Empyreal Dragonite Drop Amount

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

How much of Empyreal Fragments and Dragonite Ore dig you get per drop?

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Crafting

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

I got 4 Empyreal Shards from a random chest in Orr.

30 Dragonite Ore for clearing a temple.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

20 Empryeal Shards for clearing Sorrow’s Embrace Path 1 and 3. (40 total)

(edited by Morsus.5106)

in Crafting

anzenketh.3759

Thanks. Glad to know I don’t have to do 500 of each to get this. Empyreal Shards need more info on.

Might start up a wiki research thread from this. I wonder if it is constant or RNG. Please keep them coming.

in Crafting

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

22 dragonite from Guild Challenge, 25 from Jormag.

11 empyreal from Guild Rush and 7 from Guild Puzzle. 5 from an LA jumping puzzle.

(edited by Konrad.9587)

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

20 dragonite for clearing Sorrow’s Embrace Path 1 and 3. (40 total)

o_O?
Dungeons should be giving Empyreal Fragments not Dragonite Ore …

Got the following Dragonite Ore
Fire Elemental – 3
Temple of Dwayna – 30
The Shatterer – 21 but someone else pinged a stack of 16 so not sure how the amount is determined.
Golem Mark II – 21
Megadestroyer – 0 -_-

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

in Crafting

anzenketh.3759

So far it looks like the rewards scale up with “Difficulty” and by difficulty I mean more the closer to 80 you go. Keep the results coming.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ash.5274

Ash.5274

Between 2 and 9 Empyreal Fragments from various jumping puzzles (low/mid-level zones)

9 Dragonite Ore from Shadow Behemoth.

These two ingredients are all that stand between me and my Ascended greatsword – I have everything else, or will have soon enough what with the once per day factor. So good to know Orr temples are probably my best bet for Dragonite; I’m going to have to do a heck of a lot of jumping puzzles for the 500 Empyreal though.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Fire Elemental – 3 dragonite repeat on same day

Hidden Garden JP – 0 Empyreal Fragment -_-
Spekk’s Lab – 9 Empyreal Fragments

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

in Crafting

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

24 empyreal fragments from fotm 20 maw bonus chest

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Crafting

Posted by: Dmzsfx.8103

Dmzsfx.8103

I’m going to have to do a heck of a lot of jumping puzzles for the 500 Empyreal though.

Do dungeon runs, just did CoF p1/2 and got 20 from the daily chest per path (40 total)
Looks like dungeons are Empyreal, so between that and the temples, I can see getting these mats very fast even if you do only a few temples or dungeons per day.

in Crafting

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

I completed dwayna twice (before and after a reset) and lyssa once, and got no dragonite ore… are those not included in the orr temple count, is it a bug, or was I just unlucky? The only dragonite I received was from the shatterer.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

I completed dwayna twice (before and after a reset) and lyssa once, and got no dragonite ore… are those not included in the orr temple count, is it a bug, or was I just unlucky? The only dragonite I received was from the shatterer.

Hmm a friend just ran into that as well with Lyssa. 3 of us were there but one person didn’t get the dragonite. Dwayna definitely gives it since I’ve gotten 90 from it so far(60 were on the same day using two different characters).

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

If you have multiple characters, the Maelstrom golem might be the best way to farm on a per hour basis as it spawns hourly and gives 20+ ores per kill.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

20 dragonite for clearing Sorrow’s Embrace Path 1 and 3. (40 total)

o_O?
Dungeons should be giving Empyreal Fragments not Dragonite Ore …

Lol, sorry typo >.< I was reading everyone talking about dragonite so I wrote that .

in Crafting

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

If you have multiple characters, the Maelstrom golem might be the best way to farm on a per hour basis as it spawns hourly and gives 20+ ores per kill.

But does that lockout per character/account?

I did the Golem twice one day, and the second time there was no chest at all. Maybe that was a bug, but I figured that I just wasn’t able to claim the chest again.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

I did the Golem twice one day, and the second time there was no chest at all. Maybe that was a bug, but I figured that I just wasn’t able to claim the chest again.

It is per characters. I’ve gotten them from fire elemental, jungle, wurm, golem and temple of dwayna on multiple characters on the same day. There does seem to be a bug(or maybe the dragonite just has a very high but not 100% drop rate like how you can get bag of wonderous goods or an trinket in dungeons) where you might not get the dragonite even if it is your first time doing it. Did the lyssa temple with a friend and she didn’t get any dragonite.

in Crafting

anzenketh.3759

It is per characters. I’ve gotten them from fire elemental, jungle, wurm, golem and temple of dwayna on multiple characters on the same day. There does seem to be a bug(or maybe the dragonite just has a very high but not 100% drop rate like how you can get bag of wonderous goods or an trinket in dungeons) where you might not get the dragonite even if it is your first time doing it. Did the lyssa temple with a friend and she didn’t get any dragonite.

If this is indeed the case that would solve the alt problem. It would not surprise me if this is by design.

Is the chest for world bosses once a day per character?

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

My experience -

All dungeon paths – 20 empyreal fragments per path – repeatable
Jumping puzzles that I’ve done – 3-5 empyreal fragments

World events -
Mega destroyer – 0 dragonite | 0 empyreal

Mega bosses
Tequatl – 17 to 21 dragonite
Shatterer – 17 to 21 dragonite
Claw of Jormag – 17 to 21 dragonite
Golem Mark II – 17 to 21 dragonite
Maw – 3 to 5 dragonite
Worm – 3 to 5 dragonite
Shadow Behemoth – 3 to 5 dragonite
Fire Elemental – 3 to 5 dragonite

All temples – 30 dragonite

As far as dragonite goes, I find it odd that it will be the thing holding most people back from getting their ascended weapons done quickly. I assume they intended people to do all the mega bosses and then jump into wvw daily?

Either way being able to get their chests only once a day is frustrating. Lets us at least get dragonites from them more than once a day.

I don’t get why they are so rare when the other materials are really pretty common. And coupled with the fact that most people are still waiting 5 to 10 days for their daily craft timers..

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Crafting

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

From storming the gates of Arah, I got…

…Nothing. Some bloodstone dust and a pile of greens from which my black lion salvage kits only gave me 3 ori.

Am I just the unluckiest adventurer in Tyria, or does the super-wizard with a legendary just not drop dragonite?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

(edited by Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981)

in Crafting

anzenketh.3759

…Nothing. Some bloodstone dust and a pile of greens from which my black lion salvage kits only gave me 3 ori.

Am I just the unluckiest adventurer in Tyria, or does the super-wizard with a legendary just not drop dragonite?

Dragonite comes from the event completion chests. The bosses don’t.

in Crafting

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Dragonite comes from the event completion chests. The bosses don’t.

Nah. The Arah gate opening event itself doesn’t give dragonite ores. It is separate from the temple events

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

If this is indeed the case that would solve the alt problem. It would not surprise me if this is by design.

The big chest that spawns is once per character per day. The one with the rare+ is once per account per day. The big chest is the one that contains the dragonite.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ash.5274

Ash.5274

As far as dragonite goes, I find it odd that it will be the thing holding most people back from getting their ascended weapons done quickly. I assume they intended people to do all the mega bosses and then jump into wvw daily?

Yeah, this has been my realization too. Had more than enough Bloodstone Dust after saving a whole bunch of invasion chests and opening them post-patch, finished off the Empyreal Star today after using my alts to tour the chests in PVE for fragments … but still need almost 300 Dragonite Ore.

But I guess I shouldn’t really be too worried, as I still need to craft 6 Deldrimor Steel ingots (3 each for a GS hilt and blade), and I can only craft one of those per day. So over the next 6 days, if I focus on the high-level world bosses and maybe a temple or two, I should have what I need for the last 3 Dragonite ingots.

(edited by Ash.5274)

in Crafting

anzenketh.3759

The big chest that spawns is once per character per day. The one with the rare+ is once per account per day. The big chest is the one that contains the dragonite.

The bonus chest is once per account dragonite does not spawn in it. The per character per day is the one that spawns in the world. I actually had other players confirm what this player is stating.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rex.8954

Rex.8954