Chili Peppers - Any more reliable place to get them?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

So I have been running around Plains of Ashford looking for Herb Seedlings nodes for a chance to get some Chili Peppers. Of the few I have found, none have contained Chili Peppers. I looked at the Black Lion Trading Company to see if I could buy some but they are going for 5s+ EACH! This is a crafting component found in a starting zone and they are so rare they are going for 5s each.

The chance that these will come from herb nodes should be upped a bit and they should be possible to be found in more zones than just this one.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

Better yet, how about giving them their own node type…

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I think I remember finding some nodes in the straits of devestation

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

This may not work for you, but I hit 2 nodes right outside of the black citadel the random herb kind, and got chili’s in both of them last night while i was on my way to AC.

in Crafting

Posted by: Huechi.2658

Huechi.2658

I think I remember finding some nodes in the straits of devestation

Oh that’s Cayenne Pepper, not Chili Pepper. You can find Chili Pepper in Iron Marches too, just had one drop from a Mature Herbs node.

(edited by Huechi.2658)

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^Yes that^… I got a few in Iron Marches and I think the northern tip of Blazeridge too.

I have a question though… why are these so highly demanded?? Are they just part of some mindless quick-leveling guide that was never updated or are they actually used in the Recipes of level 80 food that sells for over 4 silver a plate? (like vanilla & sage is)

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Chili peppers are used in lots of different food:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chili_Pepper

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

…yes… yes that is definitely a problem.

I think the universal solution to this (which also includes other herbs like Vanilla, Sage, Corriander, Oregano, etc — but excludes overly common ones like Thyme & Tarragon) is to have Dungeon mobs drop Herb bags in the next big dungeon update and then maybe double the amount of herb nodes on WvW Borderlands maps as well. Maybe they could put some in sPvP too just so long as it doesn’t become too big a distraction…

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kuldred.2436

Kuldred.2436

Most reliable? Easy, the Trading Post.

Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

As someone whose computer died just before release, I wasn’t able to play until after they removed chili peppers in bulk (along with vanilla beans and the rest of the ingredients) from karma vendors. I die a little inside every time I get black peppercorn instead of a chili pepper from an herb seedling.

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Has anyone maybe found Chilli Peppers in Bulk? Because my last post was deleted for the false information that gathering is the way to get them. Which got me wondering, but I have been unable to find anything else(granted, I’m not willing to go to every single karma merchant in the world, but maybe smb stumbled upon it…).

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

There aren’t chili peppers in bulk any more. Thus the post.

Adding some of these herbs to bags the way they adjusted butter/chocolate et would be good.

I don’t think anyone woudl cry about 2-3 vanilla or 2-3 chili peppers out of a T5 bag.

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

And then there is my infraction point for saying gathering is the way to get those items. I’ve been waiting 3 days now for the support to clarify it and explain why that was false information(or retract the point if it isn’t). Neither of those has happened, so I can only assume that there is smth we are all missing….and they’d like to keep it that way? Not quite sure….

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

And then there is my infraction point for saying gathering is the way to get those items. I’ve been waiting 3 days now for the support to clarify it and explain why that was false information(or retract the point if it isn’t). Neither of those has happened, so I can only assume that there is smth we are all missing….and they’d like to keep it that way? Not quite sure….

Are you honestly suggesting that there is some form of conspiracy to keep the location of vanilla and chili peppers a secret?

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

Are you honestly suggesting that there is some form of conspiracy to keep the location of vanilla and chili peppers a secret?

Not really. I’m more trying to get an answer as to where else I can get chilli peppers and vanilla. Although, I have a good income from gathering those…so maybe it is a bad idea to push it after all…

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I get plenty of Vanilla from Herb Seedlings in Caledon Forest and Metrica Province, but this is post-patch that removed Thyme/Parsley from the Herb Seedling nodes in those areas. They were rarer before, but I still managed to stockpile about 30 or so prior to the patch. I’m honestly not sure how many I’ve got now!

Chili peppers are rarer, and they only seem to drop from Herb Seedlings in Plains of Ashford and maybe the 15-25 zone (still haven’t been there, so I can’t confirm it). Trouble is, Herb Seedlings there share their drop table with Garlic and Peppercorns, with Chili being the rarest of the three.

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

I get plenty of Vanilla from Herb Seedlings in Caledon Forest and Metrica Province, but this is post-patch that removed Thyme/Parsley from the Herb Seedling nodes in those areas. They were rarer before, but I still managed to stockpile about 30 or so prior to the patch. I’m honestly not sure how many I’ve got now!

Chili peppers are rarer, and they only seem to drop from Herb Seedlings in Plains of Ashford and maybe the 15-25 zone (still haven’t been there, so I can’t confirm it). Trouble is, Herb Seedlings there share their drop table with Garlic and Peppercorns, with Chili being the rarest of the three.

Chilli Peppers are “rarer”, because Vanilla Beans come in 3-5 stacks while peppers are 1-2. That alone creates a difference. Then the Vanilla Bean nodes only drop Peppercorn and Garlic, which Chilli pepper nodes also drop some other random leaves. My research on expensive ingredients and where to get them is still ongoing though, but I think I got those 2 covered(just gotta get the time to check out Queensdale and the other 1-15 maps…see what drops there…).

Oh, and, yes, you can get a decent ammount of chilli peppers in Ashford and Diessa, Fields of Ruin are too poor to be worth the time(although they do drop other good items, but if you are after chilli peppers…dun bother). Steppes is still ongoing for me, but doesn’t look too good.