Crystalline Dust

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: dan matthews.2736

dan matthews.2736

Ok im seeing a serious issue. Crystalline dust is the most important T6 material in the game. This is because its needed for just about every transmute, not to mention its needed for legendary weapons. The price on the TP is 35s atm. Why is this material SO hard to get when its needed for most all of the transmutes??? This makes no sense whatsoever. The fact thakittens so expensive prevents most people from transmuting at all because its pointless. You end up spending more money to create the item than you would if you just bought it. IMO, anet you need to either make the item buyable at a fixed price or dramaticly increase the drop rate because it makes 0 sense atm. Its preventing players from using a key element of your game.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

It’s been like this since a long time. Transmuting has been a pointless exercise if its not dust→dust for months.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

They won’t change the price. It used to be 3s, it went up because people realized they could profit because it was used for everything.

The reason why the price is high is because people that play the game changed the price.

If you want some Crystalline Dust, you can either make it via the Mystic Forge, or you can grind it via hard methods… it IS a T6 mat, so what do you expect?

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Gasoline.2570

But honestly, it is used in more recipes than anything else. It only would indeed make sense for it to drop a bit more but alas, anet loves to keep people poor.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

This material is used in way too many recipes. Some of the game transmuting mechanic is completely useless due to the high price / low drop rate of this material.

At least heavy moldy bags / heavy loot bags should drop only T5 and T6 materials because those leather and silk crap that comes out of them is the most annoying thing ever.
For example 1 week ago i crafted 100 charged lodestones for my gift of lightning with my dust what i collected from drops because it was worth it. Now i have to buy that 100 dust for the other gift and i will end up a huge loss if it continues like this.

Hopefully the stupid southsun cove event will stop and ppl will start to farm CS a bit more.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

Union Farm was the fix to this problem. Getting 20-30 dust an hour was easy. Plain and simple a huge supply avenue was cut off for a high demand item.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

Union Farm was the fix to this problem. Getting 20-30 dust an hour was easy. Plain and simple a huge supply avenue was cut off for a high demand item.

i agree union was keeping the price decient but now union has been nurffed. so now there is no reasion to go to orr anymore except for temples. i ran thor cursed shore>Malcores leap>streats of desolation. what was funnie is a asked is anyone there for 5 minits no reply until i herd this from a player “holey cow im not the only one here. do you want to take on Grienth” i told him no im node farmming.

so orr to me is becoming a ghost town. and becasue risen wraths have a chance to drop and now there is no drops at and around union we can expect T6 Dust to keep rising in Price.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The lack of dust on the TP is just one of the signs that the loot system remain completely out of whack in GW2.

Just to take an example experience: While running around the Lyssa temple today, I killed 4 veteran air elementals. I got 1 white hammer for it. Seriously? 3 of them didnt give any loot at all and one give a bloody WHITE item. Its veterans ffs!

Anet need to fix this across the board… But I fear its not going to happen. No, we’ll probably see a new Black Lion chest that has a chance to drop T6 materials for 100 gems a piece instead.

Bah!

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

From first hand experience, it’s not THAT bad once you get into cursed shore and farm spiders.

The issue at hand is everyone is in Southsun Cove.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Gasoline.2570

From first hand experience, it’s not THAT bad once you get into cursed shore and farm spiders.

The issue at hand is everyone is in Southsun Cove.

Nah. It still is quite awful no matter if people are in southsun or not.

Did you notice armored scales or pow bloods? Their price hasn’t gotten any lower no matter if all the dust framers are farming them.

The drop rate is awful for all t6. Anet likes this, anet wants it. Whatever the gullible people argue for drop rates, the prices reflect everything. Hehheh.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Dust SHOULD be the most expensive T6. ~35s seems a fair price in contrast to the price of a lot of the other materials at the moment.

They’ll likely drop a bit soon – a lot of the people are abusing the MF buff in Southsun (hence the low priced blood) and move onto farming dust shortly enough.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Dust use to be so dirt cheap when people farmed plinx back in the day. People spent alot of time on Cursed to get legendaries and you got alot of dust there. No one really goes to cursed anymore plinx is nerfed. You still have the temples but there really isn’t much farming on cursed anymore as there is less reason to go there.

Part of it can be blamed on the community people whined that they needed more places to go. Why is cursed the end game, we hate risen, cursed is boring, risen are to hard, I can’t get anywhere etc. Enter southsun coast, enter new events that don’t happen on cursed.

I honestly always liked cursed shore the temples are in place for some cool events if they ever decide to use them for any of these living story events.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Part of it can be blamed on the community people whined that they needed more places to go. Why is cursed the end game, we hate risen, cursed is boring, risen are to hard, I can’t get anywhere etc. Enter southsun coast, enter new events that don’t happen on cursed.

And its so ironic that SS is even more annoying than Orr, with veteran karka littering your path, events that spawn a million mobs, heavy hitting ranged attacks and the funny new reef drakes that can bring you down to 30% hp with 18 confusion stacks before the loading screen has even popped.

Orr is a walk in the park in comparison, you almost feel bad killing them when they cant even scratch the dye on your armour.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Siigari.6587

Siigari.6587

Don’t worry guys, you just need to play the game normally to get it. Don’t fret, you’ll get your stack of dust eventually!

Right?

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Orr is kinda over-nerfed in general, and that made it not profitable enough to go to.

Plinx was nerfed, spiders don’t give loot, scaling makes it a LOT harder with less mobs to kill in general, and now there’s rumors tunnel farm was nerfed.

Please fix this. Bring back the events and loot!

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: DevorianDevil.6037

DevorianDevil.6037

first they made sure all risen drop all t6 mats = less t6 dust
then they upscaled/overbuffed all mobs/events and less mobs = less t6 dust
then they made sure that most the enemies that do come are considered summons (no drops from them) = less t6 dust
then they introduced southsun cove with free 200% mf buff and guess what doenst drop there, t6 dust = less t6 dust

RESULT: Not really a lot of dust left in the loottables

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Gasoline.2570

I actually went to orr to farm those things.

It wasn’t pretty.

Nerfed to the ground <3

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

We need a new Fractal with high-level ghosts, methinks.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

Do the ghosts in urban battleground fractal not drop dust?

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Thomas Kaira.7863

Thomas Kaira.7863

There is actually one more semi-reliable way to get dust in the game: AC.

I know, everyone hates AC now, but with the recent complete destruction of Orr farming, AC is probably the only place left to go if you want to get dust. You can get Crystalline/Radiant dust from the chests in there, and it’s 40 units for Radiant, meaning in just a few runs, you have enough to promote it in the MF and get 15-20 more Crystalline.

If you need dust, give AC some love.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

So, how many runs should i do to get 500 crystalline dust (1/10 of the T6 mats needed)?

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I haven’t done Fractals myself, but I was under the impression that Urban Battleground puts in your the role of Charr attacking Ascalon just after the Searing. The Foefire hasn’t happened yet, so no ghosts around.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

I need hundreds of these T6 dust, and I hate it. I spend so much money on Elonian Wine, and I feel its so incremental to just do Ecto farming.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

I haven’t done Fractals myself, but I was under the impression that Urban Battleground puts in your the role of Charr attacking Ascalon just after the Searing. The Foefire hasn’t happened yet, so no ghosts around.

That it does, but if I recall correctly I believe I had read/seen somewhere that stated the game treats them like ghosts. That is http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Ghost_Slaying increases damage done to them.

I would assume that if true, they should have the same loot table and should therefore drop the dust. I may be completely mistaken and therefore ignored, but I’m almost certain about the sigils. I was just presenting a possible solution, as I agree with the sentiment that Crystalline Dust price is extremely out of whack.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: razn.7160

razn.7160

Brace yourselves, Crystalline Dust is about to hit the 40silver/unit mark.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: razn.7160

razn.7160

first they made sure all risen drop all t6 mats = less t6 dust
then they upscaled/overbuffed all mobs/events and less mobs = less t6 dust
then they made sure that most the enemies that do come are considered summons (no drops from them) = less t6 dust
then they introduced southsun cove with free 200% mf buff and guess what doenst drop there, t6 dust = less t6 dust

RESULT: Not really a lot of dust left in the loottables

What he said.

Crystalline Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

Pretty sure I got a crystalline dust the last time I did Fractals Urban Battlegrounds, maybe last week or so. It was a guild group and we killed all the ghosts between Siegemaster Dulfy and the courtyard for loot. I don’t think PUGs usually take the time to do that, since the running from group to group takes a while and isn’t crucial to the Fractal’s success.

@ Thomas Kaira, I’d totally forgotten about going to AC, that’s a good option.

It occurs to me that players who are often solo might be in a rough spot though.

(edited by Tierce.5370)