Crafting level 500 using Ori

in Crafting

Posted by: Baronessvonbaugh.2165

Baronessvonbaugh.2165

Hey,

We could use more sources of ori than you are giving us because we are preparing to get our characters crafting levels to 500 and the next level will be the armor which will need even more. So stop being so stingy with it. Put it out more than mithril which we have too much of.

in Crafting

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Get some alts. I now have 4 lvl 80s and can get about 90 ingots per day.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ori (and metal in general) is not a problem. Wood however is.
Neither of those comes even close to the problem that scarcity of cloth reliable sources will cause.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

While not ideal, I’ve been getting a constant trickle of Ori/ancient/gossimer from salvaging every item I pick up (….yay… salvage-o-matic and luck).

The only other way is to go on ore/wood runs with your main and/or alts daily. And just start saving up. Since it hasn’t been announced when yet, we have maybe another month or two until it comes out (maybe early Dec). Or, they could be reconsidering how to handle ascended armor after the blacklash from the weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

Morgoth Bauglyr.9726

the wood is pretty harsh. i have been deforesting maps for about 4 hours now just to make 3 spiritwood planks. not exactly fun.
cloth will be even worse once ascended armors hit.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Yeah, I decided (after I already crafted my ascended weapon, doh) that I should stock up again on some of the lower level woods, so I just started slowly leveling up so alts for the past month or so.

in Crafting

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I’m fairly lucky in that my first 3 80s were engie, ranger, and thief, so only leather worker to 500 will work for me for a while. Of course, even that will be painful- I’m slowly saving up the gossamer and hard leather I get from salvaging for luck/ectos

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They won’t do this because they want you to take as long as possible to craft the ascended gear. Gear progression is their illusion of content that’s supposed to keep you in the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Its possible to lvl weaponsmithing from 400-500 without using Orichalcum but only using t5 mats.

I tested it myself 2 weeks ago just to prove a point that you dont need to forge a single exotic weapon to get to 500.

That being said, it is not the cheapest way to get to 500 because usually the resale profit of sentinel or sentinel destroyer weapons is just too big to ignore.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

They won’t do this because they want you to take as long as possible to craft the ascended gear. Gear progression is their illusion of content that’s supposed to keep you in the game.

Have you considered how the servers stay turned on? Think on it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Twentytwo.3259

Twentytwo.3259

Its possible to lvl weaponsmithing from 400-500 without using Orichalcum but only using t5 mats.

I tested it myself 2 weeks ago just to prove a point that you dont need to forge a single exotic weapon to get to 500.

That being said, it is not the cheapest way to get to 500 because usually the resale profit of sentinel or sentinel destroyer weapons is just too big to ignore.

Care to give me your secret? I’m at 453 and everything except exotics went grey at 425.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Care to give me your secret? I’m at 453 and everything except exotics went grey at 425.

Discovery of blue, green and yellow lvl 80 weapons still give 4k-5k cxp.

in Crafting

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

my 7 alts can get 350 ori ore and 250 ancient wood log a day…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Gratz. This should not however be considered a baseline for material consumption.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

on 450+ you should just transmute blood, empyrial or dragonite fragments to 475

and ori is fine. dont need more ingame or it would lose value.

in Crafting

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

It is okay the way it is now… think of it as an endgame crafting, it should not be easy. And if you do not like the farming, you are on bad address – that is what MMOs are about (speaking of crafting). Ori and Ancient wood logs should be rare and their daily spawns are okay the way they are now, imo. What I hate more is not being able to sell ascended materials, because I have loads of some while I don´t really need them and I cannot trade them for others.

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]

in Crafting

Twentytwo.3259

That’s about 8 points. Still waiting to hear Wanze’s method.

Maybe I’m just bad at math. 400 to 500 is ~2.4 Million CXP. That’s ~480 Discoveries.
7 Weapons, 9 Prefixes, 3 qualities is about 190 weapons. What do I do for the rest?

(edited by Twentytwo.3259)

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

That’s about 8 points. Still waiting to hear Wanze’s method.

8 points?

in Crafting

Twentytwo.3259

8 points?

Edited my other post as you were replying.

Maybe I’m just bad at math. 400 to 500 is ~2.4 Million CXP. That’s ~480 Discoveries.
7 Weapons, 9 Prefixes, 3 qualities is about 190 weapons. What do I do for the rest?

in Crafting

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

400-425 : refinning
425-500 : ~30-40 exotics discovery.

Average leveling gold spent : 120-185g
Average ascended craft cost : 40-80g

(edited by The Sixteenth.2561)

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

8 points?

Edited my other post as you were replying.

10 prefixes, you either forgot sentinel or givers.
from 400-425 you can either refine mats or craft rare inscriptions, from 450-475 you can refine ascended mats or use the new 450 recipes using spores.

Also dont forget that you can use sigil and consumable discoveries.

As i said, its possible to lvl to 500 without crafting an exotic weapon but not the cheapest way.

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

you guys are all WAAYYYY behind… you get get from 400-475 with like 5g using the new toxic recipes…

If you are crafting exotics and refining things you are throwing away money,

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

you guys are all WAAYYYY behind… you get get from 400-475 with like 5g using the new toxic recipes…

If you are crafting exotics and refining things you are throwing away money,

Except that (1) you need to refine the ascended mats anyway and (2) refining t6 wood/metal/cloth can be done at a profit.