Dragonite ore

Dragonite ore

in Crafting

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

I was wondering why world bosses like megadestroyer, risen high wizard or foulboar chieftain isn’t dropping any dragonite ore at all. The level of difficulty is almost the same as other world bosses such as fire elemental or golem mark II so there is no reason why they shouldn’t be included in the drops.

It doesn’t really help when dragonite ore drops from grenth and balthazar or bosses like Eye of Zhaitan and Taidha Covington for the simple fact that they are rarely done. Although I know you guys don’t care much for it.

For those who are going say that the world bosses I meantioned above are rarely done. Well hey they are giving dragonite ore is awarded for the temples and world bosses i mentioned above, which are done less frequently in fact.

And don’t start saying its not meant to be farmed in a day. If it wasn’t there will be some kind of cap on how many can be farmed in a day.

Please anet do something about this. Pile of Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Shard can be farmed so easily. In fact I have farmed 500 of both these mats in a day but the dragonite ore is such a pain.

Dragonite ore

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Whoever was responsible for doing updates probably just forgot. Although it doesn’t really explain why these never got fixed. Like the Megadestroyer’s lack of a daily rare.

Dragonite ore

in Crafting

Posted by: blooddog.8342

blooddog.8342

I’m super kitten ed right now. Why should I keep playing this game?! In short I spent hundreds of hours trying to get a legendary weapon only to give up about half way cause it’s just too much… Then we get a new update and we are able to craft ascended weapons. Well I need 2 pistols so I thought why not it doesn’t seem that hard… So I spend close to 90 gold trying to get one only to find out you need a total of 2500 dragonite ores and 2500 empyreal fragments just to make 1 vision crystal… I’m just guessing, but from what I’ve gathered now just to get one crystal would take 300+ hours of farming… NPCs only drop like 25 max. You would have to do the same events over and over again for hundreds of hours to get that much… The funny thing is bloodstone dust drops constantly… This is so ridiculous I want my money back so I can go back to getting a legendary, which is just a pipe dream anyway cause that’s not going to happen… I’ll never find or afford a Precursor… Thanks a lot arena net… I just want end game gear for a reasonable cost, but if I spent the time to get it I would never want to play again because of an outrageous amount of monotony… BTW have always loved the game I have four 80’s with amazing builds that I’m super proud of! Just don’t have anything else worth doing…

Dragonite ore

in Crafting

Posted by: ArchAngelGabriel.4625

ArchAngelGabriel.4625

Blooddog: I believe you only need 500 of each to make 1 weapon. not 2500

Dragonite ore

in Crafting

blooddog.8342

Thats what i thought too but on wiki its says you need five of each so thats 2500… I’ll check again. Yep it says 5 http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_weapon

Dragonite ore

in Crafting

blooddog.8342

Ah those are totals so my mistake you need 100 for each and 5 total. So it is 500… Well I feel like sheepish… But my complaint still stands cause I only have like 25 over like 10 hours of play still seems out of reach.

Dragonite ore

in Crafting

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

You can get 100+ empyreal fragments a day in about an hour’s work just by doing jumping puzzles and the like. 20+ per day in Queensdale alone in about 15 minutes from the 7 chests in the open world there (and all of that is per level 80 character, so if you have multiples)…

Granted it depends on how much time you have to dedicate to this, but in reality the wood (and maybe the metal?) needed for the materials is a bigger hindrance than the shards unless you want to spend too much money on them.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Dragonite ore

in Crafting

Posted by: ArchAngelGabriel.4625

ArchAngelGabriel.4625

you also get 20 empy each dungeon path. 30 dragonite from each temple, 20 from each dragon, 10-35 from world boss chests, and i think 20ish from caping keeps in wvw. empy is the hardest to get if you’re not a dungeon fan, but all of the above is per toon per day, so it adds up fast. faster than you can make the daily wood and metals anyway.