Crafting ascended items or...

in Crafting

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Repeatedly stick a knitting needle into my eyeball? Which would be more painful? As I just started trying to make the ascended version of the Escape from LA backpack as my first go at any crafting beyond exotic and I am really dismayed by the ingredient requirements in terms of time required to attain them, and then the time limit on crafting the individual parts. So far it appears that sticking the knitting needle into my eyeball will be much less painful… Spoon

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Repeatedly stick a knitting needle into my eyeball? Which would be more painful? As I just started trying to make the ascended version of the Escape from LA backpack as my first go at any crafting beyond exotic and I am really dismayed by the ingredient requirements in terms of time required to attain them, and then the time limit on crafting the individual parts. So far it appears that sticking the knitting needle into my eyeball will be much less painful… Spoon

The recipes for ascended mats have been known for a couple of months, also the timegates. Until now you propably sold all your t2-5 cloth/leather/ore while you could have saved up most of the requirements by now.

even though i only main 1 toon (heavy), i still have a leatherworker at 500 and crafted elonian leather every day.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

I agree its more pain then gain.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I just realized it will be over a month of crafting just to get the elonian squares… I think I need a knitting needle for each eye.

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I just realized it will be over a month of crafting just to get the elonian squares… I think I need a knitting needle for each eye.

Or you buy them on the TP in 2 minutes …..

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

just wait until you go to craft ascended armor.
in their defense, legendary is still longer to get. however, it requires more diversity in where you go to get it. I do agree that crafting ascended from scratch is more painful than making a legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Granted the colored back blades are amazing, and it sucks that you have to go to such lengths to obtain them, any other form of ascended gear is absolutely not required for game progression unless you’re doing Fractals. Some people are psychologically bound to having the best gear, and some see ascended for the gold and materials sink that it is.

in Crafting

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Considering the effort involved, it’s probably not a good idea to craft ascended armour before the changes to zerker gear anyway.