Craft Stat Select Ascended Items

in Crafting

Posted by: BetterHappy.2517

BetterHappy.2517

As a suggestion, I think we should be able to craft stat select-able ascended weapons and armor. As we all know legendaries were given stat selectable status with the ascended weapon patch. I think it was a great feature but correct me if I’m wrong even devs have said that legendaries in the game for aesthetic purposes. And that there is plenty of other cool n interesting looks outside of legendaries. Well this being said with the ascended armor patch and much speculation later people have began to talk about the prospect of legendary armor and a back piece. I think they’ll be pretty awesome if they do come out but just the thought gave me an idea. We should have the ability to upgrade crafted ascended items to some stat select tier. My reasoning being that as nice as legendaries look not everyone wants to get them for looks, and furthermore I know of a huge number of players that have started to grind out for legendaries ONLY because of the stat select portion. While it’s a great feature it should not be kept only to legendaries. Legendaries should always remain at the top tier of the game but with the weapon patch a new gap was formed and I think a recipe needs to be there to fill it’s place. There are the pure stats(damage/defense) of ascended items and the stats(damage/defense)/looks/select of legendaries. I think the void should be filled with a mid tier of stat select-able ascended items. Maybe something like the legendary recipe but an ascended item of that type would be the precursor or maybe something not so extreme in cost, but you get the point. With the cost of ascended items being so great I don’t think something like this should be out of the question for something like this to be introduced and quite frankly I think we deserve it for getting our crafts to their max level, I don’t think it’s right for a visual item to have one of the greatest usability features in the game. It’s an aesthetic item! Thoughts people? If you agree please pass this around

in Crafting

Posted by: RainXiZ.8573

RainXiZ.8573

I have no idea what this place is.. but i couldn’t have said that better myself.

-GF-

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Please space out your posts. Walls of text are painful to run into.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

This will never happen because Legendary armor (when it comes out) will possess this feature.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brent.4560

Brent.4560

I hope they don’t add the ability. Those that spent more money and time for that feature will be getting the short end of the stick.

in Crafting

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

I hope they add this ability to select stats for ascended gear, speaking as someone who did and am still spending the money and time on legendary weapons. Besides, most people who crafted legendaries did so not knowing that stat selection was possible – this was a new feature added recently. With how expensive and time-consuming ascended armor is to craft, especially for those who tinker with their builds often and who play multiple alts, it only makes sense that there’s something extra for investing in that minimum stat increase.

Please implement this, along with a PvE locker that functions similar to achievement skins.

(edited by Car.3805)

in Crafting

Posted by: Brent.4560

Brent.4560

Keep in mind you have the ability to choose what stats you’re grinding for on that ascended gear. It sucks but you have the choice. The legendaries only had one set to choose from before the update came out. Didn’t stop me from making one but I wish I had the option like ascended.

in Crafting

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I like the change they made to legendaries. I think it’s great that we can change their stats. They take a lot of effort and gold to craft so it makes sense. It’s actually giving me an urge to craft another legendary.

(edited by rozcinana.7249)

in Crafting

BetterHappy.2517

This will never happen because Legendary armor (when it comes out) will possess this feature.

Dude… that’s the point. Something as important as stat selection on gear should not be kept only to legendaries. My argument is that this is an amazing feature of the game and at this point it cost around the same to craft a legendary as it does to craft a whole set of ascended so why should legendaries, a purely cosmetic aspect of the game have one of the most amazing usability features.

I like the change they made to legendaries. I think it’s great that we can change their stats. They take a lot of effort and gold to craft so it makes sense. It’s actually giving me an urge to craft another legendary.

See…that’s wrong. You should be crafting a legendary not because of the stat select, but because of the animations and so on… This is exactly what I’m referring to. Why should you be crafting a cosmetic item for any other reason than you want the shinny? Example, Fractal back piece. I myself am one of the many people who threw away 250 ectos on the nice shinny effect, I don’t regret it in the slightest, I love it. But again I spent my ectos on something purely for the cosmetic part because I wanted it. And while it’s a great new feature, legendaries should not be the only means of stat selectable weapons/(armor?) in the game. It’s that simple.

Keep in mind you have the ability to choose what stats you’re grinding for on that ascended gear. It sucks but you have the choice. The legendaries only had one set to choose from before the update came out. Didn’t stop me from making one but I wish I had the option like ascended.

Legendary, couple thousand gold, transmutation stones trading gold to gems like 10-20 gold. Wat? I don’t see at all how your comparison has anything to do with this, sure the originals only came in solider stats but I don’t know a single person that had a legendary that didn’t transmute it to the stats they wanted. And considering how much gold it took to make a legendary you really thing a few more for a stone isn’t worth it?

Look…

As long as the recipe is kept within reason there is nothing that should keep this form happening. It’s not like you don’t have to work hard for either legendaries or ascended weapons and armor. Both are end game level and both require a huge investment to make. So why can’t they both be stat selectable? And the answer can not be because they’re a legendary because if so then they should have the feature removed, as great as it is. Because it’s been said over and over that while legendaries are great to look at they are in the game because shinny. They are a cosmetic part of the game, not an end game feature. There are plenty of other looks out there and great weapons that aren’t legendaries and it’s absurd to say you have to look like “X” have “X” weapons and "X"armor to be able to change gear stats.

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s a great idea they came out with but I just don’t think they should make it only available to a cosmetic item.

Perhaps a recipe could create some bonding thing of whatever that combines ascended weapons and lets you stat select between whatever one you’ve created. Similar to the new AR system that each time you’d need the bonding stuff and the items you’re bonding. Maybe it’d be 2 weapons and 2 different bond parts and you throw it in the forge or something. It might be hell to keep up with all that separate code, i’m not sure but they need something like it.

There needs to be some middle ground between the usability of the stat select and end game weapon/armor stats. As I see it now you have end game weapons, and end game weapons/shinny/stat select. Legendaries should stick to being what they are and we should have some way of making ascended items stat selectable.

(edited by BetterHappy.2517)

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I disagree to give every ascended weapon or armor a stat choice while out of combat right from the start.

I wouldnt mind however, if you could “infuse” your armor/weapon with another ascended inscription/insignia to make that stat available.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

BetterHappy.2517

I disagree to give every ascended weapon or armor a stat choice while out of combat right from the start.

I wouldnt mind however, if you could “infuse” your armor/weapon with another ascended inscription/insignia to make that stat available.

Yes, I don’t think so either, like I said there needs to be some middle ground. I have no clue how that would happen recipe/mystic forge/something new… but yeah just a next level, something that does require a bit of effort to get to but never the less some way of reaching stat selectable without grinding out a cosmetic item.

Maybe going off your idea you could produce a stat selectable insignia? Hell if you could craft it just as they are now, the two pieces of the weapon, insignia, and vision crystal, that’d be amazing. But maybe you’d have to make some next level vision crystal that combines multiple vision crystals to make. Which would be hell to grind out but I’m already at I think 7 ascended weapons… I could see that being a worthwhile goal to get all those crystals and the super insignia to craft with the weapon pieces.