Crafting - Chef - Usefulness - Help

in Crafting

Posted by: Kontaes.4082

Kontaes.4082

Im a recently new player to Guildwars 2 but I am an extremely long time player to MMORPGS being WoW as a main one. And even in that game i instantly went to Chef/Cooking as a profession to use as i find the food you can make to be absolutly helpful in general questing/Raids/Dungeons/PvP and would like to get some opinions from the forums about this for GW2, looking for advice or just general chatter on how useful chef/cooking is in GW2 for Raids/Dungeons/PvP/WvW/Questing/Leveling

“In Cash We Trust” – Kontaes

I am generally a Support in any game I play as I find it to be the most helpful role.

in Crafting

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

My first profession I chose was cook. It is fun.
The lvl-400 stuff can be powerful, a friend of mine has even made a build centered around the fact that one of the foods steals life on crit.

However, with ascended gear(endgame armor and weapons) being account-bound on acquire and primarily aviable through crafting, you maybe should consider to focus on the crafting professions that create your respective armor and weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Since crafting gives actual character levels, crafts will generally be unprofitable. The products of a craft are almost always cheaper to buy directly from the TP instead of buying mats and crafting.

Cooking should only be leveled if you’re going for a legendary that needs it or if you want the 7(?) character levels it gives going from 1-400.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Cooking should only be leveled if you’re going for a legendary that needs it or if you want the 7(?) character levels it gives going from 1-400.

Disagree. I generate plenty of useful consumables for myself and others. As a source of profit, it requires some detailed investigation on what to sell (often, the intermediate ingredients generate more profit than the end consumables).

While not a useful now, the Daily Feast achievement was a gimme with Chef crafting (it only pops up every 2 or 3 weeks now, not once week like it used to).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Kontaes.4082

Kontaes.4082

Wasn’t doing chef so much for profit more so of usefulness in the things you can make with cooking.
I know 99% of all crafting isnt gonna be profitable as the same things you make can be found at cheaper cost.
As for the leveling up by it, not too bothersom for me as im already about lvl 72 and iv been playing for 2 weeks so not worried about leveling. As for the gear i thought of that and my second crafting profession is Tailor (for my elementalist which this is on)

“In Cash We Trust” – Kontaes

I am generally a Support in any game I play as I find it to be the most helpful role.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you are interested in cooking, might want to spend a bit of karma and buy some bulk items while the Cliffs are still open (till July 1). Those karma vendors are all in one place right now but usually you have to travel all over Tyria to get some of those ingredients. Just a suggestion.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances