Dreamer - no particle effects, no footsteps?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I crafted the Dreamer last week and while it does feel like a great accomplishment I was rather disappointed by the lack of visual effects.

I picked the bow because it was the only visible choice for an Asura. Most other weapons would have been indistinguishable due to their small size.

And while the rainbows are nice, the lack of coloured footsteps or any kind of particle effects surrounding the bow are really disappointing, especially considering how abundant they are on other Legendaries.

I do ask why was the Dreamer excluded from having these unique and identifiable weapon effects?

Who decided it was ok for most other weapons to have footsteps and particle effects but it wasn’t ok for the Dreamer?

Seems like an odd design decision…or maybe just oversight.

in Crafting

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Possibly the same person who decided that Quip be a clown gun with the worst sound effects known to man.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Crafting

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

Wiki: “In WvW, the tassels grow larger based on how many kills you have.”

One of the best ones IMO. Also it does have unique rainbow arrow trails and sound effect.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

probably because Bifrost is the Legendary with the rainbow footprints.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

@Dee Jay, some legendaries are missing effects, not only the Dreamer. They’ll be patching them sometime, keep your legendary and let’s hope that the effects come soon enough!

Gz on for the item!

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Crafting

Posted by: Vanecrox.5094

Vanecrox.5094

I crafted the Dreamer last week and while it does feel like a great accomplishment I was rather disappointed by the lack of visual effects.

I picked the bow because it was the only visible choice for an Asura. Most other weapons would have been indistinguishable due to their small size.

And while the rainbows are nice, the lack of coloured footsteps or any kind of particle effects surrounding the bow are really disappointing, especially considering how abundant they are on other Legendaries.

I do ask why was the Dreamer excluded from having these unique and identifiable weapon effects?

Who decided it was ok for most other weapons to have footsteps and particle effects but it wasn’t ok for the Dreamer?

Wait, wait, wait…

There are tons of pictures and videos out there of people showing off their Dreamer. You mean to tell me…that you set out to craft a legendary, and didn’t even bother to take the time to see what it looked like? I call BS to that. You knew what you were getting before you started this undertaking.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Wait, wait, wait…

There are tons of pictures and videos out there of people showing off their Dreamer. You mean to tell me…that you set out to craft a legendary, and didn’t even bother to take the time to see what it looked like? I call BS to that. You knew what you were getting before you started this undertaking.

Of course I knew what it was going to look like. It still doesn’t change the fact that it’s rather disappointing, all things considered. I had also hoped they might patch in the effects later since it still seems like an oversight.

I mean the Legendary staff has some very pretty and subtle rainbow particle effects that would suit the Dreamer very well. Footprints seem like a give too.

I really wouldn’t mind seeing some copypasta applied here.

in Crafting

Posted by: CRaCaR.9875

CRaCaR.9875

@Dee Jay, some legendaries are missing effects, not only the Dreamer. They’ll be patching them sometime, keep your legendary and let’s hope that the effects come soon enough!

Gz on for the item!

u sure abt the patching ??