Crafting material tear 6 farm

in Crafting

Posted by: MagnusFireblade.2108

MagnusFireblade.2108

In here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reef_Skelk

It says that the vicious claws are dropped but these guys. The tier dropped depends on the monster level?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yes. For tier 6 you’re looking for lv76+ which basically means you are killing the ones in Southsun Cove which are lv80.

It also depends on character level. When the LS stuff upscales a character to 80 they will be getting lowered tier items. This would also be true in WvW but there doesn’t seem to be any Reef Skelks in there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

T6 farming by killing mobs is ridiculously slow. Go kill champs, it’s much faster.

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

T6 farming by killing mobs is ridiculously slow. Go kill champs, it’s much faster.

You could pull a very good number of T6 (and make a lot of gold) via farming in SSC and FGS (more than you could champ farming).

The trouble is now, with the megaservers, there are just too many people farming the same mobs without grouping, which kills your overall rate.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

You could pull a very good number of T6 (and make a lot of gold) via farming in SSC and FGS (more than you could champ farming).

The trouble is now, with the megaservers, there are just too many people farming the same mobs without grouping, which kills your overall rate.

I tried the SSC farming before megaservers and the drop rate was absolutely abysmal. I could get 2-3 champ bags running the train for every T6 that dropped. I might have been unlucky, of course.

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Fenrir.3609

I tried the SSC farming before megaservers and the drop rate was absolutely abysmal. I could get 2-3 champ bags running the train for every T6 that dropped. I might have been unlucky, of course.

I was getting around 8G+ worth of T6 per hour jumping between SSC and FGS farming T6 (with other loot taking the return well over 10-12G+). It was certainly more than I was getting from the FGS train anyway, but the train also granted insane amounts of skill points. And as you say, maybe I was just lucky.

Still, it doesn’t seem as good now as the entire coast is full of people farming (including people/bots teleporting from point to point).

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

that..or..you could run something that will gets you gold and just buy the T6 mats?
I THINK that could be faster..am I right?

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

in Crafting

Fenrir.3609

that..or..you could run something that will gets you gold and just buy the T6 mats?

If you can make more gold than you can farm T6 mats (which you can if you know what you are doing), then ofc gold farming is faster than target farming. If you are able to speedclear dungeons or play the TP, then gold farming and then buying is the faster option.

But in terms of open world pve, T6 target centric farming was the best gold gain farm (I am aware of). Now, well i’m not sure but I would imagine it still is.

in Crafting

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Depends a lot on the RNG .. if i kill Arctodus for 30 minutes i can get between 2-12 T6 mats, in an hour its mostly around 10-20.

Never really had that much in Champion Runs, so i prefer that and kill the Troll now and then whenever the train shows up

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Yep. There’s something wrong with this game, because that’s true in nearly every instance. Want something. Don’t farm it, farm gold instead and buy on the TP.

The alternative for T6 mats is to buy with laurels. You don’t know which 3 you’ll get, but if they’re not the ones you need, you can sell them and buy the ones you need.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Tears are what you’re going to get if you farm for T6 mats. Run dungeons and buy them. It’s easier and faster. GW2 is very farm-unfriendly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Never set out to farm specific items. Farming in this game isn’t for items, it’s for gold to buy them.

in Crafting

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Isn’t farming Orr a better alternative? You can get direct T6 drops as well as Heavy Moldy Bags, which can give T6 as well. And a bunch of T5 to promote on top.

If you only really need just claws, I’d trade in any surplus of other T6 or doing a couple dungeon runs for the gold to buy them.