in Crafting

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

Whats the best way to get these?

Empyreal Fragment and Dragonite Ingot

in Crafting

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I did chests in the open world, jump puzzles and world bosses. Using a bunch of alts I was done in two days.

Get one of the boss trackers going it helps alot.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

in Crafting

Posted by: Destroyer Bravo.5391

Destroyer Bravo.5391

Dungeons and jps drop empyreal frags easy, you’re probably full on bloodstone, and hopping world bosses with a guildie helps your dragonite problem.

in Crafting

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

yea I have piles of bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The dragons, golem, and temples each have a respectable amount of dragonite ore. I have found those to be the easiest and fastest places to acquire dragonite ore.

in Crafting

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

You can get ~20+ empyreal from a 7-chest loop in Queensdale per level 80 character. Beggars’ Burrow, Wolf den+Harpy nest in the Crossing/Vale WP areas, centaur camp by Godslost WP, Spiders+dead end (second room)+proper puzzle end in Demongrub pits.

Can do that relatively quickly and if you have several 80s it adds up.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Capping Camps and Towers in WvW gives a lot of Empyreal. Dragonites drop from Keeps in WvW, and World Boss chests.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Most of the strategies around obtaining Empyreal Fragments tends to revolve around “If you have a lot of alts”, which is kind of frustrating.

That said, the fastest way to get the fragements does appear to be either running dungeons, or doing open world chests. Also make sure you hit the LA jumping puzzles, as those tend to give 10+ fragements total as well.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Some of the double-jp combos are also relatively nice (if you are good at jumping). Morgan’s spiral and Dark Reverie give 6-9 Empyreal fragments each, with an additional 2-4 fragments chest at the bottom of the Reverie. If you are doing the Dredge Commander event in Dredgehaunt, don’t forget to go Tribulations Rift/Caverns, as they are relatively easy and fast.
Open world chests in Queensdale and Harathi are a good option as well.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Dungeons i find to be the fastest way. when you’ve done all the quick easy paths any given day, then go to JP’s or WvW.

Temples give 30 ores, while world bosses give up to 20 iirc. at least, that’s the max i’ve gotten so far on any given world boss. higher levels seem to yield more than lower levels. example, i got up to 19 for shatterer once and none for shadow behemoth once. of course, this is anecdotal evidence.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

And the dragons/temples give ore to each level 80 character every day.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Most of the strategies around obtaining Empyreal Fragments tends to revolve around “If you have a lot of alts”, which is kind of frustrating.

That said, the fastest way to get the fragements does appear to be either running dungeons, or doing open world chests. Also make sure you hit the LA jumping puzzles, as those tend to give 10+ fragements total as well.

Dungeons. The Empyreal Fragments are very easy to acquire in dungeons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Yeah…I’m not a fan of dungeons. Maybe I’ll step back into them with the new Group Finder thing, but I still doubt I’ll enjoy them much.

Also, easy doesn’t really seem like the right term. It’s 20 per path, and some of those paths can take quite a long period of time.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Yeah…I’m not a fan of dungeons. Maybe I’ll step back into them with the new Group Finder thing, but I still doubt I’ll enjoy them much.

Also, easy doesn’t really seem like the right term. It’s 20 per path, and some of those paths can take quite a long period of time.

Standard DR applies to them too. What that means is you can still farm a quick/easy path and keep getting the Shards. You just don’t want to be too quick and get less than the 20. A lot of people are doing CoF 1 then 2, then repeat. Any longer dungeon and you could probably just go right back to the same path.

in Crafting

Posted by: daimonos.9831

daimonos.9831

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_basic_chests

I added six of the eight Cursed Shore chests and three in Malchor’s Leap to my node runs for orichalcum and ancient wood. That’s 20-25 fragments per run. Makes a change from dungeons.

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Granted, I run this loop on multiple chars/day, but it’s about ~50-60 shards in 30 mins once you get proficient at it with speed-boosts.

Weyandt’s Revenge(6-9) → Professor Portmatt’s Lab(6-9) → Demongrub Pits(6-12) → Spelunker’s Delve(6-9) → Morgan’s Leap(3-9) → Dark Reverie(4-13) → Spekks’ Lab(6-9).

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Cof P1 farm. You only get the bonus chest once, but you get the fragments every time.

COF is BACK!!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_basic_chests

I added six of the eight Cursed Shore chests and three in Malchor’s Leap to my node runs for orichalcum and ancient wood. That’s 20-25 fragments per run. Makes a change from dungeons.

That only list 7 for CS. It seems to be missing the one next to the champion mage.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Hirathi Hinterlands has a pretty quick chest run as well. There’s 3 unguarded right around the Cloven Hoof Pass wp. Then you can hop over to hangman’s saddle for one, then ourobore caves, and lastly thunderock. It’s very quick to get all 6 chests.

in Crafting

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Southsun has a good loop as well if you’re willing to mix things up a bit with some gathering and events. I do a combined ancient/ori/blooming passiflora gather, reef drake extermination and chest run.

Port from LA —> easy jumping puzzle —> drop down and grab chest by the champ reef skelk —> kill drake broodmother event (another chest) —> grab the chest on the sunken ship guarded by the two vet sharks —> head up to karka hell and mine all of the ori/ancient wood in scoured plains/seashell hills —> wp to the camp next to skipping stones, do skipping stones, loot the two chests up there.

I’ll usually run it on an alt that I can leave at the top of skipping stones until the chests reset. Then log back on, grab the skipping stones chests —> WP to Owains and do the run backwards.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

Bloodstone: Got enough for a single weapon within a few hours of riding a champ farming train. Over two days of farming I had enough for 4 ascended weapons out of 350 champ bags (white and orange quality). About 20 bags should be enough for one weapon easily.

Dragonite: Got enough for one and a half ingots in a day on one character easily. The Orr Temples reward 30 per, and upper level bosses such as Golem MKII reward about 20. I’d suggest the GW2Stuff overlay, just be aware that it takes time to refresh the status of an event, so its best not to rely on an event to still be up while you are at another.

Empyreal: Got enough for 3 stars over a day by just running the most lucrative Jumping Puzzles + Queensdale chests on three lvl 80 characters, and then running almost every basic chest in the game with one character. (I really wanted to get one weapon out of the way and went solo, but dungeons would be much faster if you have a guild group)

in Crafting

Posted by: Rex.8954

Rex.8954