Crafting Disciplines for Thieves

in Crafting

Posted by: Fellnine.6905

Fellnine.6905

hey guys what would be some good disciplines for thieves? i was thinking leather worker and perhaps weapon smith? i dont think pistol is my style so i ruled out huntsman.

thanks

in Crafting

Posted by: SebastianQuick.8103

SebastianQuick.8103

I was about to start a similar thread. Leatherworker seems like a good choice as you can use most, if not all, of the items. Plus, it gives you bags. Weaponsmithing gives you the ability to craft your two melee weapons, dagger and sword. If you’re into alts, you could supply them as well. I wonder about alternatives such as Jewelcrafting and Cooking. Is Cooking really as involved and pricey as they say? Is it worth it? Karma vendors seem to offer a lot of the same things as Jewelcrafting. Can you craft significantly better items of the same level? Is Artificer worth considering for a Thief?

in Crafting

Posted by: SebastianQuick.8103

SebastianQuick.8103

One thing to consider is your supply of fine materials. For instance, Leatherworking, Weaponsmithing, Huntsman, Tailoring, and Artifice all use Vial of Weak Blood. Trying to level any two of these at the same time will put a strain on that supply. You may find yourself forced to farm or purchase them. This is partly why I’ve chosen Jewelcrafting as my first profession. Still deciding the second…

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyvil.1605

Cyvil.1605

If this is the only toon you plan to craft with, or the first toon with the rest following later , I would go with Leather Worker and Jeweler. There is little over lap (but there is some), and those two disciplines can be used to fill 10-12 slots.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

Leatherworking, i have had Weaponsmith/Huntsman – but i can buy better items off of the TP then i can craft, – got cooking last night, as i had Tonnes of mats, with a 50%

boost from a chest i got L67-70 from it!! – Relly depends on what (yourself) Feels like you can get the best out of