Dragonite ore - dungeons/fractals

in Crafting

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

Dear players, Anet

I play on different occasions, its pretty random. There was times i could get a nice amount because i was able to run with some groups to clear temples. Now that megaserver is added these temples seem to be free nearly 24/7. I barely catch on a chance to capture one leaving me with the other sources that are world bosses/PvP/WvW.

I know most bosses are a walk in the park, but they reward you with only a handfull of dragonite ore. Those that grant bigger rewards take serious coordination, still lacking on the server I play. And i’d probably miss out on it anyway due to the new timings.

I don’t PVP / WvW that much, i really don’t like it. When I do it, its just to get daily’s or monthly’s finished. Considering that the rewards on dragonite ore will not be that big anyway.

I mainly play this game for dungeons & fractals. yet both of these things don’t reward me with any dragonite ore. everything else in this game seems to do so.

despite so, the ratio between dragonite ore & empyreal/bloodstone is seriously off.

All while I have piles of empyreal & bloodstone dust stacking up, all while i have 50 stars and stones already crafted. I could have had 100+ stones & 100+ stars crafted if i converted all my stacks into them. Yet I only managed to craft 16 dragonite ingots throughout my entire playtime.

Is this some kind of item that is linked to the Lore of this game? If dragonite ore was really dragonite ore, wouldn’t only dragons be a resource to give them?

Why can’t you add a low amount of dragonite ore into the bags that reward bloodstone/empyreal? even at a lower rate it would nerf the current imbalance.

I know ascended is known to take some time. But i play this game for a good 1.5 years now and I only managed to craft 3 armor parts (requiring lesser vision crystal) & 2 weapons. I can easely buy/craft the remaining mats for my ascended set. but there’s really no point as i’ll be spending probably a 2/3 month get the remaining dragonite ore to get my vision crystals.

Please consider this, Anet.

Thanks for reading

in Crafting

Posted by: Zephyric Reaper.3049

Zephyric Reaper.3049

I have the exact same problem. Some people managed to snag a bunch of dragonite in an event in the past. And curretnly, the way to go is to famr it with alts accounts (so you can gear just one).
Zergs are mind-numbingdly boring and the routine of wait 5 minute, press 1 1 1 the next minute and repeat is not fun, at all. That aside, you only get a spare amount of dragonite.
People say you can treat this game as a more serious one and join a “train” that does all events on reset. However, it’s the same problem of zerging. I wouldn’t mind if dragonite would be most efficiently farmed in zergs but not being able to get any from other activities is flat out dumb. On top of that there’s no convertion of mats, trade or anything.

I’ve been trying to get dragonite myself but tabbing on the timer page every once in a while and cursing if I missed the big events or just tping to Orr to see if there’s a temple zerg around, it’s all not fun at all.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

I also have the same problem. I play mainly dungeons and fractals and I recently started to actively collect dragonite from temples thanks to event tracking websites.

Now that the megaserver rolled out I can’t do temples anymore, they are often uncontested, there’s no website to track them reliably and even if there was one you could end up in a different map where the event you were tracking isn’t active or the temple is free. What am I supposed to do now to get a reasonable amount of dragonite, camp a map for hours in the hope somebody fails to defend the temples and I can finally get the attack event?

Other bosses reward with just too few ore, like behemoth, wurm and friends so it’s not worth to hunt the events. It would take 100 of those bosses, assuming they will always drop the maximum amount of ore, to craft an ascended weapon. I do karka, shatterer and claw every day but it will take a lifetime to get enough ore, since the latter two award with a random quantity. For instance, today I got 15 and 16 ore from them, that equates to one temple.

I feel this a big problem, something should be done about it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nzrwinds.4298

Nzrwinds.4298

There’s no problem really, you just gotta do some pve instead of dungeons. my problem is trying to get ehmyreal fragments, I got so much dragonite ore because I do mostly open world events and zerg trains. If you need dragonite ore I recommend doing frostgorge zerge train or world bosses. Good luck

in Crafting

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

I’m in the same boat as him. I don’t do too much in the way of dungeons so my dragonite is plentiful and I’m starved for Emp frags. Best I’ve managed is chest/JP farming for 2 hours a day for 1 emp star >.>

The fact that Damask is still double the cost of Leather is enough evidence of the attention that goes into crafting.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

in Crafting

Lucky Shot.7650

Yes but Empyreal are farmable if you want to. Dragonite was, until the megaserver rolled out and now it’s impossible to farm. My problem is, even if I’m willing to do temples to get dragonite I simply can’t since megaserver rolled out.

in Crafting

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

not to worry my friends, you can farm dragonite ore in edge of the mists.

in Crafting

Lucky Shot.7650

How? From keep lords?

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Just take the time to do 1 event a day. It’ll net you 9 ingots in a month.

If anyone needs to complain it’s me(who have 25 gift of exploration) or those spvp players. We get much less rewards for the time spend.

in Crafting

Isaac.6041

How? From keep lords?

From the keep lord chests.

in Crafting

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I think the lower level World Bosses should drop a bit more Dragonite Ore to reduce to grind. Like, c’mon, the Jungle Wurm drops what…3 ore? I know he’s “easier” than the others (though not really since the higher level bosses are not hard at all), but I don’t think it justifies such a measly amount of Dragonite. Maybe allow us to convert karma into Ore? Having stacks of Bloodstone and Empyreal and having so little Dragonit is really bumming me out.

(edited by Justin.7163)

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Funny thing, i am still destroying dragonite ore (even if i’m not doing world bosses like i used to), while empyreals are something i never have enough. Perhaps, instead of rebalancing, some sort of conversion (at not too bad a rate – 250:2-5 is not sensible even if it’s the rate Anet really likes) could be introduced.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Isaac.6041

It would be great if the bloodstone, dragonite, and empyreals could be sold on the trading post because right now there is not much to do with them.

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It would be great if the bloodstone, dragonite, and empyreals could be sold on the trading post because right now there is not much to do with them.

If you dont’ have a use, you can just trash them. Or you can make ascended gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Park some alts in Iron Marches and kill the Fire Shaman on a daily basis.

He drops 15-25 Dragonite Ore and is NOT on the World Boss Schedule.

Even with the megaserver, I’m still killing him with only 2-10 other players.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Lucky Shot.7650

I solved my Dragonite farming problem. I got the closest waypoints to Shatterer, Claw, golem and karka queen with 3 alts, and I just farm those four bosses. I managed to craft 2 ingots in 2 days and I still have spare dragonite.

I suggest you guys to use this page: http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/

It has a nice sound alarm that warns you when one of your tracked events will start so you can hear it while you play normally, without the need to continuously alt+tab your game.