Eternity: combining soulbound swords

in Crafting

Posted by: Revans.2018

Revans.2018

I have Twilight and I’m well on my way to getting Sunrise, but I’m worried about the soulbound legendaries. The legendaries are soulbound and I can’t even put them into the Mystic forge on another character. I have Twilight on one character and want to put Sunrise on another while I wait for Eternity to have all of its effects finished. The problem is, if Sunrise and Twilight are soulbound, how can I make Eternity? If you equip one of the legendaries are you forced to make Eternity on that character? Do we know if the legendaries are going to be account bound?

I’m trying to get a clear answer so that I don’t put Twilight on one character and Sunrise on another and not be able to make Eternity just because they’re soulbound.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You need to have Sunrise and Twilight on one character if they are soulbound.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

You need to have Sunrise and Twilight on one character if they are soulbound.

^ This. I have Eternity, and I’m also patiently waiting for the weapon’s effects to be completed. Your case highlights a reason why Legendaries should be account-bound-on-use, rather than soulbound-on-use. Another reason: except for either-hand weapons, how many people would actually go through the process of making multiple copies of one Legendary? For such a huge amount of work, they should be shared across all of your characters if desired.

in Crafting

Revans.2018

I don’t know who it was, maybe it was you? But the first person to make Eternity had Twilight on an Asura and put Eternity on a Norn, I would be interested to know how it was done.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

The only way that could be done is if his Asura also had Sunrise, forged Eternity, then gave Eternity to the Norn.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Or he didnt equip Sunrise and only used preview.

in Crafting

Revans.2018

Legendaries are soulbound on equip? I didn’t pay attention the first time lol.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Soulbound on equip, but I heared you cannot trade them out of your account anyway.

in Crafting

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

@Revans. You do realise to make eternity, its not another gift of mastery + fortune (was speculation by the community prior to pita making it). Its really simple and costs 5-10s (for 5 crystalline dust) and 1 sp (for 10 philospher stones). That means as soon as you make sunrise you can probably make eternity straight away.

in Crafting

Revans.2018

@Revans. You do realise to make eternity, its not another gift of mastery + fortune (was speculation by the community prior to pita making it). Its really simple and costs 5-10s (for 5 crystalline dust) and 1 sp (for 10 philospher stones). That means as soon as you make sunrise you can probably make eternity straight away.

Yes, but the issue is that the weapon Eternity isn’t finished. The footsteps and many of the trail animations aren’t there so I don’t want to combine them until it’s finished.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Last time I checked it was possible to put soulbound weapons and armor in your bank and move it to another character. Once its on the other character you can put it in the mystic forge even though it is soulbound to a different character. I last did that about a month ago, so its possible that they’ve changed it since then.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Last time I checked it was possible to put soulbound weapons and armor in your bank and move it to another character. Once its on the other character you can put it in the mystic forge even though it is soulbound to a different character. I last did that about a month ago, so its possible that they’ve changed it since then.

You can put soulbound items in the bank, but only the character to whom the item is soulbound can remove it from the bank.

in Crafting

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Just to mention, dont actually craft eternity, it gives no benefit except the name and you can just hold onto both of the skins without getting screwed over by the in game clock.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Crafting

Revans.2018

Just to mention, dont actually craft eternity, it gives no benefit except the name and you can just hold onto both of the skins without getting screwed over by the in game clock.

The big problem is that I don’t play my first character, a warrior, anymore and that warrior has Twilight. My new main can’t use Sunrise if you won’t be able to combine them since they will be soulbound to different characters. The only way I can get to use the legendaries on my new main is if I craft Eternity and bind it to that one, or just use Sunrise on it and never be able to make Eternity. And that would be terrible : (

in Crafting

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Anet need to fix the other Legendaries particles and stuff first before fixing Eternity seriously. Without Eternity’s footstep, it still better than most of the others Legendaries combine!