Expensive ascended crafting and nerfs

in Crafting

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

So i crafted an ascended sword because S/D on a thief was good. It required skill and really wasn’t too easy to play. With the last patch that build is not viable anymore and I am thinking about alternatives. But that’s not the point here. The point is, that once a certain weapon gets useless for a char you can’t use it on another char. You can’t salvage it, sell it or do anything at all. That kitten ascended sword costs a hell of a lot of time and is absolutly useless now.

Same problem will soon be with armor. This game gets more and more frustrating to play.

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

in Crafting

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Agree, you should be allowed to salvage ascended armor/weapons or make them account bound.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I get you may want to salvage it (and I support them adding that ability to the game), but I think you CAN transfer it to another character with the proper steps and transmutation items.

Also, the weapon is not absolutely useless….you just don’t want to run that build any longer since it’s not potentially as good.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

Maybe they can at least add an item to allow you to change the stats on it, even if this is a gem store item.

in Crafting

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

what content do you mostly play? Because in PvE S/P can perma blind everything except bosses and dredge. Its really quite useful.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Crafting

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Non stop nerfing of the meta is killing this game slowly and the pvp devs don’t realize it yet.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Have you tried transmuting the ascended stats to a white item? That usually returns the item to the account bound state. I’ve never done that with an ascended item though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Have you tried transmuting the ascended stats to a white item? That usually returns the item to the account bound state. I’ve never done that with an ascended item though.

If I recall, the soul bound/account bound is tied to the stats. So you’d have a shiny weapon with common level damage and stats. That method only works for transferring a skin from one character to another.