Eternity's appearance

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Kieron Lohengrin.9137

Kieron Lohengrin.9137

From original archived topic here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/What-Eternity-Should-Look-Like/first

Any news on getting this done?

Also, the appearance of Eternity (pommel + blade) and the footstep preference should be selectable anytime at-will, just like its ascended stats.

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Short answer: No

The linked post is made shortly after a revamp of all legendary weapons. Arenanet admitted by that they wheren’t sattisfied with how they looked, but they are sattisfied now. also any change on the look of existing legendary’s will mean that some people will like it and some people won’t like it.

Take for example the flamkissed. I personally never was a fan of human t3 armor but I love the renewed look. Others are angry cause Anet changed it.

the same will happen with this proposed change. People decided to get it (or are in an irreversable proces of getting it) based on how it looks in the current game. any change will make some (or even a lot) of those people unhappy. Given the amount of effort needed to craft it, it is not worth it to make changes.

So, If a new legendary’s are introduced and there will be again a tier2 legendary greatsword this look might have a chance, but in any other situation it will not happen.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Eternity is still has at least 3 bugs. Anet is just too lazy as always.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

To be fair they did add a very noticeable shiny gem on the pommel, a unique aura, and some massive new footprints. It definitely stands out from just having Sunrise/Twilight now.

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

What they added doesn’t equate to basically destroying a legendary to achieve it. I personally would much rather either have 2 chars each with a legendary GS or 1 char with the option to switch between a “darkside” or “lightside” GS at will. But to each their own.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Plus the transition from day to night is buggy, weapon doesnt leave any attack trails unlike sunrise and twilight.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Kieron Lohengrin.9137

Now that we’re getting the wardrobe, and all Eternity wielders are getting reusable Sunrise + Twilight skins with transmutation charges, any chance of Eternity’s blade being changed to reflect the skybox in the footsteps? Instead of cycling back and forth between day and night.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/6/67/EternityBackground.png

This would be ideal to give the item its own immediately distinct visual identity, instead of just the glowing pommel gem and footstep trail alone.

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

Eternity needs 3 things. (And one lil addition to do with the last thing)

1. Separate auras and footsteps for day and night. The current ones could obviously be for night andthe day time could have a Higher detailed blue aura with an altered version of the sunrise window for the footsteps (Or hell just move the daytime footstep window to the bottom left since you could pass that as day http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/6/67/EternityBackground.png). It looks like you’re holding sunrise with twilight effects which some people love and is just weird and breaks the consistency theme of the weapon for others. (My last thing will fix this mixed feeling)

2. Give back old effects like how you would throw your sunrise and twilight whenever you used Blade trail or mirror blade.

3. A dedicated special options window for eternity for people who want specific attributes to show. (Say you only want a specific Blade, aura or footsteps on all the time rather than it alternating automatically) And also an option to put the Footstep window of eternity I linked a while back into an option for the blade. It looks so pretty and its literally impossible to see the rest with purely footsteps and feels just wasted. I made a small diagram in paint to show how it would work.

http://imgur.com/5cOIO4x

I mean its a super legendary… treat it like one because it really doesn’t feel worth sacrificing TWO Legendaries (With changeable stats) into one with a little in the terms of change.

(edited by Hanako.1827)

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

[/quote]

3. A dedicated special options window for eternity for people who want specific attributes to show. (Say you only want a specific Blade, aura or footsteps on all the time rather than it alternating automatically) And also an option to put the Footstep window of eternity I linked a while back into an option for the blade. It looks so pretty and its literally impossible to see the rest with purely footsteps and feels just wasted. I made a small diagram in paint to show how it would work.

http://imgur.com/5cOIO4x

I mean its a super legendary… treat it like one because it really doesn’t feel worth sacrificing TWO Legendaries (With changeable stats) into one with a little in the terms of change.

[/quote]

Yes, I love this idea. It would be so nice if you had a darker character with eternity to keep the twilight skin and still have the shiny on top… :}….Do it !!! Please !! :}

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

^

That would just be over kill bud

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I think Eternity was actually a joke by Anet to see if anyone would actually destroy a legendary to basically get a new name, a glowing pommel, a slightly different footprint and a whole lot of bugs. Apparently people will.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Kieron Lohengrin.9137

Any word on the bug fixes and implementing the options listed above?

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

I think Eternity was actually a joke by Anet to see if anyone would actually destroy a legendary to basically get a new name, a glowing pommel, a slightly different footprint and a whole lot of bugs. Apparently people will.

You are joking right…slightly?? have you seen it, my brother just outplayed my twilight with those baddass footsteps

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Samuirai.4561

Samuirai.4561

Don’t get it why people are complaining. It’s the ultimate luxury show off item. It has cooler effects than the plain GS Legendaries. Those footsteps are massive and the glowing gem stands out of the crowd. I like it better than my old sunrise.
Eternity still has the more “Legendary” feeling to it, because not so many people have it. So it fulfils everything as a luxury item for me.

But not gonna lie, but this revamp idea looks awesome and I would love it. But I don’t complain about th current version either: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/102736/Eternity_Idea.jpg

Eternity's appearance

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

personally the legendarys on some of the weapon skills are not finished…..

take for example twilight on mesmer. it should in my optionion
1) change the color pallet on spacial surge to the window in to space effect(for the duration of the Chanel)
2) change mind stab so that the tip of the blade is a large tip of twilight.
3) change berserker so that he holds twilight instead of vision of the mists
4) change illusionary waves effect pallet in to the window in to space effect twilight has.

^ these are changes that can be done to improve twilight (or sunrise) without some people disliking the changes.
there are probably tons of other improvments based on legendary and class that legendary is equiped to.

in general all legendaries if equiped should change all of your weapon skills ,heal ,utility ,and elite skills should be altered in some way so that they match the legendary equiped. granted it would get confusing if you have 2 one-handed legendaries equipped. however that could be fixed by making the one that changes the majority of your skill effects effected by your main hand legendary equiped.