Crafting my Legendary - Skillpoints.

in Crafting

Posted by: biscuit.5091

biscuit.5091

So crafting a legendary requires 200 skill-points – I didn’t realize it (wasn’t even planning for it till I got to level 80), I basiclly spent all my skill-points over my utility’s. Is there a cap for my skill-points or If i’d like to make a legendary I should re-roll?

in Crafting

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

After level 80, you still “level up” and earn one skill point for every 254,000 experience you earn.

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

You get a skill point everytime you level up, even after 80 you’re still technically getting xp and a skillpoint for everytime you would have gotten a new level.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

You’ll also get quite a few more working on the 100% map completion aspect of it.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Crafting

biscuit.5091

The question is, is there a cap for the ‘leveling’?

in Crafting

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

No, you level endlessly.

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

If it is anything like GW1 (which I suspect that it is) I ended with 3400+ skill points on my warrior when I left for GW2. I very much doubt that there is any cap.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: Paulus magintie.7432

Paulus magintie.7432

I would say its like GW1 each time you leveled you got a skill point to spend in the skill vendors.

Only this time you don’t spend it on skills XD

in Crafting

biscuit.5091

Cool cool. So any of you got some progress tips for creating a legendary? I’m considering the Greatswords for my warrior so any tips on what order to do stuff would be nice

in Crafting

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

By the time you farm enough karma and exploration, you’ll already have enough gold for other stuff.

200 skill point is probably one of easiest part of legendary, my elementalist had 250 skill points sitting around with only 55% world completion and I’m not even going for legendary on my elementalist

Make a list http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/68910-the-long-awaited-legendary-greatsword-sunrise/ and make sure you really want to start on this journey.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

IMO start with 100% world then move to karma farming on Cursed Shore and WvW (for both karma and badges), then do the dungeon (should be AC for you). Doing all those things will get you a lot of money for which you can buy the rest of the mats etc. Short version :p
This is the order I’m doing it. For the exact recipe and more info go to:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/64363-legendary-weapons-guide/

Also skillpoints is the least of your problem, I’ve got all my skills learned etc and I have got about 350 points after reaching 80.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I just wanted to give you some solace. I unlocked every skill on my warrior without thinking about it. That took up every skill point I had earned. So I had zero. Then I earned enough skill points to make a mystic weapon. I think that took 50 skill points. I now have been farming up karma for a set of exotic karma armor and I am sitting at around 120 skill points. Getting skill points at 80 is not difficult. So don’t worry.

in Crafting

biscuit.5091

Btw I’m more into the twilight (atleast for the first weapon). Is it the same path as the sunrise?

in Crafting

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I don’t think you’re even reading what people are posting

Quote from Aphix:
“This is the order I’m doing it. For the exact recipe and more info go to:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/64363-legendary-weapons-guide/"

in Crafting

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

Honestly the skill points will be the least of your concerns, you’ll get ten times over that on your way to getting your karma.

in Crafting

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

World completion and the skillpoint prerequisite are the easiest steps in the legendary equation =(