Crafting window. Needs a resizing option.

in Crafting

Posted by: scoop.9613

scoop.9613

Anyone have a solution to this?

Some windows have an option to resize. The Inventory being one of them.

In the crafting window, when you have a crafting option, sometimes it doesn’t fit in the space provided.

Example: Rejuvenating Iron Plated Inscription (Master) (1)

I am able to see most of the text, but not the number of items I am able to craft based on my available materials. All I see is:

Rejuvenating Iron Plated Inscription ( …

Anyone have a solution for this as I don’t see an option to drag the window any bigger in order to see all of the text?

in Crafting

scoop.9613

Is this a question that has been asked ad nauseum?

I figured there would have been a few people who also see a problem with the current setup.

in Crafting

Posted by: pendevin.4263

pendevin.4263

If you don’t see a number after the …, then you don’t have the materials to craft that item. What’s in the parentheses that gets cut off is the rarity of that item.

in Crafting

scoop.9613

Come on…. I understand if I don’t have the materials…

What I’m saying, is that if the items’ text is fewer than the available text area, I can see it all. For the items that have adjectives describing it, that are longer than the area available…all I see is “….” I should be able to resize the window in order to see all of the text.

in Crafting

scoop.9613

Attached is a screenshot of what I mean. You cannot see how many of each Item you can craft, regardless of available materials, without either clicking on each, individual item, or re-sizing the window(which I don’t see as an option). As you can see, it is only an issue with items with many adjectives describing the item.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Pillow.9473

Pillow.9473

ZERO
you dont have the mats to craft anything
if you would, there would be numbers there
the only part of the text that is missing now is the name

get the 2 leather needed and see for yourself

in Crafting

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

These kinds of problems with cutoff text is something you can expect from a Korean mmo translated into English, but this is an English company…

If I were to do this kind of thing in the web design world I would be laughed at and be unemployed. I don’t want to see cutoff text anywhere in a game either. I don’t want these to wrap to a lower line or anything, just be one line. It’s not your designers fault that your developers named things that long, but it is the designers fault for not correcting the issue of readability.

There is a massive list of things that are wrong with nearly every piece of text in this game and that is just pathetic. From traits that don’t tell you anything to skills that don’t give you numbers to work with. Some item descriptions with the word ‘consumable’ in them are still messed up.
Then you have the interface that someone decided was a great idea to remove the ability for us to resize them to our liking because they like to use static designs instead of flexible ones.

On that interface alone there is like 100px of margin between the text and the actual useable interface parts on the right. Set that to 80px and we can read them all. Or stop using static designs

Anyway, the parenthesis with the numbers in them will show up in the visible area if you can actually craft one, if you can’t you just can’t read what quality they are so you have no idea if it’s rare or master.

in Crafting

scoop.9613

ZERO
you dont have the mats to craft anything
if you would, there would be numbers there
the only part of the text that is missing now is the name

get the 2 leather needed and see for yourself

I see now that when I have enough mats I see a (1) next to the item. It still sucks that it cuts off whether the item is master, rare, etc…

It can’t be that hard to add a resizing handle on the bottom right like there is for the inventory

(edited by scoop.9613)