Crafting recipes

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

Posted by: silleke.3069

silleke.3069

Hi guys,

Recently, i’ve had this dropped “Recipe: Claw of the Howling King” on my main character

Since my main already had 2x lvl400 crafting professions, i decided to make an alt where i could level jeweler. The thing is, to unlock the recipe, your char has to be lvl 80.

At the moment i don’t have enough time to level my alt. So now my question is the following: if i unlock the recipe on my main char with tailor and artificer, will i be able to use it on my alt with jeweler 400 or is this simply impossible and would i have to learn jeweler on my main aswell then?

I tried to explain the situation best i could and i hope you guys understand it. If you need more info or anything, feel free to ask.

thanks in advance!

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

nope, you must unlock recepie with character you going to use it on.

But I am puzzled about this lvl 80 thing. I am sure I “ate” recepies way above my current level/crafting level and was still able to use them when I reached desired level in crafting. Also I used recepies for which I had no crafting proffesion leveled yet (never learned) and they still were added to my list when I bought next craft.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

silleke.3069

Well, the actual message i get is this: You’ve already learned this recipe

But the recipe itself is still in my inventory and i can’t find it in my crafting tab

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

Bartas.4908

in that case you most probably learned this recepie but it is for craft you do not know yet. For example (made up) you have cooking and leatherworking but this recepie is for huntsman. It means you KNOW the recepie but either do not know the craft or do not have appropriate level of crafting. If the second point is the case you should still be able to see this recepie in red on your recepie list.

Proud member of [BOO]

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

silleke.3069

Nah, that’s not it either .. the recipe is for jeweler and my jeweler is 400 atm so .. hmppf

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

Bartas.4908

then I have no idea what’s going on. Anyway, are you sure you want the recepie that uses 200 ascalonian tears AND is only a trinket with poor stats?

Proud member of [BOO]

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

silleke.3069

aslong as sells for 2g+, i’ve no problems with it in any way

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

then I have no idea what’s going on. Anyway, are you sure you want the recepie that uses 200 ascalonian tears AND is only a trinket with poor stats?

For something that costs so little in investment (a few ori ores only) and a permanent token sink for them, it’s a great deal.

@OP
You are sooooooooooooooo lucky! Ofc, with this, you could drive the prices down, which will be good for me and a few other people :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Crafting recipes

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The recipies sold at the vendor near the Claw of Jormag event also have a level 80 requirement and indicate “you have already learned this” rather than “Your level is insuficient” when you try to use it at less than level 80.

You got a license to print money with that sheet. Store it ’till your Jewel alt is 80 (and frankly, get them to 80 ASAP). It will be totally worth the one bank slot being taken up with it until you are ready.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)