Eternity - Please re-design it looks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ashless.5126

Ashless.5126

Nothin much to say other than Eternity current design is such a sad story. Lots of players agreed on this. Hoping it will get a re-design soon , the current design/looks on it is just a rip off as if was made by a last second decision. Hopefully all Eternity owner or would-be owner to keep commenting or bumping this post till the Anet design team noticed n takes action about it. Thank you.

in Crafting

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Eternity is the combined legendary, right? You knew how it would look like so why do you complain now?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Eternity is the combined legendary, right? You knew how it would look like so why do you complain now?

This response makes no sense, and reeks purely of spite. Why is he not allowed to state his opinion regarding what is by far the most expensive item in the game?

And he’s right, it is a ripoff. There is no added benefit to making this weapon, other than the “account medal” you get on your login screen. On combining sunrise and twilight, worth some 4500g, you lose the footprint effect, and you no longer get to choose which effect you prefer at that time; “day” and “night” will dictate how your weapon looks when you whip it out.

(In fact, it’s incredibly silly that neither sunrise nor twilight are even counted as legendaries, as making either of these weapons will not award you with the “legendary” account medal – only eternity will.)

And no, I don’t have eternity, and I don’t have sunrise or twilight either. In fact, I’m not even aiming to get either one. This doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion on it though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

What I don’t understand is that the model is just a copy of the two models. It doesn’t even look combined. The blade I can understand, since it would be a day/night thing, but the hilt? Come on, that’s just pure laziness on design. At least make it a combined hilt.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Crafting

Posted by: Gregorius.1024

Gregorius.1024

What I don’t understand is that the model is just a copy of the two models. It doesn’t even look combined. The blade I can understand, since it would be a day/night thing, but the hilt? Come on, that’s just pure laziness on design. At least make it a combined hilt.

I thought the hilt would be combined, given the icon’s is….

in Crafting

Posted by: Persepolis.6295

Persepolis.6295

I agree, Eternity deserves its own unique skin. The idea of combining Twilight and Sunrise makes it so epic. I think a new design for the sword would be awesome.

in Crafting

Posted by: Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Glad to see this is getting more attention. Hopefully something will be changed with it sometime soon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

(In fact, it’s incredibly silly that neither sunrise nor twilight are even counted as legendaries, as making either of these weapons will not award you with the “legendary” account medal – only eternity will.)

Wait what? Seriously? That has got to be both the dumbest, and most disappointing, thing I’ve seen all day. My fiancee will be crushed.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Wait what? Seriously? That has got to be both the dumbest, and most disappointing, thing I’ve seen all day. My fiancee will be crushed.

If he equips either it should still count under his unique legendary tab in his in game achievements.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

If he equips either it should still count under his unique legendary tab in his in game achievements.

Ah, very well. Thank you.

Also if you’ll forgive me going grammar kitten for a moment.

Fiancé = husband to be
Fiancée = wife to be

in Crafting

Posted by: Wooboost.8527

Wooboost.8527

Eternity ATM is a joke and the account medal is a bigger joke. Why greatswords get this extra epicness but yet epic fail at the same time idk

in Crafting

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

+1

Most expensive greatsword, most expensive weapon in gw2 but LESS epic than the “precursor” (sunrise and twilight) of eternity.

You should give eternity a unique look, but not less effects to come to this point.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ashless.5126

Ashless.5126

Yes. Easy , because Eternity current looks is like what i said up there hahahaha…the reason why i’m still keeping my Twilight and Sunrise separate. Unless Anet in the future enable my warrior to dual wield 2 greatswords at once..which is awesome for me to dual wield Twilight on one hand and Sunrise on another…but that is different topic/discussion.
Thank you for the views and replies so far..please spread information about this post to other players that want Eternity to be re-designed or have better skin…if we can show Anet how many players that supports and wants it…Anet might consider it to be done sooner. Thank you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I think they should make Twilight/Sunrise unlock the medal, and add the footsteps to Eternity.

in Crafting

Posted by: andeysmandey.1647

andeysmandey.1647

I like the looks of my Eternity, and the missing footprints makes it visible for others that it’s eternity and not twilight or sunrise.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

I like the looks of my Eternity, and the missing footprints makes it visible for others that it’s eternity and not twilight or sunrise.

True, but by that token, why not take it a step further and remove the blade as well? Just leave the hilt. Then it would truly be unique and magnificent, much like the Emperor’s new clothes.

in Crafting

Posted by: andeysmandey.1647

andeysmandey.1647

True, but by that token, why not take it a step further and remove the blade as well? Just leave the hilt. Then it would truly be unique and magnificent, much like the Emperor’s new clothes.

Understand what you’re trying to say.. But i can’t see them changing the weapon anytime soon, and if they change it, we’ll get footprints. (which still doesn’t make it epic enough)

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Quoting this for pure awesomeness.

in Crafting

Posted by: ZJXTREME.7203

ZJXTREME.7203

It doesn’t make sense if combining 2 legendary into one, it loses it’s foot step and aura. Not only it’s less attractive, it loses it’s “Majestic” / “Epic” status of being a DOUBLE legendary weapon.

Putting so much effort making Sunrise and Twilight, ended up having Eternity being a rip off of both GS skin.

Seems more like a Precursor skin to me rather than it being a super legend. >.<

in Crafting

Posted by: Omega.4950

Omega.4950

I agree with the OP. This is a combined Legendary. The amount of time and patience to get just one is monumental. They should change the skin to reflect the significance of the weapon.

Order Of The Mists [OOM]
http://mists.cadimus.net

in Crafting

Posted by: Zygil.1276

Zygil.1276

There really is no point in fusing Sunrise and Twilight at this time. That being said, I’m keeping my two swords separate unless they bring a design or effect overhaul for Eternity.

It’s more enjoyable to change between the two by choice than to let the time of day do it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

eternity should have a yin and yang feeling since its a combination of sunrise and twighlight

maybe like this: but the devs can be more creative

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Kirabo.2046

Kirabo.2046

I agree Eternity does need a do-over, a unique skin, a different shape blade or hilt, maybe iridescent glow about it like Jormags breath or Volcanus that glows in the dark, something that shows the effort the player has put into making it…

(edited by Kirabo.2046)

in Crafting

Posted by: nsk.5968

nsk.5968

I believe Eternity does need to be redesigned with additional unique features that motivate players to craft/combine them. Also, Twilight/Sunrise should count as legendary for the account medals like any other legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Where is Isaiah Cartwright when you need him

in Crafting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

eternity should have a yin and yang feeling since its a combination of sunrise and twighlight

maybe like this: but the devs can be more creative

I think if one side of the blade is sunrise, the other side twilight, will make a lot of people happy. As for the footprint, either a unique one or alternate between the two parent swords. I’m not a big fan of GS in this game but I think I will be impressed to see people with stuff like that.

Oceanic [LOD]

in Crafting

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

The footprints should probably alternate between the twilight/sunrise effects and the hilt should look similar to the opposing blade (twilight effect if it is day time) or something to make it feel epic, I am still going for my twilight and am stopping there unless something is changed up for eternity. :<

in Crafting

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Also, for everyone complaining that neither Sunrise or Twilight count for the Legendary badge on your front page; It’s a BUG. It’s not intentional.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Crafting

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Also, for everyone complaining that neither Sunrise or Twilight count for the Legendary badge on your front page; It’s a BUG. It’s not intentional.

Is this confirmed, because it actually makes sense to me. Sunrise and Twilight are the only legendaries that can become tradeable again (by crafting Eternity, I believe), so if Eternity was actually any good, you could buy Twilight and Sunrise, equip on to get the medal, then craft them to sell as Eternity, giving you a free account medal. This would then lead to loads of Eternities on the market, and Twilight and Sunrise being quite rare because they keep getting destroyed in pairs in the forge. That would then bring the prices of the three swords closer together to the point where you may as well just buy Eternity.

This is obviously much, much more complex, but I don’t think it is an obvious error.

in Crafting

Posted by: Moistwalrus.6329

Moistwalrus.6329

YES, it needs a change. It is not worth it at all to combine both swords. They could make eternity so much more incredible by giving it a “fused” kind of look. If there was a dimensional tear looking texture down the middle of the blade or even just the hilt it could look incredible.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cele.5467

Cele.5467

I’m aiming to get sunrise and eternity but the effects of Eternity are more like a nerf than an upgrade…

Im a photographer, Visit my website :D http://cele-cam.deviantart.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

If we’re talking about disappointing legendary designs, I’d like to bring up the awful floating bowstring Kudzu still has. Completely ruins the entire look of the bow both when it’s on your back and while you’re wielding it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Don’t forget the fact that the footsteps spawn a mini Kudzu under your feet and whenever you fire it the arrow looks like a mini Kudzu then runs into the actual projectile.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Eternity – please just refund the owners both of the other swords and focus any work on legendary items that are not greatswords because there are already 2 of them out there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

The Badge for twilight / Sunrise It was fixed in a patch during flame and frost.. i have my badge now.

in Crafting

Posted by: shoognite.2106

shoognite.2106

Just finished mine..now get a patch on it please

Jaquan “Shoognite” Jenkins
Urban Outreach Program Director, Goon Guilds, LLC.
Jjenkins@GoonGuildsLLC.com