Dusk and Dawn Greatswords?

in Crafting

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

Sup dear crafters, since every day i see a bunch of Dusk/Dawn of rage being placed on the trading post, i was wondering wich are the recipes for these two Greatswords :O, i did some research on reddit but didnt found any acccurate info regarding this matter =(

in Crafting

Posted by: Genoc.5473

Genoc.5473

There’re currently two known ways of obtaining these exotic weapons that can be converted later on to legendary items. First one is to put 4 rare or exotic weapons on the mystic forge (in dusk and dawn case greatswords) and hope for the best. Second one is to get it as a “drop” from event chests in 80 zones.

It’s also quite possible that there is a more viable way to get them, like making them in mystic forge with spesific ingredients, but as of now I haven’t heard that anyone found out about these.

So, you either try your luck, or get the needed gold to buy them from trading post.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sal.4672

Sal.4672

Is there no recipe? Surely there must be.

in Crafting

Genoc.5473

Is there no recipe? Surely there must be.

To my knowledge there is no recipe besides a possible recipe of materials to be used on mystic forge to accurately get the item. And like stated that is currently unknown even if it did exist.

This is also the reason why the “of rage” exotics sell for considerably higher gold amount than the similar other weapons that can be crafted.

in Crafting

Posted by: Talek.1905

Talek.1905

One of my guildmates loot Dusk from Veteran Scount on WvW, so it’s not only rare drop from event chest but overall rare world drop.

in Crafting

Genoc.5473

One of my guildmates loot Dusk from Veteran Scount on WvW, so it’s not only rare drop from event chest but overall rare world drop.

Good to know that it’s on those loot tables as well, rather than just the chests.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kraun.2961

Kraun.2961

I’d bet my firstborn that there is NO recipe for manufacturing them, that’d defeat the whole purpose of them being legendary, there needs to be an RNG factor in such weapons, otherwise everyone would be toting around with one within a month and they’d be just another common weapon amongst thounsands.

I’m quite sure the only way to get them (now and later on) is by pure luck at the forge or event chests in lv80 areas (and obviously random loot drop).

in Crafting

Posted by: crystal wolf.2349

crystal wolf.2349

My boyfriend and I happen to want the predecessor to a couple legendary weapons (Dawn and Legend of Rage, respectively), so he did a bunch of overnight research on Reddit and elsewhere trying to scrape the surface.

Right now, the two confirmed ways of getting them are from the Risen Avatar chests in Orr, or from combining four exotic weapons of the same type in the Mystic Forge (still a pretty slim chance of getting what you’re looking for, though).

in Crafting

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

What’s Risen Avatar chests? I’ve 100% the zone, are those the hidden chests around? I found two I think.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnolaCire.6047

EnolaCire.6047

That really annoying to farm a precursor for your type, it depend on personal luck, the cost for the "Dusk" was 800g++ now
If really the rate of drop increase by anet why the price increase insanely

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There are 3 ways of obtaining Dusk/Dawn.
First is as a drop – any place level 80 exotic weapons can drop, you can get a precursor. Chance of it happening is very, very small.
Second – from Mystic Forge. Combining 4 exotic weapons of average level 75 or better can result in a precursor. The higher the average level, the better the chances, but even with four level 80-s it’s still below 1%
(you can also use 4 rare weapons – in which case if the forge result gets upgraded to exotic – about 20% chance – you again have a small chance of getting precursor)
If you use 4 random weapons, the precursor will also be random. If you use 4 weapons of the same type (i.e. 4 greatswords), the end result will also be of the same type (greatsword).
Third, and most sure way of obtaining precursors is from TP. It offers the best (100%) chances of succeeding, and quite often is cheaper option than Forge crafting (especially if you are aiming at one of the less common legendaries).
Unless you are really lucky, of course.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Hello Necro….

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Hello Necro….

Yeah I thought the only necro who could yield a great sword was Trahearne…..

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Crafting

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Precursors are extremely rare weapons that can drop from any monster in the game, albeit at a very low chance.

Here’s more than I’m willing to paraphrase:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precursor_weapon

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Hello Necro….

Kitten, missed that one…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I got my dawn legendarily from a lv60 shark loot, it was looted by that paticular character i want HIM to weird sunrise also. So yes it could be loot from any mob.