Flameseeker Prophecies Updated Graphics

in Crafting

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

I think its quite obvious that the people that have voiced against us in this thread are seeing this as a strictly pragmatic issue, where everything is based upon logic and principled views. Y u no buy another legendary? Y u caring about a shield in a game? This isn’t a pragmatic issue, it’s a massively multiplayer online roleplaing game. Its not supposed to be logical, no one would use hours in this game if it was all about logic. Pls go use ur logic on minecraft or chess, i think your superior mindpower would be better utilized there. Leave us alone with our illogical love for beautiful design and mesmerizing detals. You just dont get it, thats all.

As an engineer, I don’t need anymore slaps in the face for no reason thank you. I have a legendary and I love Flameseeker to death. However I never see it, but it doesn’t even matter because it doesn’t work with kits anyway.

in Crafting

Posted by: Forgeweld.8413

Forgeweld.8413

Previous legendaries have obviously set a ‘standard’. This ‘standard’ includes; footfalls, an aura and weapon/kill effects that stand apart from the skin itself. Most legendaries now tick this standard. There’s only a few legendaries missing it. Both The Minstrel and The Flameseeker Prophecies have none of these attributes I just named. This is what sets us far behind the other weapons on a legendary scale, I feel.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Exactly— just saying it looks “good enough” is just asking me to smash someone’s nostalgia glasses.

Just having the strongest link to Tyrian lore simply isn’t “good enough” any more, especially for those who simply does not care about the lore of the game. For those people, lore means absolutely nothing to them and will go for the legendary that simply looks like prettiest. Flameseeker desperately needs to be graphically on par with every other legendary out there so that it still remains competitively appealing in comparison to the other legendary weapons. That means including some sort of footfall, an aura, and special modifications that cosmetically change the effects of our skills.

With that said, I’d like to make some suggestions while we’re on topic.

The book is the most prominent feature of the shield so it should be greatly emphasized, so lets play with the concept of magic books for a bit:

• For footfalls, it would be nice to see some stray pages fall out in some way, and fizzle into ashes as they hit the ground.
  • For an aura, perhaps random pages could be flying around, orbiting around the wielder.
  • While running with a Swiftness boon, the pages on the shield could rapidly flip.

Skill wise—

• Generically speaking, any pages that burst out of orbit from the wielder’s aura would burn into ash in midair.
  • Shield of Absorption and Magnetic Shield : the orbiting torn pages could expand a bit to emphasize the effect of the aura. Furthermore, Magnetic Inversion could make the orbital of pages explode momentarily— more orbiting pages will respawn a few seconds later.
  • Shield Bash : a large burst of pages could appear upon successful impact.
  • Shield Stance and Gear Shield : small scraps of paper could be chipped away for each successful block.
  • Throw Shield and Shield of Judgment : the book itself could be seen as a projectile.

Modification of Engineering Kits—

• Grenade Barrage : exploding pages could appear upon impact.
  • Big Ol’ Bomb : a huge burst of pages could appear upon detonation.
  • The book portion of the legendary could also attach itself the Device Kits, while the Weapon Kits might adopt some of the intricate features of the shield like the ink bottle and glowing properties. For instance, the liquid contents of the Flamethrower and Elixir Gun backpacks could glow while in combat, then turn black like ink when exiting combat.

See— I just tossed this shield into the Pimp-My-Legendary machine. I’m not sure what made you guys think that this shield is “fine as it is”, but if you’re comparing to other legendary weapons, Flameseeker is definitely NOT fine. Again, using lore as your strongest reason simply does not count anymore.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Crafting

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I would really like a dev response. I know moderators check these. It would be really, really, really, nice to get a straight answer as to why it wasn’t changed, why they think the others needed to be changed over FSP, why it hasn’t been touched since release, why the other ones should be flashier than it, and what hope do we have in the future.

I don’t understand why it’s taken 1 year to even get legendaries on par with each other. It seems stupid to me that this wasn’t a larger priority. Mainly due to the fact that to players, it’s one of the largest priorities, especially one of the most time consuming. If players spend this much time on it, so should developers. If it takes several months of collecting, gathering, boring grinding, repetitive actions over and over again, etc then can’t developers actually reward us for these actions?

A few months into the game, sure. It was understandable that Minstrel and others didn’t have anything cool on them. We understood they had to ship it before it was fully finished. They have done a good job on fleshing the game out and turning it into what it is. At the same time, legendaries have been the main focus since the beginning, and yet despite that being the case, developers have shown little to no interest in changing these things.

When I heard they were getting updates, I was certain that the only one that hasn’t been touched since release would get touched. Guess not. I would really like answers, because my feelings for these issues are very real, due to the time I wasted obtaining them. That time was definitely real.

Made a poll about legendaries. It’s going to be interesting to see the results. Most of the people doing this poll are people from reddit.
http://poll.pollcode.com/prdak

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Crafting

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

“I would really like a dev response.”

I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. They purposely avoid thread like these, i.e. threads that clearly points out their shortcoming and to which they have absolute no persuasive comeback. The silence is a clear admittance of flaws. Let’s just hope they get a hit on the head by a meteor or something and start get things right.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

If you decided to make FSP before the update then you were obviously satisfied with the skin. I’ve had FSP since January and I can say that it is already an epic shield.

Attachments:

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

(edited by Vol.5241)

in Crafting

Posted by: Criminon.8432

Criminon.8432

Bumping because I’m still very very very angry about this.

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

If you decided to make FSP before the update then you were obviously satisfied with the skin. I’ve had FSP since January and I can say that it is already an epic shield.

I was satisfied at the time … things have changed. Preferences change. When one thing changes, then everything that seems remotely related should change along with it. When something gets left behind, many things associated usually doesn’t sit well.

It’s kind of like an old piece of work that satisfied your tastes back then. I could say five years ago I was a big fan of J-Pop music … today, I rarely ever listen to J-Pop music.

Back to the scope of this game— I cycle through four different armor sets. Sure they have the same stats on them, but if I’m not satisfied with that set, I piece together another set and wear it.

Don’t make me spew examples because it would go way beyond the scope of this thread.

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. They purposely avoid thread like these, i.e. threads that clearly points out their shortcoming and to which they have absolute no persuasive comeback. The silence is a clear admittance of flaws. Let’s just hope they get a hit on the head by a meteor or something and start get things right.

Then we make them notice! ArenaNet has many forms of social networking. If all else fails, there’s always the extreme (hopefully, still-civilized) method of getting the message across.

At this rate, I might as well mail ArenaNet a cardboard look-a-like of FSP to go along with the potato sack from a different issue all together. Saves me the postage. What would that accomplish? Well, if it doesn’t get improved, then at least I have the satisfaction that I actually decided to put forward my actions instead of leaving my words empty; unlike 99% (exaggerated) of the people who say they’ll press legal charges for bad customer service, but never actually do.

in Crafting

Criminon.8432

Then we make them notice! ArenaNet has many forms of social networking. If all else fails, there’s always the extreme (hopefully, still-civilized) method of getting the message across.

At this rate, I might as well mail ArenaNet a cardboard look-a-like of FSP to go along with the potato sack from a different issue all together. Saves me the postage. What would that accomplish? Well, if it doesn’t get improved, then at least I have the satisfaction that I actually decided to put forward my actions instead of leaving my words empty; unlike 99% (exaggerated) of the people who say they’ll press legal charges for bad customer service, but never actually do.

I actually found the girl that did the interview about ascended weapons and messaged her on facebook. She still hasn’t responded.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I also think is weird that it didn’t get updated due it lacking fx other legendaries have.

I’m sorry but I don’t think anyone cares.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Crafting

Criminon.8432

I also think is weird that it didn’t get updated due it lacking fx other legendaries have.

hahahaha, that’s fine if it’s an epic shield and all. But I forged a legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Alone.2398

Alone.2398

i’m not here just for telling my comment , im here because i’m so angry
last night i was in arah (with my guardian + fsp) and one of my teammates told me :
oh nice skin , did you get that form SAB ? that shield is look like nice , isn’t ?
at that moment i had nothing to say , what should i say ?
oh dear , what the … is that ? that was so interesting because he/she had 6k ap !
people don’t know fsp because no one wants to equip that …
well as you can see fsp is going to forgetting and i don’t know why we are talking about this and if you attention seems after 11 days we still have no any notice from Anet !!?

in Crafting

Vol.5241

and no one really cares that you don’t like the supply or prices of precursors, so I guess that makes us even?

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Vol.5241

I was satisfied at the time … things have changed. Preferences change. When one thing changes, then everything that seems remotely related should change along with it. When something gets left behind, many things associated usually doesn’t sit well.

It’s kind of like an old piece of work that satisfied your tastes back then. I could say five years ago I was a big fan of J-Pop music … today, I rarely ever listen to J-Pop music.

Back to the scope of this game— I cycle through four different armor sets. Sure they have the same stats on them, but if I’m not satisfied with that set, I piece together another set and wear it.

Don’t make me spew examples because it would go way beyond the scope of this thread.

A more appropriate analogy is buying the 2014 Porsche today with state of the art features ABC. You bought it because you were satisfied. And then a year later you see the 2015 Porsche come out with even better features DEF and you are suddenly kitten ed off that you don’t have them. And you demand a free upgrade when it should not be expected.

sorry, I had to ;3

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Posted by: Ludo.5201

Ludo.5201

A more appropriate analogy is buying the 2014 Porsche today with state of the art features ABC. You bought it because you were satisfied. And then a year later you see the 2015 Porsche come out with even better features DEF and you are suddenly kitten ed off that you don’t have them. And you demand a free upgrade when it should not be expected.

sorry, I had to ;3

Ehm, i think your analogy is lacking as well. Cars and other physical things don’t translate properly when we are talking about digital assets. The proper way to parallel this is to compare it to you buying/investing time into one of say 10 different digital products from the same maker that are advertised as being equally good. The product you chose is at that time equal to the other products. Then 6 months later the maker of all said products announces that these will be updated. You naturally think this includes the one you chose to. No, your product is the only one that is no longer equal to the others. This is not ok imo.
In your Porche analogy you are the owner of a physical product that cant be “updated”.

sry, had to because you are hurting our case by Reductio ad absurdum.

PS. edited to say that i am going to continue to bump this. A-net owes this subject attention and us players an explanation.

(edited by Ludo.5201)

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

Exactly-- Ludo makes it clear that physical products are a very bad analogy when it comes to comparing to this situation; whereas digital goods could constantly become upgraded through various means.

In the case of your Porsche, I can’t simply download a new firmware for the car’s ECU and it magically turns into a better Porsche with more horsepower, better handling, and faster launch speeds.* It simply doesn’t work that way. I could _buy_ aftermarket parts to make it a faster car (usually at the risk of failing my yearly emissions inspection), but that’s not the same thing as anticipating a free digital update for existing products.

* = Actually, I probably could but that’s usually an aftermarket thing, which is probably not covered by Porsche’s warranty policies. Of course, if we’re going to drag on the subject of tweaking the performance of cars, I think there are other forums that specifically discuss that subject.

Anyway, by buying any physical object, I understand that the product is as advertised, and is subject to becoming less efficient (or even obsolete) when newer, physical, more advanced products are produced. For instance, a car, a computer, and assorted pieces of hardware.

A digital product, however, can change, transform, and evolve over time. In terms of GW2, the GW2 we’re playing now surely doesn’t feel like the same GW2 that was released over a year ago. With the inclusion of Living Story, Fractals, Ascended Gear, and other features, players’ preferences may have changed over time. Some may have left for other games due to certain things they don’t agree with that Anet has added into GW2, such as the perceived "treadmill" from Ascended Gear (which is a totally different topic altogether) or the "collapsing of the community" with the inclusion of the LFG Tool next week (which is also another different debate altogether).

I’d say the best analogies would be pieces of artwork since everyone has different tastes of art with preferences that constantly change over time. I know back in my college days, I was hardcore into J-Pop, anime, foreign Asian films, and cosplaying. I was like the weabooist of weaboos. Today, I might enjoy a good foreign film or a well-made costume, but I don’t watch as much anime or listen to as much J-Pop as I used to. If I were to go back and listen to the same stuff I used to listen to, I’d look at my past self and say, "Holy crap! I can’t believe I actually tolerated listening to this stuff back in the day."

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

in Crafting

Vol.5241

If you decided to make FSP before the update then you were obviously satisfied with the skin. I’ve had FSP since January and I can say thakittenis already an epic shield.

sorry, I had to ;3

Ehm, i think your analogy is lacking as well. Cars and other physical things don’t translate properly when we are talking about digital assets. The proper way to parallel this is to compare it to you buying/investing time into one of say 10 different digital products from the same maker that are advertised as being equally good. The product you chose is at that time equal to the other products. Then 6 months later the maker of all said products announces that these will be updated. You naturally think this includes the one you chose to. No, your product is the only one that is no longer equal to the others. This is not ok imo.
In your Porche analogy you are the owner of a physical product that cant be “updated”.

PS. edited to say that i am going to continue to bump this. A-net owes this subject attention and us players an explanation.

Fine, you want to talk about digital products?

How about when it comes to software that gets released in one year and a new version comes around? You don’t get free upgrades.

You don’t get a free upgrade from Word 2007 to Word 2010. Nor do you get a free upgrade from Cubase 6 to Cubase 7.

You committed to purchasing an item that time because you were enticed by it’s current features.

And now that there is a no version, you think it’s fair to go to the company and demand your version gets free upgrades as well? Well at what point does this stop? What if I had Cubase 1. Could I demand upgrades each time they had new editions, all the way to Cubase 7? It’s unfeasible.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

How about when it comes to software that gets released in one year and a new version comes around? You don’t get free upgrades.

You don’t get a free upgrade from Word 2007 to Word 2010. Nor do you get a free upgrade from Cubase 6 to Cubase 7.

You committed to purchasing an item that time because you were enticed by it’s current features.

And now that there is a no version, you think it’s fair to go to the company and demand your version gets free upgrades as well? Well at what point does this stop? What if I had Cubase 1. Could I demand upgrades each time they had new editions, all the way to Cubase 7? It’s unfeasible.

That would be more like going from GW1 to GW2 for free, which unless there’s a very big sale going on, that probably wouldn’t happen. Likewise, I don’t expect to get GW3 for free ten or so years later. However, going from GW2 to GW2.5 could be a free update. If I know most software, usually incremental decimal updates are generally free or low-cost, while a full-version upgrade usually requires you to pony-up.

But that’s a broadly different analogy. I think you’re just exaggerating in a desperate attempt to get a point across. What you’re talking about is a “major software upgrade” which is to be expected for end-users to pay for upgrades whereas “minor update patches” (in GW2’s case, Living Story Releases) are generally free. Updates to most of the legendaries are free, so if I have to pay Anet (or anyone for that matter) to upgrade the look of FSP, someone’s going to have a mouthful of angst and rage.

With that said, if equally-valued (as in rarity, not market value) Legendary items, get upgraded, I should expect all items within that classification to get some form of cosmetic upgrade. Leaving one out of the current refresh could make users of said item feel somewhat left out. Especially when the cosmetic upgrade to other legendaries are free.

This is the purpose of this thread— FSP didn’t get upgraded to the same specifications of most of the current legendary weapons. Therefore creating aggravated players. Some players would just simply leave the game. Others who feel very very passionate about their progress would demand answers, post petitions, rally others who share similar views, and go to the very extreme to set things straight.

If I were to speculate with my handy dandy tinfoil hat, I’d say that the artist who designed the Flameseeker Prophecies shield must be a very defensive person in an artistic sense. He/she probably said, “you touch my shield and I’m quitting my job!” and that person is probably much higher up in the corporate chain. This is probably a person that doesn’t appreciate artistic derivatives very well, even those made from his/her fellow co-workers. If that’s the case, then I’d have to say that he/she shouldn’t be part of a company that can and will take their own artwork and transform it into a different style to fit the atmosphere of the game. I hate to see this person’s face if Anet decides to make 8-bit derivatives of their current legendary weapons to be available to those who religiously play the SAB component of the game.

in Crafting

Ludo.5201

If you decided to make FSP before the update then you were obviously satisfied with the skin. I’ve had FSP since January and I can say thakittenis already an epic shield.

sorry, I had to ;3

You are really not getting it, your whole argumentation bears a tone of crude defensiveness. This is not about analogies, its about (like soooo many have explained in this thread, read up pls) the legendary status being raised for all other legendary weapons, but two, the FSB and the minstrel.

in Crafting

Gasoline.2570

That would be more like going from GW1 to GW2 for free, which unless there’s a very big sale going on, that probably wouldn’t happen. Likewise, I don’t expect to get GW3 for free ten or so years later. However, going from GW2 to GW2.5 could be a free update. If I know most software, usually incremental decimal updates are generally free or low-cost, while a full-version upgrade usually requires you to pony-up.

But that’s a broadly different analogy. I think you’re just exaggerating in a desperate attempt to get a point across. What you’re talking about is a “major software upgrade” which is to be expected for end-users to pay for upgrades whereas “minor update patches” (in GW2’s case, Living Story Releases) are generally free. Updates to most of the legendaries are free, so if I have to pay Anet (or anyone for that matter) to upgrade the look of FSP, someone’s going to have a mouthful of angst and rage.

With that said, if equally-valued (as in rarity, not market value) Legendary items, get upgraded, I should expect all items within that classification to get some form of cosmetic upgrade. Leaving one out of the current refresh could make users of said item feel somewhat left out. Especially when the cosmetic upgrade to other legendaries are free.

This is the purpose of this thread— FSP didn’t get upgraded to the same specifications of most of the current legendary weapons. Therefore creating aggravated players. Some players would just simply leave the game. Others who feel very very passionate about their progress would demand answers, post petitions, rally others who share similar views, and go to the very extreme to set things straight.

If I were to speculate with my handy dandy tinfoil hat, I’d say that the artist who designed the Flameseeker Prophecies shield must be a very defensive person in an artistic sense. He/she probably said, “you touch my shield and I’m quitting my job!” and that person is probably much higher up in the corporate chain. This is probably a person that doesn’t appreciate artistic derivatives very well, even those made from his/her fellow co-workers. If that’s the case, then I’d have to say that he/she shouldn’t be part of a company that can and will take their own artwork and transform it into a different style to fit the atmosphere of the game. I hate to see this person’s face if Anet decides to make 8-bit derivatives of their current legendary weapons to be available to those who religiously play the SAB component of the game.

The concept artist who designed fsp hasnt worked for anet in a long time.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

Weeeelllll …

In that case, I would have to believe there’s some sort of “With All Due Respect” Clause involved somewhere. Could be some sort of artistic terms and conditions that prevent modifications to said shield for X amount of years. Breaking the contract could mean the artist could press charges.

But that’s assuming this artist only designed FSP as far as Legendary weapons go.

I highly doubt that though. If anything, I’d imagine this artist has designed other Legendaries as well. Regardless, in most cases, art produced for the company (in this case, ArenaNet) usually becomes full property of the company; therefore, they can do whatever the fudge they want with it, hopefully within good taste and they still credit you in some way shape or form for it.

in Crafting

Vol.5241

That’s your subjective opinion vs the art team. In the update preview with Lindsey she said that they sat with the art team and reviewed all legendaries, and decided that some were already up to par with legendary status while some were not. And they updated those that were not.

And I agree that FSP is up to par. It has a very bright shine to it (similar to cobalt), with a haze surrounding the edges of the shield. AND it has pages turning when unsheathed.

What more do you want? white footfalls? Oh how about a book trailing as an additional footfall? How about a reflective skin just like juggernaut? Maybe graphical effects when you attack?

I’d like that too but we can go on and on and pimp out this one legendary to the point that Sunrise and Twilight holders reek of jealousy. Be reasonable here.

Seriously, I did not hear many complaints about FSP before the update. The only complain I know of is the annoying effect of guardian’s aegis on blocking the pages.

But hey, it’s all subjective, so we’ll just keep going in circles.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

I disagree that it’s not up to par. So there’s my opinion.

We can keep going in circles and keep bumping the thread with repeated circles and so on … but at the end of the day, it all boils down to this: You have an opinion. I have an opinion. We all have opinions. Conflicting opinions generally drive a conversation; but most of the time, you and me end up as grumps in the end. Are you going to seriously waste your time trying to dissuade the people in this thread that FSP is “fine” and “up to par”? Really, what you’re fighting against is a bunch of people who are very annoyed yet passionate who demand a bit more so that they feel to be on par with other legendary holders.

This thread was created because someone disagreed with ArenaNet’s art team and wants to start a revolution. I and a few others happen to share this guy’s opinion and demand the same treatment to be placed on my legendary of choice. Other legendary holders don’t have to pay for their upgrades and we shouldn’t either— that means your paid upgrade analogy post doesn’t make sense nor does the one about new car models every year.

Personally, I can’t be “reasonable” anymore. I try to be reasonable back when things were still new, but when I’ve felt like being left behind for way too long, I get a little extreme with things. I get that my requests could sound “demanding” but they are usually categorically within their bounds in comparison to other things like it. In my head, I place everything in a spreadsheet that mentions common characteristics along with unique effects and since FSP is missing some of the characteristics that are common with other legendaries, I could say that statistically speaking, FSP is not on par. Artistically speaking? I guess that’s a bit trickier to gauge.

I guess playing as an Engineer does add to my grumpiness as well since most of us feel like we’re a bit lacking while still too stubborn to reroll into something else. At least Engineers have decided to plot a large-scale revolution. FSP users could do the same … it’s just a matter of gathering enough of those users to make a dent in the art team’s decisions.

Personally, I’m just going to mail ArenaNet a cardboard look-a-like of FSP along with a long letter about it. What would that accomplish? Beats me, but at least I’d feel proud about it.

in Crafting

Gasoline.2570

Weeeelllll …

In that case, I would have to believe there’s some sort of “With All Due Respect” Clause involved somewhere. Could be some sort of artistic terms and conditions that prevent modifications to said shield for X amount of years. Breaking the contract could mean the artist could press charges.

But that’s assuming this artist only designed FSP as far as Legendary weapons go.

I highly doubt that though. If anything, I’d imagine this artist has designed other Legendaries as well. Regardless, in most cases, art produced for the company (in this case, ArenaNet) usually becomes full property of the company; therefore, they can do whatever the fudge they want with it, hopefully within good taste and they still credit you in some way shape or form for it.

http://www.kekaiart.com/guild-wars-2.html Here’s the gallery, he seemed to have designed most of them.

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

Interesting--

And yet he doesn’t work for ArenaNet anymore.

I guess that rules out some of those theories I had ... but hey! It was fun thinking about it.

Still-- I will be working on my cardboard look-a-like while making a fool* of myself on YouTube.

* = Yes, I call myself a fool so that others don’t have to.

in Crafting

Gasoline.2570

Yeah I think anet owns all rights to them so they can do whatever lol. So no reason not to update FSP.

in Crafting

Ludo.5201

Fine, you want to talk about digital products?_

That’s your subjective opinion vs the art team. In the update preview with Lindsey she said that they sat with the art team and reviewed all legendaries, and decided that some were already up to par with legendary status while some were not. And they updated those that were not.

And I agree that FSP is up to par. It has a very bright shine to it (similar to cobalt), with a haze surrounding the edges of the shield. AND it has pages turning when unsheathed.

What more do you want? white footfalls? Oh how about a book trailing as an additional footfall? How about a reflective skin just like juggernaut? Maybe graphical effects when you attack?

I’d like that too but we can go on and on and pimp out this one legendary to the point that Sunrise and Twilight holders reek of jealousy. Be reasonable here.

Seriously, I did not hear many complaints about FSP before the update. The only complain I know of is the annoying effect of guardian’s aegis on blocking the pages.

But hey, it’s all subjective, so we’ll just keep going in circles.

You are constantly enduldging in methods to riddicule what people in this thread are saying. I hope youre not just involving yourself out of some pathologic need to debate everything you hear. If so im sorry you are not able to find anything better to do. No one have ever said that we demand footfalls, or the reflective effects from juggernaught. Would you please just listen? In our opinion something is lacking in the FSP’s ledgendary appearance, at least when out of combat. As ive earlier posted its just about something small, maybee something like a subtile pulsing glow around the shield or maybee the character.
Now Vol, we have heard your opinons on this, you obviously think the FSP is good as is and i respect your right to speak out in the community. Its the matter of how, you show no understanding of other view’s. You deliberately riddicule the opinions of the majority of participants in the thread. Check out the poll posted earlier, you sir, are outnumbered.

(edited by Ludo.5201)

in Crafting

Ludo.5201

You apparently forget that its the only legendary shield in the game, some people want the legendary achievement. Some people chose it for its link to the guildwars 1 lore. Again, i respect your opinion, its your lack of reflective understanding for other view’s im unhappy with.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Why does the phrase " this is the only legendary X in the game" come up at all? Outside of the GS, that’s true of ALL weapons. Its NOT a compelling argument. People have one choice for each weapon type.

If you think Bolt looks fiercely stupid (like I do) then its not a matter of a little nip and tuck and adding a trail of glowing poop, there is categorically no Legendary 1H sword worth pursuing. If you own a FSP already, at least it came close enough to be worth making some effort.

Maybe they’ll do another round of tune ups for the 1% who have already found a Legendary they’re willing to make, but I sincerely hope its not until after they’ve made a whole second set of Legendary weapons so some us who can’t find anything worth pursuing get a crack at the shiny.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Vol.5241

“You are constantly enduldging in methods to riddicule what people in this thread are saying. I hope youre not just involving yourself out of some pathologic need to debate everything you hear. If so im sorry you are not able to find anything better to do. No one have ever said that we demand footfalls, or the reflective effects from juggernaught. Would you please just listen? In our opinion something is lacking in the FSP’s ledgendary appearance, at least when out of combat. As ive earlier posted its just about something small, maybee something like a subtile pulsing glow around the shield or maybee the character.
Now Vol, we have heard your opinons on this, you obviously think the FSP is good as is and i respect your right to speak out in the community. Its the matter of how, you show no understanding of other view’s. You deliberately riddicule the opinions of the majority of participants in the thread. Check out the poll posted earlier, you sir, are outnumbered.”

I love that you mentioned that, you hit me spot on :P

I don’t have a pathological need to debate. But I do have a pathological need to point out people who are unreasonable and/or biased.

I’m looking at it like this – I’ve seen few complaints about FSP before the fix. Even ingame I had plenty of compliments on my shield and how it is definitely one of the rarer and better looking legendaries in the game, especially when sheathed.

And now that we have these legendary fixes, it’s as if “well how about me?” Well isn’t that selfish? Perhaps these legendary fixes were not fixes for legendaries on an individual basis but fixing them to be on-par with the ‘legendary’ status? Meaning, these legendaries are upgraded because Anet wants them to be on par with the tier, not because we want to make them cooler.

I absolutely would love to have my FSP pimped out. Foot trails, a glow instead of a haze, OOC effects, e.t.c.

But I also realize that doing so would elevate FSP to another tier of legendaries. Adding anything more to this off-hand legendary would put it on equal footing to Eternity, which would only create more problems with other people.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

Well … lets look at Eternity since you just brought it up.

Eternity has:

• Footfalls: Yes, galaxy paint
  • An aura: Yes, faint white glow
  • Visibility as a projectile: No— possibly bugged since the two swords before it show their own unique models when thrown.
  • Day/Night Cycling Skin: Yes
  • General Attack effects: painterly trails
  • Unique features: a glowing ball

Let’s talk about a legendary that is not Eternity, Twilight and Sunrise, the two swords required to build Eternity

• An aura: Yes, faint colored glow
  • Visibility as a projectile: Yes, present during Whirling Wrath and Bladetrail and others
  • Day/Night Cycling Skin: No
  • Unique features: aura burst when drawn

Really, the only thing remotely different, aside from color, is the Day/Night Cycling Skins. The lack of projectile effects on Eternity could potentially be a bug … but if it’s intended, then all Legendary greatswords have at least five unique effects tied to it. One could say that ArenaNet are biased towards greatswords, but I think that would branch to a totally different and potentially unrelated topic.

Now let’s look at Flameseeker Prophecies:

• Footfalls: No
  • Aura: No
  • Visibility as a Projectile: No (Shield Toss still throws a wooden shield)
  • Day/Night Cycle Skins: No
  • General attack effects: Glows when drawn
  • Unique effects: Pages turn after every attack.

Besides the unique skin, FSP has only two defining features. Three if you count “Lore” but when you’re comparing that to everything else that seems “hip”, Lore doesn’t carry much weight except maybe to other Lore buffs … and how many people play this game for the Lore? Lore isn’t something the average joe can see with the naked eye. Instead, Lore is something that is often sought after looking to become more knowledgeable in the world around them. For the average joe, they just want to play the god dang game! If they want knowledge, they’ll probably read a book or attend a training class.

Let’s look at a recently updated Legendary: Meteorlogicus

• Footfalls: Yes, clouds and lightning
  • Visibility as a Projectile: ??
  • Day/Night Cycle Skins: Yes
  • General attack effects: Trails created when running and attacking
  • Unique effects: Orbiting planets and clouds with intricate floating stars.

Meteorlogicus has 4 defining features. By using your definition of “tier” of legendaries, that would mean that Meteorlogicus would technically be in the same tier as every other Legendary that has at least four defining features the separates it from your typical exotic weapons. Now why does Meteorlogicus have four defining features while FSP has two? And no, “FSP is an off-hand only weapon” doesn’t count. After all, The Minstrel has three noticeably defining features: purple aura, musical notes, and harp sound effects.

Ideally, all first-tier Legendary weapons should be upgraded to have the same amount of noticeably defining features amongst each other. The only second-tier Legendary that could have more should be Eternity … in reality, even Eternity still faults itself with the other legendaries released at launch.

I believe that most, if not all, my suggestions a few posts back are within reason and would still maintain the same tier of cosmetic display as non-Eternity legendary weapons. I know I didn’t ask for a Day/Night Cycle Skin that’s for sure, but it would be nice to have.

in Crafting

Criminon.8432

Eternity has:

• Visibility as a projectile: No— possibly bugged since the two swords before it show their own unique models when thrown.

Let’s talk about a legendary that is not Eternity, Twilight and Sunrise, the two swords required to build Eternity

• Visibility as a projectile: Yes, present during Whirling Wrath and Bladetrail and others

Really, the only thing remotely different, aside from color, is the Day/Night Cycling Skins. The lack of projectile effects on Eternity could potentially be a bug … but if it’s intended, then all Legendary greatswords have at least five unique effects tied to it. One could say that ArenaNet are biased towards greatswords, but I think that would branch to a totally different and potentially unrelated topic.

Besides the unique skin, FSP has only two defining features. Three if you count “Lore” but when you’re comparing that to everything else that seems “hip”, Lore doesn’t carry much weight except maybe to other Lore buffs … and how many people play this game for the Lore? Lore isn’t something the average joe can see with the naked eye. Instead, Lore is something that is often sought after looking to become more knowledgeable in the world around them. For the average joe, they just want to play the god dang game! If they want knowledge, they’ll probably read a book or attend a training class.

Meteorlogicus has 4 defining features. By using your definition of “tier” of legendaries, that would mean that Meteorlogicus would technically be in the same tier as every other Legendary that has at least four defining features the separates it from your typical exotic weapons. Now why does Meteorlogicus have four defining features while FSP has two? And no, “FSP is an off-hand only weapon” doesn’t count. After all, The Minstrel has three noticeably defining features: purple aura, musical notes, and harp sound effects.

Ideally, all first-tier Legendary weapons should be upgraded to have the same amount of noticeably defining features amongst each other. The only second-tier Legendary that could have more should be Eternity … in reality, even Eternity still faults itself with the other legendaries released at launch.

I believe that most, if not all, my suggestions a few posts back are within reason and would still maintain the same tier of cosmetic display as non-Eternity legendary weapons. I know I didn’t ask for a Day/Night Cycle Skin that’s for sure, but it would be nice to have.

I completely agree. It’s sad honestly. Sorry I’m not responding with a more detailed comment, but I can’t think of a thing I could add to this that I haven’t already said. Well put.

in Crafting

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

On this part I just wanted to add that lore does have more value than you give it credit for. In fact, despite the low visual characteristics the shield has (which you explain very well), I am in the process of making it simply for the reference to my main character’s ancestor and namesake. I would rather say replace Lore buffs with GW1 veterans.

I completely agree that it should not be included in the evaluation of the visuals, most certainly, but it still gives the shield that little oomph for me. It is a very niche trait, but a nice one nonetheless.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Crafting

Vol.5241

“Now let’s look at Flameseeker Prophecies:

•Footfalls: No
•Aura: No
•Visibility as a Projectile: No (Shield Toss still throws a wooden shield)
•Day/Night Cycle Skins: No
•General attack effects: Glows when drawn
•Unique effects: Pages turn after every attack.

You are forgetting the shine it leaves on the ground when wielded, as well as the haze around the shield (which I view separately than the glow of the pages itself)

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Ari Kagura.9182

Okay, the haze is very noticeable (actually, I think it’s a bit more obnoxious than I’d like, but that’s a different topic), I’ll agree with that … but shine isn’t that noticeable unless you’re in a very very dark area, like the dark room area in the EB jumping puzzle or the flickering lights room in the Ghost Pirate’s jumping puzzle in Lion’s Arch. Otherwise, the feature doesn’t POP out like most others. Maybe it’s my graphics settings, but I don’t notice it much, except when the pages are turning … even then the brightness isn’t as noticeable, especially during more heated situations.

in Crafting

Vol.5241

Okay, the haze is very noticeable (actually, I think it’s a bit more obnoxious than I’d like, but that’s a different topic), I’ll agree with that … but shine isn’t that noticeable unless you’re in a very very dark area, like the dark room area in the EB jumping puzzle or the flickering lights room in the Ghost Pirate’s jumping puzzle in Lion’s Arch. Otherwise, the feature doesn’t POP out like most others. Maybe it’s my graphics settings, but I don’t notice it much, except when the pages are turning … even then the brightness isn’t as noticeable, especially during more heated situations.

It actually shines pretty well in FGS to the point of blinding you. It’s not as bad as Cobalt, however.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Crafting

Posted by: Alcubierre.7538

Alcubierre.7538

Eternity has:

Perfectly said. UPDATE THEM ANET. PLEASE!

in Crafting

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Wanna to get update! I am sad owner ;(

in Crafting

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

Took a break for about 6 months and came back hoping FSP got an update…sigh.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

Took a break for about 6 months and came back hoping FSP got an update…sigh.

There’s a graphical glitch that exists now to make the FSP shine. Works at night only though.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-the-Flameseeker-should-have-been/first

in Crafting

Posted by: Skyguy.3715

Skyguy.3715

Just made mine today and was suprised that it had no additional aura, glow or footsteps. It does look pretty cool with jormags breath on my guard. I’m just hoping that maybe they will add a few graphical changes to the shield.

in Crafting

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Thank god they’re not turning my favourite shield into another hideous leaking glowstick.

Don’t ruin such expensive skins, it’s a kick in the mouth to those who crafted them.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

in Crafting

Posted by: Murdoc.4251

Murdoc.4251

Just got this yesterday and while I do love how it looks, it IS understated. My favourite response so far has been ‘oh? what skin is that – i think i like your old one better’ when I replaced my Braham’s shield with this.

It’s a very, very good looking shield but it IS a very plain looking Legendary, which is ok to some.

[HDS] – Gate of Madness
Murdoc Jones – Brock Jones – Murdoch Jones – Jaedmara Jones
Warrior – Guardian – Ranger – Necro

in Crafting

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

The back part of the shield where the wielder holds it, looks very plain. Skills do not make use of the legendary weapon nor have updated graphics when the shield is thrown.

Not asking to add footfalls or auras here. Just make them up to par with what other legendaries have.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Well… just sayin’…

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Kuro.4791

Kuro.4791

The shield is so beautiful… but… AEGIS! Guardians are sad kittens because of the kitten aegis, please, Anet do something to the shield, give’em more effects or update Aegis if used with the legendary Shield, its really killing the appeal of my already useless shield because the focus its a way more defensive/support skill than my shield.

Attachments: