Excess Karma, suggestions?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I’m (slowly) building up toward a legendary (Bifrost), and I now have a lot of excess karma, since I bought my obsidian shards with Bauble Bubbles. So I wanted to see what the community thinks is a good way to spend the karma.

I see 2 main options.

Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes, to gamble for lodestones to sell. The downside here is that it can give me more obsidian shards which I don’t need. I suppose I could use excess shards with excess ectos here to potentially generate more T6 ingredients?

Use the karma to buy sunbeads to make beaded warstaff to mix with 3 lvl 80 rares to throw away into the mystic forge. (Or sell)

It’s possible I’ve overlooked something, so I’m interested in your opinions.

Thanks!

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Yestersay I spent 700k karma and got 1 lodestone, just saying.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Crafting

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Save it for your alts, you may want a legendary for another character some day. I doubt you’ll get many lodestones from Orrian Jewelry Boxes.

There is also some nice lvl 80 armors you can only get with Karma. I’ve used them to equip other characters.

The sun bead weapons are only lvl 60. I think it’s always better to sell vs. the mystic forge.

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Yep. Boxes are a joke.

The RNG is BS is GW2.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Crafting

Posted by: Darklimbo.1476

Darklimbo.1476

I use it to buy boxes. I have posted a guide on how to gain more boxes.
You just have to use karma boosts and your tries will be multiplied.

Unwanted karma is never wasted btw.You can only earn gold/lodestones and nothing to lose. If you have above 500k karma, with all the boosters active (banner,guild karma,bonfire/karma boost,) you ll get around 300k karma back. keep using karma potions you got and you ll be a happy little guy at the end.

(always gather all your karma, and karma potions before using potions, the drops change dramatically when you open many boxes at once instead one by one)

Important…..only unwanted karma is good to be used that way.All other ways i tried to use my karma on, failed big time compared to boxes.

The River Dragon has come

in Crafting

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

Dont waste karma in Orrian boxes. I use 500k on boxes and just get 2 lodestones.

1) Save for your alts.
2) Save 1M for another legendary, never know when ANET add a good one.
3) Another uses (boxes, forge, etc) are RNG involved and just sucks.

in Crafting

Darklimbo.1476

Watch the video and make your own conclusions (2.10 are all the lodestones i got and are far more than just 2 )

(edited by Darklimbo.1476)

in Crafting

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

If you’re looking for money, all the above posts shold have covered pretty much nay option.

The only other idea i’d have to spend some karma excess if for gearing up alts – but ofc that’s more a money saving, than a money producing.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

Buy any 4 pieces of temple karma armour and put it all into the Mystic Forge, then you get back 1 exotic piece of armour that you can sell or salvage.

in Crafting

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Buy picks and salvage kits. Your best bang for amount of karma. Basic salvage kit costs 77 karma vs 88c

Ori gathering tools are about the same, 350 karma vs 4s

1.2c per karma!

Use enough kits and 1 million karma becomes 120g

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Do not waste karma. Karma is ‘easy’ to accumulate but once you spend it, it’s going to take a long time to get it back (and you’re screwed when you need it and have none)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Gear up alts with full exotics…best use of karma IMO.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zellax.7821

Zellax.7821

the only way i know this can be done is by buying orian boxes with the char who has the Karma and then unloading the Karma on the alt you look to gear… cause im guessing Karma armor is soulbound….

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

the only way i know this can be done is by buying orian boxes with the char who has the Karma and then unloading the Karma on the alt you look to gear… cause im guessing Karma armor is soulbound….

I believe its account bound til you equip it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

Jugs of Karma are account bound. Purchased Karma gear is soul bound on acquire.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The exotic jewelry is account bound/soulbound on equip.

I’ve used my main karma guzzler character (necklace with kharmic infusion) to stuff my bank with exotic jewelry then equipped to other alts.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: alegs.5231

alegs.5231

I loaded 252k worth of karma to my alt for the temple exotics..
I spent a little over 1 million karma on Orrian Jewelry Boxes. I was able to open about 600 boxes, recycling the karma potions i got, with 50% karma boost, 5% boost from ice cream, 10% boos from guild banner and 15%boost from the guild boost.

I made 10 G selling the junk from those boxes,
got a total of 7 lodestones
1 Moltern
1 Glacial
3 Onyx
1 Charged
1 Destroyer
9 minis
1 Warm Potion
1 Charged Potion

and yess that was a lot clicks

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Yesterday I spent 1m karma on boxes and got about 6 lodestones, a worthless mini, an almost worthless potion, a few gold worth on unidentified objects, about 50 obsidian shards, and a return of 750k karma (with maximum karma boosts). If you use and spend the karma you get each time, you can get good stuff with enough karma boosts and some luck, but you have to do a lot of clicking.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Darklimbo.1476

Just made this video showing what i got from opening 810 orrian boxes.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You can always buy obsidian shards and try to fail at 10x clover making. A chance at a huge chunk of lodestones is always nice.