Food discovery

Food discovery

in Crafting

Posted by: Mr Bimble.2764

Mr Bimble.2764

Does anybody know why I can’t discover low lvl cooking recipes.I have all the ingredients needed.Theres so much I can’t make.This seems to make progress much harder.

Food discovery

in Crafting

Posted by: Juicy.9174

Juicy.9174

Some recipes are higher leveled, but take low level ingredients. Make sure the recipe you’re looking for is actually a low level recipe, sometimes they’re 300+ and you don’t realize it.
Also, make sure you have enough, sometimes they take like 3x of an ingredient whereas you might have one.
And of course, make sure they’re all in your bank (either actual bank or collectibles area), or in your current inventory. Doesn’t work on an alt you aren’t on.

Food discovery

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Also, double check that it isn’t a recipe you learn automatically as you gain ranks in Chef. Some dishes that are intermediate ingredients (like Bowl of Cherry Pie Filling) are learned automatically when you reach certain thresholds and don’t need to be discovered.

Food discovery

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

And there are recipes that cannot be discovered, but need a recipe sheet. You can put all ingredients in, but it’ll keep saying you need to add more ingredients.

Food discovery

in Crafting

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Would I be right in thinking that recipes purchasable by Karma (from the Master artisians) can’t ever be discovered?

Food discovery

in Crafting

Posted by: Kariokimahn.3821

Kariokimahn.3821

Would I be right in thinking that recipes purchasable by Karma (from the Master artisians) can’t ever be discovered?

Correct.The recipes from Karma vendors,artisans and the reknown heart vendors,can not be discovered.

Food discovery

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Indeed. But you can put all the required material in the discovery screen and it’ll keep on complaining that it needs more ingredients (even if you have all 4 slots filled)

Food discovery

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Keep in mind that due to the general randomness of how the Cooking discovery works, its quite easy to forget you have already discovered something….check the crafting lists (especially tiered ingredients).

I know I have wasted plenty of time trying to figure out why I can’t discover the needed ingredient to craft a new recipe only to find out I’ve discovered the ingredient previously. You usually do not run into that possibility in the other crafting skills.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)