Crafting Ascended at 500

Crafting Ascended at 500

in Crafting

Posted by: tencoderiot.6430

tencoderiot.6430

I was wondering, when the crafting level goes up to 500 and we are able to craft ascended weapons and gear as stated in the blog post, will we be able to craft ascended rings, amulets, back, and accessories as well or will this remain the way it is?

Crafting Ascended at 500

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

jewelers will prbably ctaft rings/ammy/accessories

Crafting Ascended at 500

in Crafting

Posted by: Evil Seabass.5214

Evil Seabass.5214

I’ve heard rumblings that all the crafted ascended gear (armor, weapons, whatever) will probably be account-bound, which is pretty lame. I’m really getting sick and tired of account-bound items. Everything should be able to be sold/traded to other players if not yet equipped by your character.

More people would probably do fractals, for example, if the weapons and other exotics weren’t account bound and could be sold.

Same goes for this new ascended crafting. There will be no point doing it once you’ve made your own gear, no way to make any money from crafting and selling them…

Also, I really hope there isnt some sort of time requirement to crafting them, like the one introduced with Celestial gear. This is the very definition of “grind” that GW2 is supposedly against!

Crafting Ascended at 500

in Crafting

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

Account bound exotics to me usually mean, “i wonder how many ectos i will get out of this.” It is very disapointing to see account bound on a drop.

Crafting Ascended at 500

in Crafting

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I’ve heard rumblings that all the crafted ascended gear (armor, weapons, whatever) will probably be account-bound, which is pretty lame. I’m really getting sick and tired of account-bound items. Everything should be able to be sold/traded to other players if not yet equipped by your character.

More people would probably do fractals, for example, if the weapons and other exotics weren’t account bound and could be sold.

Same goes for this new ascended crafting. There will be no point doing it once you’ve made your own gear, no way to make any money from crafting and selling them…

Also, I really hope there isnt some sort of time requirement to crafting them, like the one introduced with Celestial gear. This is the very definition of “grind” that GW2 is supposedly against!

But they already announced that there would be time-gated T7 mats used to craft the Ascended (and the craftable Legendary pre-cursors as well)…

Ascended gear was pretty solely introduced to satisfy those individuals that want to continually work towards having better gear. It was never planned prior to launch.

Crafting Ascended at 500

in Crafting

Posted by: dreadicon.5840

dreadicon.5840

According to Anet’s post, crafting 500 WILL have a form of account bound, time-limited resource, much like charged crystals. They will be adding “Tier 7 mats” which can be made “in limited quantities per day”.

HOWEVER.

It will not be like existing celestial gear or existing ascended gear. The crafted items will not be account bound, and while they do not state this explicitly, it is directly implied for their reasoning behind the time-limited t7 mats, which was (paraphrasing) ‘this is to help create an economy for crafted weapons and armor, making them a worth while and rewarding part of the game.’ This implies that the time limiter is to force a scarcity, thus creating an economy.

I hate to say it, but I think this is a good thing. Right now, my crafting 400 skill is more or less meaningless. most of the time, the Trading Post is barely a higher price than the raw materials for making the piece of equipment in question. Thus, those who like crafting, who enjoy doing it often, and want to be rewarded for their efforts of getting a skill to max and continuing to put time into it, will now be rewarded. So while for many it will be an inconvenience, it does make the game as a whole more rich and intricate.

I am personally a supporter of the FF11 style of loot: monsters drop mats & greys, rarely coins. Only rarely do they drop equipment, and only when appropriate. This would mean almost all items in the game must be crafted, which makes a very unique economy. But this bit is purely my personal opinion only.

In answer to your question directly, I am fairly sure amulets, rings, and accessories will be craftable AND sellable. I doubt, however, that back pieces will be, as Anet has decided that you must go through hell and back to get those…..or attend their precious events

Crafting Ascended at 500

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I REALLY don’t agree that everything in the game needs to be tradable for coin – which creates the situation where CoF farmers/TP warriors are entitled to every reward in the game at the fastest possible rates.

Interlinking everything makes everything dependent on the weakest link.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Crafting Ascended at 500

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

From ANet’s “create an economy for high level crafters” comment, we can surmise that T7 mats will be tradable. However, it’s not evident that crafted Ascended items will be tradable. Every single Ascended item (except for Legendaries) is account-bound so far, so while I’d personally prefer it if crafted Ascended gear was tradable, my guess is that it probably won’t be.