Elemental Damage on transmuted Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: boredumb.8612

boredumb.8612

I just made my first legendary, Frostfang, and it has an (Ice) elemental damage tagged on it. Since I think I remember the (Ice) designation is what gives the weapon some unique animations, does the elemental damage type carry over if I transmute the weapon with other stats?

in Crafting

Posted by: kozeljko.8201

kozeljko.8201

The tag you are talking about is the Superior Sigil of Ice, which the Frostfang comes with it. When you transmute you will keep the skin/effects, even after switching that ice sigil for something else.

in Crafting

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

The tag you are talking about is the Superior Sigil of Ice, which the Frostfang comes with it. When you transmute you will keep the skin/effects, even after switching that ice sigil for something else.

That’s not really what he means.

Some weapons (I only know of some legendaries and Fiery Dragon Blade) have an element assigned to their damage. Like frostfang in this case has 857-1048 (ice). This causes a death animation (electrocuted with Bolt, burning away with Incinerator etc) when you kill your enemy in the same way skills of the corresponding element do.

Only I also have no idea whether or not this carries over on transmuting…

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray