Crafting Gift of Color post Wardrobe?

in Crafting

Posted by: MossyStump.9461

MossyStump.9461

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did try to search.
How does crafting Gift of Color work post Wardrobe/feature pack update? Do I have to use the verbatim “Unidentified Dye” or can use various specific unidentified colored dyes in conjunction with each other?

in Crafting

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Unidentified dyes are still available on the trading post (pretty cheap at 22-24 silver each). So if the recipe on the wiki says you still need them, that’s where to go.

Hope that helps!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Crafting

MossyStump.9461

It doesn’t, like I said, I did try to search.
The last update to the wiki page was on the 15th of last month, changing the supply from 250 to 100 unidentified dyes, with no explanation.

There’s a finite amount of them available without a) Paying real money, b) Spending a work week of laurels c) using 400 other dyes (more than previous recipe)

Edit: In other words I think all options are ridiculous so I want a confirmed secondary option

(edited by MossyStump.9461)

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It doesn’t, like I said, I did try to search.
The last update to the wiki page was on the 15th of last month, changing the supply from 250 to 100 unidentified dyes, with no explanation.

There’s a finite amount of them available without a) Paying real money, b) Spending a work week of laurels c) using 400 other dyes (more than previous recipe)

Edit: In other words I think all options are ridiculous so I want a confirmed secondary option

You have to use the Unidentified Dye, which is available at the Trading Post, from BL Chests, Laurel vendor or forged from 4 color specific, crafted unidentified dyes. To forge 1 UID, you have to use RARE crafted color specific UIDs, if that is intended or a bug, i dont know.

However, due to the decrease from 250 to 100 UIDs and their price fall from 40 to 20s, the gift of color now costs 20g instead 100g.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

MossyStump.9461

I’m very much hoping that it is a bug, though honestly it doesn’t seem like it is. Just due to the fact that otherwise you’d be able to craft it by buying very low cost unidentified dyes.

It appears that the only way to actually craft this now is to actually buy the dyes, as by crafting unidentified through rares is incredibly insane due to their prices.

I’m sorry, but way to go ANet. 20G isn’t a dreadful amount, but being almost forced to buy them due to the only other means of obtaining the dyes… It’s ridiculous.

in Crafting

Rauderi.8706

The amount of effort it takes to make the specific UNID-color dyes is pretty harsh anyway, so it’d be much easier to get them off the trading post while they’re cheap.
I’m still sour about the laurel change. 5:1 ratio is just a backhanded slap, but there’s plenty of supply on the TP right now.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

It is not as bad as it was if you were making Quip or The Moot before Acheivement Boxes. These both require 5 Box o’ Funs, which used to be only purchasable from the gem store. Unidententified dyes are tradeable, craftable and purchasable with laurels. There are black lion chests, and given that keys are occasionally obtained through standard game play you will probably get a few of them that way even without visiting the gem store.

Is getting 100 of them through normal gameplay next to impossible? Yes, but no more so than for 100 charged lodestones or 250 silver doubloons. At least with unidentified dyes the trading post option is a relatively pain free one.

(edited by Cormac.3871)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

give it time. If they change nothing about unid dyes, they will eventually cost 1g each. they are only cheap right now because of the huge surplus

in Crafting

Rauderi.8706

give it time. If they change nothing about unid dyes, they will eventually cost 1g each. they are only cheap right now because of the huge surplus

I own part of that surplus. ;_; I was at work when the market boomed.

So, c’mon, ANet, make those precursors more available so people will rush to buy dye!

Many alts; handle it!

in Crafting

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I love how people refer to an Unid dye as costing 40s when it reached that value for 20 days max. Getting to that value abruptly and leaving that value as abruptly as went there.

That was a bubble, get over it.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Crafting

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

one of my guildies needs the gift of color as well and as she doesn’t craft or play so much (being a mother with a very young child and all) she didn’t exactly have a whole lot of resources to get that gift.

I ended up giving her the full 100 she needed since I got a lot back from the patch. For super casual players, this change was demoralising.

in Crafting

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

If gift of color is demoralizing for someone, then the whole cost to craft a bifrost will sent her in shock.(it’s not like gift of color can be use for anything else.)

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

If gift of color is demoralizing for someone, then the whole cost to craft a bifrost will sent her in shock.(it’s not like gift of color can be use for anything else.)

If you cannt afford 22g for gift of color then getting the legendary should not be on your list. With that said, they need to improve ways to get dyes and charging 5 laurels for 1 dye is not a method.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I own part of that surplus. ;_; I was at work when the market boomed.

So, c’mon, ANet, make those precursors more available so people will rush to buy dye!

I think most of us have a couple of stacks of them in our banks. Surplus isn’t going anywhere soon….

Yes, I so wish I’d pushed for BiFrost earlier in game. Ugg, the Legend…… you kitten…

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.