Essence of Luck - Recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I saw at the Wiki that there are recipes to convert lower quality essences of luck into higher quality essences.

But why would anyone want to do this?

Are there other recipes that use essences of luck? (Or maybe will there be some in the future?)

Maybe let us convert essences into karma… since karma got nerfed(and apparently the daily karma got nerfed because of these essences… if we could convert the players could decide what’s more important for them).

in Crafting

Posted by: xanthic.9478

xanthic.9478

Less clicking. They hopefully learned from Karma drips.

Always Current Crafting Guides: http://gw2crafts.net
Updated every 20 minutes based on current TP prices.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

To prevent carpel tunnel. I wish there were more things like this.

Please for the love of Dwayna put in a popup where i can type in the number I want to buy and right click open all option for stacks.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Luthan.5236

If there is no official post explaining this I doubt the made those recipes for us to only save some clicks…

There is still so much other stuff ingame where you need tons of clicks. (sPvP opening chests and salvaging is the worst)

Hoping for more recipes in the future that use these essences(maybe some temporary MF potions for a temporary buff to craft with artificer)

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Why would they allow Luck to be converted into Karma? There was so much Karma sources, that Anet had to reduce some.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: cyberjanet.3258

cyberjanet.3258

Recipes? Where are these recipes? I got my artificer above level 450 and there is still no sign of a recipe using Essence of Luck, not even the lowest level ones giving 10. Does it have to drop from somewhere? Do I have to do a level gazillion fractal or super-crappy jumping puzzle to get one as a reward? The Master Craftsman does not sell them, and they don’t appear in the list of recipes. There is no clue in the game. Sorry Anet, this is badly done, no matter how useful or useless the recipes are.

The crafting thing seems to be buggy anyway. My weaponsmith got no new recipes at level 450 at all. I had to restart the game to see them. But sometimes things I know I can make just don’t appear in the list anyway, and I have to restart.

Grump

in Crafting

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Recipes? Where are these recipes? I got my artificer above level 450 and there is still no sign of a recipe using Essence of Luck, not even the lowest level ones giving 10. Does it have to drop from somewhere? Do I have to do a level gazillion fractal or super-crappy jumping puzzle to get one as a reward? The Master Craftsman does not sell them, and they don’t appear in the list of recipes. There is no clue in the game. Sorry Anet, this is badly done, no matter how useful or useless the recipes are.

Your crafter automatically knows them, at least my level 400 artificer did.

If you filter on “Essence” or “Luck” then you should see them under refinement IIRC.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s in the lowest tier of refinement, so look at the bottom of that list.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I don’t understand why this should be restricted to artificers. I do have a lvl 400 artificer, but that is not my main character. Every profession should know how to convert them.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Crafting

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

I don’t understand why this should be restricted to artificers. I do have a lvl 400 artificer, but that is not my main character. Every profession should know how to convert them.

God-forsake the day we are to get 0 artificing on each and every one of our toonz just to transmute an ACCOUNT BOUND item! Humanity is at an end! Q.Q

in Crafting

Rouven.7409

God-forsake the day we are to get 0 artificing on each and every one of our toonz just to transmute an ACCOUNT BOUND item! Humanity is at an end! Q.Q

It’s simply unnecessary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Really? Every profession should know how to do the same thing? Kinda odd request. Almost like asking that your armorsmith can make food buffs cause you don’t want to spend the minute and a half of putting the food in you storage and than logging on to another character to use it.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Crafting

Rouven.7409

Really? Every profession should know how to do the same thing? Kinda odd request. Almost like asking that your armorsmith can make food buffs cause you don’t want to spend the minute and a half of putting the food in you storage and than logging on to another character to use it.

You are not “making” anything, you are only transforming the smaller into the larger item. All professions, except maybe chef, follow the same basic path and use the same ingredients for the most part, call it inscription or insignia.

That would almost be like saying only an armoursmith should be able to salvage armour and only a weaponsmith can salvage weapons.

Edit: It feels simply out of place for crafting to me in the first place.

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

You are not “making” anything, you are only transforming the smaller into the larger item. All professions, except maybe chef, follow the same basic path and use the same ingredients for the most part, call it inscription or insignia.

That would almost be like saying only an armoursmith should be able to salvage armour and only a weaponsmith can salvage weapons.

I agree with you Rouven it’s not like they put it in the mystic forge or something where everyone had access to it immediately.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Crafting

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

You don’t need a 400 artificer, it requires level 0. Maybe putting it in the Mystic forge would be a good idea though, the same “recipes” could be done there by anyone.

Personally, I would have preferred if they’d just added a “Use all” option to the right click menu for these and other similar items and not added any recipes at all (it would be nice to have an “Use all” for loot bags, for example, open all bags in the stack until you a) run out of bags or b) run out of space).

I understand what they’re doing of course: clicking to reveal the hidden goodies is nice to a point: clicking to open dozens of anything gets tedious.

in Crafting

Posted by: daimonos.9831

daimonos.9831

+1 for luck to karma conversion.

We’re getting luck now at the cost of karma. There is a 300% cap on magic find. Once a player has as much %MF as they want – or they have reached the cap – luck will be worthless unless it can be transformed into something useful. Such as karma.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’m also missing these recipes from my crafting… sorta. My artificer (level 463) has them (and all the ascended recipes), my weaponsmith (level 410) has them (and all the ascended recipes), but my huntsman (level 440) has nothing. no luck conversion, no ascended. it’s very puzzling. character level isn’t an issue – character with huntsman in 80 while character with weaponsmith is 42.

in Crafting

Luthan.5236

So anyone already found a useful idea why they put these recipes? Or do we still not have other crafting recipes that use higher quality essences? I just can’t believe it is only for “less clicking” – otherwise we would have this in other parts of the game too.

For example the new WXP consumables where the smallest(that drop a lot) only give 250 – you would need 20 for 1 rank. Would also make sense to let us upgrade these.

Also it would make sense if we really could gain anything from it… not only saving clicks(nobody needs it if you regularly use the essences you don’t have many clicks only a few every time you salvage).

Like some other recipes that use higher quality essences or WXP items.

Or a better conversion rate where you really gained more luck or WXP but had also to put other stuff(=which is worth some silver) into the recipe.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

So anyone already found a useful idea why they put these recipes? Or do we still not have other crafting recipes that use higher quality essences? I just can’t believe it is only for “less clicking” – otherwise we would have this in other parts of the game too.

For example the new WXP consumables where the smallest(that drop a lot) only give 250 – you would need 20 for 1 rank. Would also make sense to let us upgrade these.

Also it would make sense if we really could gain anything from it… not only saving clicks(nobody needs it if you regularly use the essences you don’t have many clicks only a few every time you salvage).

Like some other recipes that use higher quality essences or WXP items.

Or a better conversion rate where you really gained more luck or WXP but had also to put other stuff(=which is worth some silver) into the recipe.

It is just there for less clicking whats so hard to believe there?
And your example with the WXP consumables lacks a bit because they drop in way less quantities than EoL.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

I agree with you Rouven it’s not like they put it in the mystic forge or something where everyone had access to it immediately.

Upgrading Essences of Luck in the Mystic Forge would defeat the initial purpose of less clicking because the mf has no “Craft all” option.

in Crafting

Luthan.5236

It’s hard to believe because it is a stupid idea. Why would the want us to save a few clicks when we still have other stuff where we need to click a lot? Also why not just add luck automatically after you salvage(without giving essences)? Would be much easier and even save more clicks.

I mean really… a recipe just to save a few clicks lol.

Also where is the official response? I never read anything about it where a dev said that they wanted this only to save clicks.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

It’s hard to believe because it is a stupid idea. Why would the want us to save a few clicks when we still have other stuff where we need to click a lot? Also why not just add luck automatically after you salvage(without giving essences)? Would be much easier and even save more clicks.

I mean really… a recipe just to save a few clicks lol.

Also where is the official response? I never read anything about it where a dev said that they wanted this only to save clicks.

What do you need an official response for if its the only use for those recipes?
In my opinion its a very good and quality of life feature.
Awarding luck directly from salvages as you mentioned might have also worked, i give you that.

But by implementing it the way they did, they kept their option to add additional recipes for EoL in the future.

Personally, i expect them to add something like craftable mf boosters, once more accounts reach 300% mf or EoL being used to craft Magic Find Utility Infusions when ascended jewelcrafting goes live.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Luck was added fairly recently compared to other things that require a lot of clicking, and it’s a great QoL feature. With the karma nerf there are a lot less karma jugs to click, so that was somewhat sorted out. Really, the main “click-a-thon” that’s left is from champ bags, and I have to say, I don’t have any gripes with giving intensives to not champ farm.

And honestly be happy that it doesn’t cost more luck to promote to a higher tier. The fact that we can promote for “free” is amazing. I’d much rather use ~12, 200 luck essences instead of 250, 10 luck essences.

And I agree with Wanze that they may have a use by next year. A few people have already reached the 300 MF cap, so I assume they’ll be useful for something else eventually.

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I dunno, I’ve never seen somebody go ‘Look, inthe last 10 minutes hundreds thousands of tiny drops of wxp got into my inventory!’

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Maybe you have a small chance of upgrading to a Legendary Essence of luck from the forge which automatically grants 300% account magic find.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Maybe you have a small chance of upgrading to a Legendary Essence of luck from the forge which automatically grants 300% account magic find.

Only grants 500 Luck.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Luck_

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

less clicking and it did believe it did give you experience to around 420 so it was also a way to level past 400.

#ELEtism

in Crafting

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Maybe one day there will be a recipe that includes using the essence recipe. At the moment there’s none and it doesn’t get you to 420 either. It’s more for the lazy people that do not want to click 4000 blue essences at once

in Crafting

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

+1 for luck to karma conversion.

We’re getting luck now at the cost of karma. There is a 300% cap on magic find FROM LUCK. Once a player has as much %MF as they want – or they have reached the cap – luck will be worthless unless it can be transformed into something useful. Such as karma.

Let me fix that for you! Done!

Boosters and everything else adds to this. AP chests also add and do not count against the 300%. I had a thread explaining this. Why don’t you go look for it?

Anyways, there needs to be an alternate use for these such as making sigils of luck/runes of the pirate instead of using Doubloons?

((god kitten kittening forums kicking my log in out making me retype this.))

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.