Crafters!! Please help me to continue crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: MysticoN.5068

MysticoN.5068

I love crafting, have always been a crafter since the good old Starwar Galaxies days.

But now i struggle with continue my crafting skills, had a blast with crafting a launch and rolled 2 alts just to have more crafters. But when the Tradeing post whent live i felt like it was realy no point to craft anymore.

I have only crafting on my main now, but i have also stopped crafting on him.

So i ask, is there realy a point to keep crafting if i “dont need” the xp crafting gives and not going to go for the legendary?! All i can craft i can buy cheaper on the AH then it cost to make it. I realy think ArenaNet should made some of the crafted gear BOP (Bind on pickup).

MysticoN – 80 Necro
Draci – 80 Guardian ( on hold)
-Far Silverpeak-

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

BoP crafted stuff was one of the worst things WoW ever did. It just encouraged more people who didn’t care about crafting to start crafting.

If you want there to be any hope of making money crafting, then you need patterns that are sufficiently rare where most people won’t want to get them (Think Rep Grind Grinds in WoW or rare drops from events).

Maybe they could do them as a karma vendor at the end of a dynamic event chain that will only sell to you if you sufficiently helped complete the chain.

Some of these patterns need to look cool as well so people actually want them, esp if they have a unique skin.

I’ve done highest level crafting in 4 games. Trust me, raise the bar even just a little and you eliminate just enough. (Specialization is another method of limiting patterns, but it’s annoying. Imagine if you could make only top tier Exotic items in 1-2 of your craft’s classes.)

in Crafting

Posted by: Paleolf.1258

Paleolf.1258

OP, I am not sure what your complaint is. You are asking crafters for a reason to keep crafting, yet your first statement says you love crafting. Do you need more reasons?
I craft for the joy of crafting, and I get secondary profit when I throw some output on the TP. Since I don’t buy my raw materials, the price I sell it at is always higher THAN it cost to make it.
BOP doesn’t really make sense when anyone can be any crafter. If you want suggest something a bit more exciting, suggest learning to make some of the “uncraftables” by a rare discovery; or suggest a chance to craft a rare or exotic when crafting (mystic forge craft); or suggest limited use recipes. (I liked the unpredictability in SW:TOR crafting.)
Generally, I enjoy GW2 crafting, and I would welcome any changes that give it a little more excitement. But, I do not need any other reason to craft.

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Mmm, I was looking yesterday for the exotic explorer light armour…if i were to buy all materials and craft it, it’d cost me 5-6g…while each part goes for ~1.9g on TB…also, if you gather the mats on your own instead of buying them…you basically craft for free….which is cheaper than buying it for gold….