Delete single proffesion from my character

in Crafting

Posted by: zerohunter.3196

zerohunter.3196

Hi, i know that i can change other proffesion, but i want something else, i’d like to have 1 proffesion on my 1 character, since there is 8 proffesions for 8 classes. I want have for example only jeweler on my guardian, and delete cooking, is there a way? I can even pay gems for it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Let me try:

Your character has a profession (Engineer, Warrior etc.) commonly called a class in other MMOs.

Your character can have 2 Crafts (Amorsmith, Cooking etc.) at one time.

I presume you’re talking about Crafts.

Your question is answered here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Let me try:

Your character has a profession (Engineer, Warrior etc.) commonly called a class in other MMOs.

Your character can have 2 Crafts (Amorsmith, Cooking etc.) at one time.

I presume you’re talking about Crafts.

Your question is answered here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting

Crafting discipline*

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Crafting

Posted by: zerohunter.3196

zerohunter.3196

Yes, crafting instead of proffesion, but wiki dont say how to delete craft like i never used it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Yes, crafting instead of proffesion, but wiki dont say how to delete craft like i never used it.

“To learn a craft, speak to the relevant master craftsman; they also answer basic questions and sell supplies for their craft. Although a character can only have two disciplines active at a time, they can pay a master craftsman to switch, at cost of 10 Copper coin per level already attained in the target discipline. Taking on a new discipline is always free, while switching back to a maxed discipline (at level 500) costs 50 Silver coin. "

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You can only switch to a different crafting profession to take the place of the one you don’t use. Deletions are not allowed.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Crafting is not account bound though… so the achievements track whoever has the highest level in a craft.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Crafting

Posted by: Doo Lally.8594

Doo Lally.8594

Question: If I delete a character that has a maxed level crafting discipline can I pick that discipline at the same level on another character (for a cost of course)?

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

Question: If I delete a character that has a maxed level crafting discipline can I pick that discipline at the same level on another character (for a cost of course)?

No. Each profession is attached to that character and level separately. If you delete that character then you lose all the progress attached to it. For example, I leveled cooking to level 400 on 3 different characters (for the then 10 levels it gave me). Each time I chose cooking I started at the beginning.

in Crafting

Posted by: Doo Lally.8594

Doo Lally.8594

Thanks for clarifying. Now stuck with a Engineer I don’t care to play.

in Crafting

Posted by: Devbo.6280

Devbo.6280

I think that in your example, the only thing you could do would be to start cooking on another character and pretend like your guardian doesn’t know any cooking. Or delete your guardian and start completely over.

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

Make that character into a mule. Most people have 80 slots on their characters. It’s cheaper than buying 2 bank tabs for 60 slots.

in Crafting

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Deleting crafts rather than simply swapping them should be an option.

in Crafting

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

And what point would that serve?

I have huntsman level at 50 on my main wich has artificing & weaponsmith maxed at 500. I guess it would be “clean” to have the 50 huntsman deleted, I already maxed it on an alt char anyway. Other then that, nothing changes.

Anet has other things to worry about then such option.

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

It’s set up so you can level and get achievements by crafting. Originally it was 10 levels each and you could get to level 80 by maxing each one. What happens if you level one to max and then delete it? Can you then choose and get it to max again? Would you get those levels again? Could someone, for example, get to level 80 by repeatedly maxing out a profession then deleting it? What happens to the achievement for a profession an account no longer has?

There is more to it than deleting a profession. There are the achieve points and levels that go with each one. It’s much simpler for the game to have the person simply set an unwanted profession aside.

in Crafting

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You can earn all the achievements for all the crafts, delete every single character you used to do this, and still keep the achievements, so that’s not an issue.

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

You can earn all the achievements for all the crafts, delete every single character you used to do this, and still keep the achievements, so that’s not an issue.

Good point.

There is still the consideration of whether they want people to get to 80 by repeatedly maxing the same profession. If they don’t, the time and trouble it would take to redo it so that you can max one profession on several different chars but not repeatedly on one char. As well as taking the time to do OP’s suggestion when very few people care about it and it’s not causing problems in the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Strip it from all of its gear and only use it for crafting..thats what I do with some of my charrs

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

in Crafting

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. that would be a nice way to craft from 1-80 just with cooking .. craft to 400 .. delete .. craft to 400 .. delete .. and so on

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Crafting

Astral Projections.7320

Yeah .. that would be a nice way to craft from 1-80 just with cooking .. craft to 400 .. delete .. craft to 400 .. delete .. and so on

Using all hearts you can get to level 400 for less than 2 gold. At 7 levels each you could repeatedly max out and delete cooking and get to level 80 in one play period for about 22 gold. Not bad.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)