Discovering new recipes after reaching 400 crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Dresden.4097

Dresden.4097

Heya-

I’ve seen a few comments circulating the web regarding how players are no longer able to discover new recipes once they reach the maximum level in crafting. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks a bundle-

Dresden

in Crafting

Posted by: Makku.8203

Makku.8203

I didn’t notice this at all, infact I am currently 400 crafting in both cooking and tailoring and have had no issues discovering new recipes.

M

in Crafting

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

That is 100% false. You can keep discovering any recipe you have not found yet after hitting 400, and there are a number of discoveries that require 400 to even be able to make.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Dren.1364

Dren.1364

Do you still get exp for discovering new recipes even after you’ve hit level 400?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dresden.4097

Dresden.4097

That is 100% false. You can keep discovering any recipe you have not found yet after hitting 400, and there are a number of discoveries that require 400 to even be able to make.

Phew. I’m glad this is the case. I’m the type of player that likes to discover every recipe possible

Thanks, everyone!

in Crafting

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

No, you do not get XP for discoveries after you read 400.

in Crafting

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

I discovered 12 armor sets after i hit 400 and went back to fill out my known recipies. So yes you can still disco.

in Crafting

Posted by: PPson.7042

PPson.7042

The only diff for crafting at 400 and other lvls is that at 400 there are more than the normal amount of armor/weapon/whatever sets and you don’t get free experience from it anymore. Also if you want experience you can change out your crafts with a fee (goes up with the amount of recipes you have) and you keep you lvl and recipes if you ever want to go back

Seiz – 80 Human Thief
Representing Terribad (TBad)

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloud.2059

Cloud.2059

Kinda odd that you no longer get xp for crafting at 400. This is one thing that I disagree with. Crafting is a time sink and in the current state of the game, typically a money sink as well. XP is a small but nice side bonus to counteract some of that.