EIGHT. This was a serious over nerf. I will just hold off crafting for a few months until things even out.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Leveled a Char to 15 in the starter area including an extra level of just farming for cloth and wood. I got 3 total.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

I checked my bank and I have 100 of them so they must be on a vendor somewhere I just do not remember

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Fadari.6479

Fadari.6479

Here is my spreadsheet for food locations since ‘thepatch.’ Purple means I have verified the info myself. Black, I’m not high enough to verify but asked higher level friends.

However, since nodes have a RNG, you might get vanilla one harvest and pepper the next.

good luck!

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Fadari.6479

Fadari.6479

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

I got a bunch in the Asuran 1-15 area from herb nodes.

Is there a chance that your gathering odds are influenced by your choice of tools? I always use copper tools in the low level zones. If not, it’s probably your level and you just need to test out an alt.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve used a few and I still have 18. I don’t remember where I gathered them but I do have 100% in all 1-15 areas.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Dubhridir.5912

Dubhridir.5912

The wife and I have tried the lower level area’s, and actually using higher end harvesting stuff… and got zilch, zero, notta… I think Anet needs to seriously take a look at their calculations for drops on these… She can’t even level her cooking because she’s stuck and needs them… Its kinda sad that she has a level 0 recipe for them, and can’t even make it… Its ridiculous…… Please Anet, check this out and check your drop rate calculations, I think you overlooked something when you switched over… We find everything else just fine, just not the chili peppers… Btw, this is with alts in their respective starter zones…. nothing

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric of Grans.7684

Elric of Grans.7684

I have completely cleared the Charr zone four times. I do not have a single Chilli. Since they took these out of vendors, they became absurdly rare.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Zadira.2189

Zadira.2189

Yes, between three of us farming like crazy with two different characters each in different lands since the early launch, we have found a whole total of 2 chili peppers. I have no idea who found them or where but things are seriously not good with the peppers. LOL

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

My main (now 80) has completed all the level 1-15 area.
My alt has completed 3 level 1-15 areas.
Zero chili pepper in my bank. Never used any of them before.
I always try to harvest a node even if it is 2000m away and I have been exploring caves even without POIs, killing all the mobs on the way. Also participating as many DEs as I could, killing tons of mobs.

Apparently this is either a bug, or they are doing something very wrong, such as same thing like they set the price of tier 1 cultural weapon to 1c and now drop rate of chilli pepper is probably 0.0000000000000000000000000001.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I’ve never had a chili drop from an herb sprout that occurs in the starter zones. I don’t think I got any chilis from less than “mature” herb plants, but I’m not positive. I will try to pay closer attention. I think the last one I got was in Bloodtide Coast.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Aurorablue.5163

Aurorablue.5163

I spent ages trying to find these. I found 4 in Diessa Plateau but only from herb seedlings which werent’ far from the Wayfarer Foothills zone entry.

Then I did a google search and found that they are obtained mostly from herb seedlings in Plains of Ashford, after a bit of time I managed to find 6 more from this zone.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, there’s a lot of those herbs and spices moved off Karma:

Vanilla Beans – Maguuma Jungle sickle gathering spots
Chili Peppers – Ascalon sickle gathering spots
Cinnamon Sticks – Aspen / Gummo Sapling (and analogs in other regions)
Walnuts – Gummo / Tukawa Sapling (and analogs in other regions)

Also general rule of thumb – if you ever plan on cooking and find a Karma merchant with “bulk” items? Buy at least 100 or so just in case.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Butch El Magnifico.4720

Butch El Magnifico.4720

I have found a bunch of peppers in the starter charr area using second to lowest harvesting tool (can’t remember exact level). I got about 4 within 30 min to 1 hour. Wasn’t using a high level char, I think around 23 to be exact.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: scotty.6895

scotty.6895

Same. I’ve got 1 character to 80 and gathered just about everything I have seen along the way with a total of 7 chilli Peppers in my bank.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Diablerie.5296

Diablerie.5296

It’s all random and fairly unbalanced, I spent hours scouring the starter zones of each race and I got maybe 4 vanilla beans and 0 chilis. However i trip over metal nodes and wood, its gotten to a point where I just sell the wood and metal stacks I end up with in order to buy the few chilis or vanilla beans on the trader. Of course 80 to 100 pieces of wood for 1 or 2 beans is seriously wrong.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Pandemoniac.4739

I think chilies drop in the Charr lands almost exclusively. I’ve been going around the low level areas to do some map completion and haven’t seen a single one from the other races’ regions. I did get a good amount of vanilla from the Asura starting area herbs though. The wiki says chilies can drop from any herb plant 1-70, but it seems to me like different ingredients come from different regions.

I thought when the crafting trainer told me I was going to have to travel, it was to find the heart karma vendors for some ingredients, but maybe it’s more than that.

—Paul Williams

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: TimeToParty.4875

TimeToParty.4875

Hey guys, I just logged off and came here to check what was going on and seen you all needing help finding these. There is a merchant by the in Lions Arch who sells chili peppers. I forget which one it is but i think they sell them for 15c. Hope this helps!

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Pandemoniac.4739

I’ll have to check for the vendor in LA – just started heading out to harvest in the Charr lands, and guess what the first herb seedling right outside the black citadel door in the Plains of Ashford dropped? Chili peppers.

—Paul Williams

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Panzen.4625

Panzen.4625

Just did a round through Plains of Ashford, just to check this (was low on chili, though). I found 7 herb sprout nodes, surely missed one or two. Harvested them with an Iron Sickle. 4 nodes were chili, 1 was garlic, 1 pepper and 1 parsley.
The nodes were pretty far apart, though so I can understand some people not wanting to invest the time to farm them theirselves. However, for those there is the TP and while I agree that having more of them would be nice, chili is harly a mandatory ingredient.

It is a bit like vanilla: I only found 1 or 2 total (didn’t actively look for it, though) before making my alt. On my alt (leveling 1-15 in Asura territory), I found plenty of vanilla. The % of nodes dropping vanilla didn’t seem random at all. Often, I could predict which of the nodes (respawn always at same position until server restart) would drop vanilla and which would drop other stuff. From there, I just needed to remember where the nodes were and I’d port to the beginning of the zone every 2 hours or so and gather them all while walking back to my previous position.

Just gather a little of it, you really don’t need piles of the stuff… well, unless you are force-leveling your profession by following some sort of guide that somehow requires you to have a lot of chili.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

ANet needs to adjust the drop rates on chili peppers, garlic, and vanilla beans on one end and walnut, cinnamon on the other. I have stacks of walnuts and cinnamon, which are barely used in recipes and zero chili peppers and some garlic. Vanilla beans I lucked out on by buying a stack before they were removed or I would be searching for them too. The drop rates for these 2 groups of items needed to be reversed.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

I am certain I harvested from a node called Chili peber in the first orr zone. It wasnt a ghost peber node, but a chili one, it had more branches than the ghost one. Maybe you can also get them from herb ones as you guys mention, but Ive harvested them in Orr in the swampy parts.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

Oops just checked, those are cayenne pebers. My bad.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

After completing 4 charr’s zones (level 1-50), all I got is around 10 chilli peppers. All from herbs nodes (not always give you chilli peppers). I have farmed every herbs I saw and even running all the way back to collect the respawn after completing the zone.

This is supposed to be a tier 1 mats but I only got 2 in the level 1-15 zone. I will get more Orichalcums if I spent 4 days walking the entire specific zone. What an epic tier 1 mats … Any recipe including chilli pepper should be colored as purple IMO.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Sithious.5732

Sithious.5732

Omg, This is ridiculous. I see these posts are 5 months old and I’m still not finding ANY chilly peppers.
Anet HELP US OUT HERE PLEASE!!!!

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

You can find a kittenload of them by gathering mature herbs in Fireheart Rise.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I pick them up occasionally in Char starter area. If you do a full sweep of Ascalon you will get around 3 Chili peppers. They need Karma vendors for Chillis and vanilla beans.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I find the best place to harvest them is from Herb Seedlings in Plains of Ashford. They sometimes drop from Herb Sprouts in Diessa Plateau too, but they drop less often since Herb Sprouts have a bigger variety of herbs in their loot table.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I actually found them more than vanilla bean, which is interesting because I need the beans more :| Mostly got them from herb seedlings in various maps (plains of ascalon, wvw, norn starter, etc).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Chili Pepper Help!

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I believe the most I’ve found were in FireHeart Rise in the burning areas.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!