Crafting rare weapons-->mystic forge?

in Crafting

Posted by: amanj.4903

amanj.4903

Is it profitable to just craft your own rare weapons and put them into the forge? Or just buy the rare weapons from the TP and do it that way? I’ve just started the road to my legendary Twilight…! Any response is appreciated, thanks

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Profitable? No…not at all unless extremely lucky with rng.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: amanj.4903

amanj.4903

So you wont be saving golds by making your own rare weapons and put those in the mystic forge in order to obtain a precursor then just buying your rare weapons from the TP? My friends adviced me to craft my own weapons, that way I’ll save alot of gold when crafting them in large quantites!

in Crafting

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

It’s really a crap-shoot. You can spend the time farming your own mats and throwing the rares in the MF. Or you can buy the mats and throw them in the MF, and spend the time farming the gold to buy the mats…
Either way, you are farming :p Unless you do a ton of TP stock market trading.. in which case you could probably just buy everything straight up.

Really, though, you aren’t going to make a huge profit. The odds are a pretty low on rares, and exotics are fairly expensive to be smashing in the MF. It would be worth throwing 4 exotics in the MF if you didn’t need all those globs and mats for the other gifts, but since you need to save them up, it’s too costly.

Often, you could make more money by simply selling the rares(depending on the market, a rare weapon can go anywhere from 25s to 50s). But, personally, I usually throw them in the MF and hope for the RNG to smile on me.

It’s like playing the lottery, you just hope that one of those times you hit the jackpot and receive a Dusk or something worth hundreds of gold.

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

It’s cheaper to make them than to buy them already made on the TP. I spend 9 gold and made 32 rares. I already had some mithril and elder wood, but not many of the T5 mats. It might be cheaper now since the last time I checked, the T5 mats were basically all below a silver. When I did this a few weeks ago, they were all around 1s20c.

Is it profitable? It depends. On my first two tries with 24 rare staves, I made my money back and then some because I sold all the exotics I got back out of the forge. The third time I did 24, I got maybe 1 exotic. When I did 32, I got 0 exotics. Salvaged my last two rares and got four ectos. It depends on whether the RNG gods are smiling on you.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

based on my small sample i broke even, sat at 300 wepon smithing for ages building up mats and doing map stuff last night sat down did 300-400 and tossed every thing into Zommoros’s pit of hunger. result one rare 2 exotics and a pile of blues that would probably sell in total for the amount the mats would.

If your leveling well you made the stuff any way throw the dice if you like but long term your only going to do well if your lucky and for every one that does there is the guy who tossed 100 hamers in the forge for nix.

Ulfar SOR

in Crafting

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

I think it is cheaper to farm frats and do a daily crapshoot with rares u got rom it..
So far I got named exotics, but not a precursor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Consider, one day there might actually be very few or no bots, and then who will be putting excessive amounts of materials on the TP? 0o

I’d been crafting rank 80 rare staves and chucking them into the MForge. I’ve done somewhere around 20-25 attempts, and have gotten 2 named staves. I sell exotics given by MForge for about 3 gold, and the rares I get from MForge are thrown back into MForge when I get 4 or craft the rest of a set of 4. i tried the exotics in MForge too, once or twice.

I take my 3 rank 80s around a few maps and gather Elder wood and Mythryl ore to lower costs of crafting rares. A jumping puzzle (Antre of Adjournment) has several Smuggler’s Loot chests that give materials, and i can’t pass that up.

Anyone know of another puzzle with Smuggler’s Loot? I checked wiki and did not see another one (did I overlook one?).

in Crafting

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

It really depends: if you already got the materials to make rare weapons, then go nuts! However, if you’re buying out the materials to craft rare weapons for the purpose of Forging them, you’re probably better off just buying the cheapest Rares and dumping them in the Forge.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmm donno how viable this would be.. but i’d say.. for now, i wouldn’t gamble with the mystic forge too much for your pre-cursor. and definitely not for money making.

there is talk about “easier” or “more accessible” ways to get your pre-cursor, so no point in gambling with the MF now. if you MUST and want to get it this way, either buy rares to throw in, or even better, wait until you find 4 of the same weapon type that you want, and throw it in. that’s more epic. ; )))

because if i get rares, i’d rather salvage them for ectos. if you’re looking at a 30% chance at the clovers, you’ll need about 500+ ectos using the 1x clover recipe. that’s a lot of ectos.

and all the while not wasting funds or mats to create or make rare weapons, you’ll be saving a lot of gold. so by the time you get everything else, you may have that much more gold to spend on a precursor if you must.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Every rare and up you get, check the selling price for if it costs more than an ecto. If it does, sell it. If it doesn’t, salvage it.

Also, don’t speed this through. It’s not the end of the world if it takes you one year to get a legendary. Hey, you got yours, why does it matter you get it in a week?

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If they have fixed the Godskull “exploit” I really wouldn’t recommend it.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?