Dragonite Ore

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: ComeAndGetThem.3152

ComeAndGetThem.3152

Hi all.

I am currently trying to create my first ascended weapon and a full ascended armor set. Although i have all of the resources needed for the weapon and most (the rest i can buy from tp, gold is not a matter) of them for the armor set i find it very hard collecting dragonite ore. I am way behind on this material (i now have 250 and need another 250 for the weapon and 1500 for the armor).

So i was wondering which is the best way to get a steady income of dragonite ore (50-60 a day would be enough).

I saw another post and someone said that world bosses are a good idea. Problem is i have trouble tracking those events even with the event tracker from gw2stuff. Temples are rarely played on my server (balthazar was up 48 hours last time i checked) and other bosses with good drop rate are mostly inactive during my hours of play.

WvW might be a solution but i might get like 30-50 ore for 4-5 hours of play if i am lucky. I need more.

I also tried the new event, Scarlet’s Marionette. Drop rate is pretty good but had 4/5 failures so far so again i am not satisfied with the drop/time spent.

Also, joining a guild that calls out world bosses is not an option since i am currently in a guild with my friends in real life and i wouldn’t want to leave them.

With that being said, maybe one of you can help me find a solution under my circumstances.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to give you guys a good understanding of my thoughts so you can offer me the best advice.

Thanks in advance.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

If I need dragonite I constantly watch the map, once a see a contested temple (Dwayna, Melandru, Grenth, Lyssa, in this order) I go there and join the event chain or start it if not started already. Also the Golem Mark 2 drops enough dragonite and spawns often. If you have more lvl 80 chars and you make it your priority, you can get really a lot of dragonite per evening.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Many servers start massive boss kill chains at server reset.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Golem Mark II, Shatterer, Claw of Jormag, Temples, Ulgoth.
Switch on next 80 character, start all over.
If there is a gap of time between these events to spawn, fill it with Fire Ele, Maw and Behe. If there is a huge gap of time and your servers’ trains include it, go for Fire Shaman as well.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

You can guest to a high pop server too.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

On several server, a World Boss Zerg exist. It may be hard to find it for the first few time until you know which commanders run it or you run it yourself, but once you know it you usually can get 150-250 Dragonites Ore in about 2-3 hours.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Multiple toons running champs daily will get you what you need very quickly. If you have leveled alt characters have each of them hit the major bosses once per day. Google “Dragon timer” and there are a couple different sites that will give you a list of events that will give you dragonite and when they are up. The Shatterer, The Maw, Shadow Behemoth, Flame Elemental and the Keeps/Stonemist captures are the quickest ways to gather the ore.

Going after Jormag or Tequatl could be disappointing depending on how many people show up and how badly you get thumped because both of these events can be very frustrating. With Tequatl (Sparkfly) you could waste 15 minutes fighting, respawning and fighting for no reward, same with Jormag (Frostsound).

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Multiple toons running champs daily will get you what you need very quickly. If you have leveled alt characters have each of them hit the major bosses once per day. Google “Dragon timer” and there are a couple different sites that will give you a list of events that will give you dragonite and when they are up. The Shatterer, The Maw, Shadow Behemoth, Flame Elemental and the Keeps/Stonemist captures are the quickest ways to gather the ore.

Going after Jormag or Tequatl could be disappointing depending on how many people show up and how badly you get thumped because both of these events can be very frustrating. With Tequatl (Sparkfly) you could waste 15 minutes fighting, respawning and fighting for no reward, same with Jormag (Frostsound).

Maw, Behemoth, and Fire Elemental are not very good choices for Dragonite. You would have to do those 6-10 times to get the equivalent of one temple. Temple of Dwayna or Melandru are much better. They give 30 dragonite but do not require many people.

Golem is probably the best for having a short timer, decent amount of dragonite and still relatively easy(it is faster with less people around).

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Maw, Behemoth, and Fire Elemental are not very good choices for Dragonite. You would have to do those 6-10 times to get the equivalent of one temple. Temple of Dwayna or Melandru are much better. They give 30 dragonite but do not require many people.

Golem is probably the best for having a short timer, decent amount of dragonite and still relatively easy(it is faster with less people around).

My point in selecting those specific events was because of the ease of them. My assumption is the OP is not as experienced doing champ events and therefore I avoided those events that force them into a very difficult zone (Orr in general) or versus bosses that have advanced mechanics. The Maw may give approx. 15 dragonite and Dwayna gives 30 but the work to get Dwayna done is significantly more….

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

ComeAndGetThem.3152

Ok so someone gave me an application that you can see the world bosses when they are activated while you are inside the game. This helped me significantly to track down the events and by using both my level 80 characters i managed to gather 200 dragonite in 1 day. So problem solved.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Come over to Fort Aspenwood. In an hour or two I got 200 ore from the events (all in one day, not between server resets.) That’s enough for one piece of Ascended per day.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

I’ve never had problems with Dragonite Ore and I only do Tequatl and Karka daily. That’s 75 ore. If I ever need more I can just repeat Karka multiple times in a single day, as the chest can be looted by the same character for extra ore.

My problem are the Empyreal Fragments. I hate dungeons. I really REALLY HATE dungeons. The PUGs are just terrible at them and I can’t be bothered explaining it every single day for every single path. Worse still, in Europe a metric ton of people don’t know English, which makes it even harder to communicate dungeon strategies.

If anything, I would say we need more ways to get decent quantities of empyreal fragments. But this thread proves things are perfectly balanced as they are. Because different people have different results – some need more dragonite, some need more fragments. It all depends on how you play your game I guess. Did I mention I hate dungeons? >.>

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

ComeAndGetThem.3152

My problem are the Empyreal Fragments. I hate dungeons. I really REALLY HATE dungeons.

Too bad you hate dugeons… I farm 7 paths in 2 hours and get 10 gold and around 140 Emp daily. You should just write down on description XP or AP>5k and i think you will find experienced players joining your party and therefore finish it quick with no sweat.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

NSP runs all the temples that aren’t bugged starting at 5:00pm pacific time every day. The bugged ones are done at the end via guesting.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

You would be surprised how often players with over 10k AP join and don’t know how to do CM path 2 properly…. happened yesterday, with a 14k AP player.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Indeed. AP’s are no method or measure of one’s talents in a dungeon. People are naive for believing so. For the same reason Juclesia mentioned, I have a dislike for dungeons, but it’s because I’m not a dungeoneer. I’m one of these people that needs a hand through dungeons because I don’t like the eliteness of some people’s versions of group play. I’m perhaps halfway to my dungeon master title and I’m taking my sweet time getting there.

And yes, I have far more dragonite to play with than empyreal frag’s.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Any open world chest, like a JP’s chest, gives some Empyreal’s to lvl 80’s. It’s a farmable item for certain.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Any open world chest, like a JP’s chest, gives some Empyreal’s to lvl 80’s. It’s a farmable item for certain.

Not completely true. A ton of open world chests do not give fragments. Including puzzle chests like the Hidden Garden, and the chest behind the Champion Krait in Sparkfly Fen near Tequatl. Also Diessa Plateau – only 1 of the chests there seems to give fragments, and there’s at least 3 puzzles…

Also, 10 mins of concentrated jumping for 2-4 fragments is hardly a decent way to make fragments.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Combat Mania.8517

Combat Mania.8517

The game should respect the fact that every ppl enjoys the game differently. I think all 3 ascended crafting materials (dragonite, empyreal, bloodstone) should be exchangeable via MF or merchant with a small fee (karma, skill pt, or etc..). That way, all of us continue doing what we were doing (well, until WE decide to stop). Personally, I love participating world boss events or champs. Not necessarily enjoying doing JP’s or dungeons. I’m pretty sure there are tons of ppls who enjoy JP’s or dungeons, not champs or world boss… Just a thought…

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Not completely true. A ton of open world chests do not give fragments. Including puzzle chests like the Hidden Garden, and the chest behind the Champion Krait in Sparkfly Fen near Tequatl. Also Diessa Plateau – only 1 of the chests there seems to give fragments, and there’s at least 3 puzzles…

Also, 10 mins of concentrated jumping for 2-4 fragments is hardly a decent way to make fragments.

You farm them by parking toons at the end of the puzzles, I believe.

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

You farm them by parking toons at the end of the puzzles, I believe.

That is a really slow way of farming them. Believe me, I’ve parked 7 alts at a chest at one point. The best way to farm these are to do dungeons. Each path gives 20.

How did we get to these though? I thought the topic was about Dragonite Ore.
On a sidenote, more Dragonite Ore is being added for taking over Keeps/towers in WvW with thuesday’s patch.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Dragonite Ore

in Crafting

ComeAndGetThem.3152

On a sidenote, more Dragonite Ore is being added for taking over Keeps/towers in WvW with thuesday’s patch.

Do you know what the difference will be? 5 ore for keep lord really sucks. It should be something like 20 considering that most of the times you will be fighting over the castle. By the way, you did mean keeps/castles right? Because if they add dragonite ore on towers then i should just let everything and focus on WvW