Easy lvling up from 400 to 500

in Crafting

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Im just gonna give 1 tip discover mithrill wepons fine and masterwork (blue and green)
they both give around 4 to 5k craft xp and you can discover 8 wepons with 8 different infusions 7 if you leave out setteler whats expensive (just buy infusions on tp they like 3s each there atm) doing all these discoverys shood give ya around 50 crafting lvls atlast and before tath 400 to 415 you make with makeing tier 6 metal wood and from 450 to 470 you make tier 7 materials so basicly you can make from 400 to 500 without eny big gold lost oo and you also can disover all rare rescepies to get extra lvls makeing excotics is overrated.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Though you made this hard to read, I will test this when I’m home tonight for sure. It sounds like the greatest idea ever to someone who already wasted 150g getting weaponsmith and artificer up to 500.

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

in Crafting

Posted by: Jakzor.4160

Jakzor.4160

can someone clarify this statement please?? im really interested in this.

in Crafting

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Im just gonna give 1 tip discover mithrill wepons fine and masterwork (blue and green)
they both give around 4 to 5k craft xp and you can discover 8 wepons with 8 different infusions 7 if you leave out setteler whats expensive (just buy infusions on tp they like 3s each there atm) doing all these discoverys shood give ya around 50 crafting lvls atlast and before tath 400 to 415 you make with makeing tier 6 metal wood and from 450 to 470 you make tier 7 materials so basicly you can make from 400 to 500 without eny big gold lost oo and you also can disover all rare rescepies to get extra lvls makeing excotics is overrated.

I’m confused, is this talking about what to do from 470-500? That’s what I came out here looking for. If it is, can you provide a little more insight on the discoveries?

in Crafting

Posted by: matoxx.7023

matoxx.7023

He says:

400-415: refine materials (wood and ori)

415-450: discover blue/green mithril weapons (8 different weapons with 8 different infusions – no settler because its to expensive)

450-470: refine ascended mats

will give it a shot when I go online today.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wobbles.6408

Wobbles.6408

i am currently at 476, but those mats arrggggh, lots of farming needed. I never do fractals but for those shards i need to do them or is there any other way I can get a hold of them?

in Crafting

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I was under the impression that once at 400, only rare weapon discovery would add exp. I’ll give mithril weapons a try later.

in Crafting

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

i am currently at 476, but those mats arrggggh, lots of farming needed. I never do fractals but for those shards i need to do them or is there any other way I can get a hold of them?

Obsidian shards? You can buy those with karma at the temple of Balthazar. The third way is with laurels, from the laurel vendor ofc.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Obsidian shards? You can buy those with karma at the temple of Balthazar. The third way is with laurels, from the laurel vendor ofc.

I’m pretty sure he meant empyreal shards.

Also, since the real hard part is the 470-500, the OP’s “easy levelling” guide doesn’t help much.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Wobbles.6408

Wobbles.6408

Cool, i got about 100k karma left, I could buy plenty for the crafting, Cheers for the info.

Only problem now is getting the place uncontested. I gave up trying to get grps when i first reach 80 last month, Just farming CoF p1 &2 for the exotics

I Keep the laurels for the accended gear, maybe i should get round to do fractals

in Crafting

Posted by: CelebrityX.7014

CelebrityX.7014

He says:

400-415: refine materials (wood and ori)

415-450: discover blue/green mithril weapons (8 different weapons with 8 different infusions – no settler because its to expensive)

450-470: refine ascended mats

will give it a shot when I go online today.

I can confirm this is the way I leveled to 500 in weaponsmith. However you can refine wood and ori to about 425 easily. Then from 425 – 450 I discovered blue/green/yellow weapons. 450 – 470 refining the ascended as stated. 470 – 500 discovered about 8 exotic weapons.

Since I had most of the materials or could farm the lower tiers easily it only cost me about 6g to get from 400 – 500.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Yeah, i did the same and it works. You can also level from 400-425 with making rare inscriptions. I then used those inscriptions to discover rare weapons.
Keep in mind though, that mithril plated and imbued inscriptions are lvl 375, so discovering them, does give less exp than discovering lvl 400 recipes.

Also, the lvl 375 recipes didnt get reset, so if you discovered them before, you are out of luck.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

brace yourselves, the flippers are coming

in Crafting

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Cool, i got about 100k karma left, I could buy plenty for the crafting, Cheers for the info.

Only problem now is getting the place uncontested. I gave up trying to get grps when i first reach 80 last month, Just farming CoF p1 &2 for the exotics

I Keep the laurels for the accended gear, maybe i should get round to do fractals

You can always guest to a server that has the temple open:

http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Crafting

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Nice little bonus if you craft rares to help you level, you can salvage them for ectos.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No point in making mithril weapons if you’re at level 400+. Just refine tier 6 materials and make exotic weapon components for 400-425. Then craft 7-8 weapons to get to 450. Refine tier 7 components from 450-475 (I stopped at around 465ish). And then craft weapons until you hit the cap. When I say craft weapons, I’m referring to discovering them.

You can further reduce the gold spent on mats by farming them. You can normally get around 40 ori ore and ancient log per toon. I did this to max out everything. As the price drops it may eventually be more beneficial to farm by other means.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Crafting

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You can further reduce the gold spent on mats by farming them.

That sounds like “You can further reduce the gold spent on mats by getting more gold”.

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

You can further reduce the gold spent on mats by farming them.

That sounds like “You can further reduce the gold spent on mats by getting more gold”.

Almost but not quite.

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

No point in making mithril weapons if you’re at level 400+. Just refine tier 6 materials and make exotic weapon components for 400-425. Then craft 7-8 weapons to get to 450. Refine tier 7 components from 450-475 (I stopped at around 465ish). And then craft weapons until you hit the cap. When I say craft weapons, I’m referring to discovering them.

You can further reduce the gold spent on mats by farming them. You can normally get around 40 ori ore and ancient log per toon. I did this to max out everything. As the price drops it may eventually be more beneficial to farm by other means.

We all know by now how to craft to 500 by making exotics. The OP’s point is that discovering rare weapons still gives you xp and at a seemingly much cheaper cost. I don’t know where the balance lies between the cheaper mats and the fact that you have to craft more to get the same amount of xp, but as one other person pointed out, you can salvage them for ectos to recoup a good portion of the cost.

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Hmmm. I didn’t think they were supposed to give out EXP. I guess we’ll find out within the next couple of days whether that is true. Otherwise expect tier 5 materials for armor professions to go up.

in Crafting

Posted by: xanthic.9478

xanthic.9478

Rare and lower Item recipes are supposed to have a span of 40, meaning if you learned them at 375, you can still get xp up to 415. If they are still giving xp after 415 then something is not behaving correctly.

Edit: I can confirm that recipes learned at 350 and 375 are still giving xp at 437. I will wait a few days to see if it is intended behavior, if so I’ll add it to the site.

Always Current Crafting Guides: http://gw2crafts.net
Updated every 20 minutes based on current TP prices.

(edited by xanthic.9478)

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Rare and lower Item recipes are supposed to have a span of 40, meaning if you learned them at 375, you can still get xp up to 415. If they are still giving xp after 415 then something is not behaving correctly.

Do you have a source for that?

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

The CXP gained when crafting a recipe is based on the experience required for the next level, scaled by the type of recipe you are crafting and how far your current level is above the required level for the recipe:

xp_gain(N) = xp_req(N+1) * multiplier * (1.0 – (N – N_min) / span)

where N is the your crafting level, N_min is the minimum level required to craft the recipe, and multiplier and span depend on the type of item being crafted. If you are span levels above the recipe’s level, you receive no CXP for it.

Type / Multiplier / Span
Refinement / 0.3 / 25
Part / 0.6 / 25
Item / Food / 1.4 / 40
Exotic Weapon. / 1.85 / 250

All of this is from the wiki. The mithril tier has a range of 300-375. Crafting 375 items gives you 0 CXP at 415. Clearly something it broken when they raised the level cap. The span in the table is how many levels that you should be able to gain by just crafting that item. You see refining only gives you 25 levels which we all know so it’s safe to assume that crafting items should only give you 40.

**I can’t format correctly on my phone so that table is going to look horrible in my post.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

The CXP gained when crafting a recipe is based on the experience required for the next level, scaled by the type of recipe you are crafting and how far your current level is above the required level for the recipe:

where N is the your crafting level, N_min is the minimum level required to craft the recipe, and multiplier and span depend on the type of item being crafted. If you are span levels above the recipe’s level, you receive no CXP for it.

Type / Multiplier / Span
Refinement / 0.3 / 25
Part / 0.6 / 25
Item / Food / 1.4 / 40

All of this is from the wiki. The mithril tier has a range of 300-375. Crafting 375 items gives you 0 CXP at 415. Clearly something it broken when they raised the level cap. The span in the table is how many levels that you should be able to gain by just crafting that item. You see refining only gives you 25 levels which we all know so it’s safe to assume that crafting items should only give you 40.

**I can’t format correctly on my phone so that table is going to look horrible in my post.

To me it seems this formula applies to regular crafting from the crafting tab but not to discoveries.

in Crafting

cranked.3812

Type / Multiplier / Span
Refinement / 0.3 / 25
Part / 0.6 / 25
Item / Food / 1.4 / 40

To me it seems this formula applies to regular crafting from the crafting tab but not to discoveries.

Yeah that is true. You do NOT get CXP from crafting rare items past 400. You DO get CXP from discovering rare items past 400.

EDIT: I just tried this again on my guardian. He is at 443 in huntsman. I Discovered a Berserker short bow. I got +4137 CXP for the discovery. My guesstimate is it was about 1/4 of a crafting level.

(edited by cranked.3812)

in Crafting

Ayrilana.1396

Discoveries and crafting are the same thing. Discoveries just grant you bonus EXP. read the wiki. This is clearly not working as intended and needs to be patched.

Bonus experience is earned for the following actions:

• Discovering a recipe grants a bonus of 100-150%
  • Getting a critical success also grants bonus CXP.
  • Crafting a Masterwork insignia or item gives double expected xp( +100%). This is additive with Discovery (so +200%)
  • Crafting a Rare insignia or item gives +225% xp, or +325% for a discovery.
  • Crafting an Exotic does not have any bonus experience, so a discovery doubles the experience earned.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting

in Crafting

cranked.3812

No one is arguing whether it’s a bug or not. All I am saying is it works like I described right now.

in Crafting

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Sry for my bad explanation what I ment to say is tath all descoverys give xp (xp for theyr lvl) basicly if you are crafting lvl 499 and you discover lvl 70 crafting item you still get xp for discovring it its small beacose it lvl 70 and I recomended to discover all 375 items beacose they give fiarly big ammount for xp for discovering (you dont get xp for crafting it only for discovering) but If you discover all possible it will add up and you dont have to loose money on crafting excotics what is basicly 7g gold loss for 3 lvls.
my recomendation is to discover all rares , masterworks and fine items made with mithrill before going to discover excotics.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

I have always gotten discovery exp for low level items even when much higher level. Mainly noticed it when cooking, but pretty sure it applies to all crafts.