Converting common mats via TMF. Avg return?

in Crafting

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Before I go and dump a ton of skill points into this, could anyone tell me what the range and average returns are for for converting common crafting materials via the mystic forge? This info is missing from the wiki

I only have a single data point converting 250 plat -> mithril ore which returned 72 mithril.

If you have any data points, please let me know the conversion/tiers…

in Crafting

Posted by: Sirgleno.2679

Sirgleno.2679

I’ve gotten less than 50 both times I converted 250 T5 dust into T6. Non-scientific for sure, but leads me to suspect that 72 back is on the high side of average.

in Crafting

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

The range seems rather broad. Not sure if there are different averages for the different tiers, but I know when i coverted Mithril to Ori I got ~26 oris, but I had gotten 100+ on other conversions namely lower ones (namely copper through platinum)

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The amount is not universal I’ve noticed. They want 50 of the T5 creature mats and 250 of the T5 material mats to make any T6 mats. They should just remove this altogether and restore the drop rates because this is beyond grinding. It’s not farming it’s absolutely having a second job to get that many mats especially with the bugged DR/MF crap going on right now.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Crafting

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

The amount is not universal I’ve noticed. They want 50 of the T5 creature mats and 250 of the T5 material mats to make any T6 mats. They should just remove this altogether and restore the drop rates because this is beyond grinding. It’s not farming it’s absolutely having a second job to get that many mats especially with the bugged DR/MF crap going on right now.

It is alternative way for people who have T5 mats they dont need to make T6 mats they need.
If you are experiencing game as your second job that is your problem, real jobs and real life are out there. Nobody is forcing you to grind, nobody is forcing you to live inside of game 24/7 so dont blame nobody but yourself for that.

As for T5 to T6 conversion, it nets smaller amount of return than lower tier conversions. This are some numbers i got in last few days:
50 vial of thick blood = 6 vials of powerful blood
250 piles of incandescent dust = 20 piles of crystaline dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Nozzie.2067

Nozzie.2067

I had 250 Mithril Ore = 18 Orichalcum Ore. I wasn’t impressed.

in Crafting

Posted by: Falgar Usher of Woe.5194

Falgar Usher of Woe.5194

Converting to T2-T5 common materials gives on average 86, however this is highly skewed right. T5>T6 common materials seems to give 16 on average, however I need more data.
Converting to T2-T5 fine materials gives on average 16. Also highly skewed right. T5>T6 fine materials seems to also be 16 on average, but I don’t have enough data.
Converting to T2-T5 dust gives 25 on average. T5>T6 dust also seems to give 25, I again need more data.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

I often convert 250 mithril into orichalcum – the lowest ori I ever got returned was 10 and the highest was 33.

Fine materials only seem worth upgrading if the T6 version is worth ALOT more than the T5 – otherwise it’s usually better to just sell the T5 mats and use the gold to buy the T6 ones.