Choosing crafting for thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Raveren.2891

Raveren.2891

Two thoughts come to mind when I am trying to decide which crafts to pick.

First, I thought, leatherworking and jeweling maybe, although I’d think weaponsmithing would be better than jeweling. I read online though that it is not.

Then I read that if you want to make your legendary weapon, id assume dagger for my thief, then I need to go chef/weaponsmithing.

So now I am lost in what I should do. Any suggestions? Thanks

in Crafting

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

If you only have 1x Chars you intend to play, why not do all 8 professions?

Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Raveren.2891

Well this is my first character. I plan to play more but not until I get this one to 80. This being my first time in guild wars, the whole systems are new to me, including taking multiple crafting and how switching between them and resource managing to max them all works. I suppose my biggest issue is being uninformed of how the game works overall.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

You can get to lvl 80 w/o bothering with a single crafting profession and easily get max gear. Might even be cheaper.

But if you take some pride in wearing the gear you made, I’d go with Leatherworker for your armor and weapon smith, the jeweler can no longer craft best-in-slot rings & amulets, guessing the ears are next…

Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I would go with leatherworking. Its fairly forgiving on those occassions when you want to buy the basic materials. It’ll let you personally maintain many of you character slots.

One thing you’ll need to remember is as you are leveling up you’ll want to salvage rather than sell of anything that’ll give you cloth or leather. You’ll be breaking down not just junk armor but animal hides and any sort of clothing scraps you get in the process of playing.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Raveren.2891

It took me awhile to understand salvaging in this game but i’ve been doing that now. That sounds good. Leatherworking and Weaponsmithing it is! I suppose if I do get 80 and want to work towards anything else, I can just pick up the other crafting professions then. Thanks a bunch

in Crafting

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all your contributions! Since it seems that the original question has been answered, we proceed to close the thread now.