Forced to Craft Celestial Gear.

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

it says Soulbound on use so i doubt it, the reason they’re not in the TP yet is because no one has ever Listed them, at least thats what i think.

I made the same mistake it states account bound above Soulbound on use. In this pictures will check tonight with the in game codes.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

A) Charge crystals daily and mine nodes
B) Level armorsmithing
C) Takes a full month for all the crystals you need to make all the inscriptions so continue leveling armorsmithing
D) Craft away
E) Or if you don’t want to, don’t do it

Don’t forget to get the recipe unlocks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Emokidlol.5270

Emokidlol.5270

I’m thinking of making a weapon(25 days) instead of a full set of gear (30 days). I honestly think this would be a nice permanent add to the games content. To give all the crybaby’s no excuse but hey w/e that’s just me. And honestly, it really isn’t that hard to get 25 crystals go get the charged, then raise your crafting… What’s so hard in that? 400 is like 2 weeks, maybe less…. I love crafting and this is pretty awesome to see some nice things for the crafters : )

in Crafting

Posted by: Emokidlol.5270

Emokidlol.5270

it says Soulbound on use so i doubt it, the reason they’re not in the TP yet is because no one has ever Listed them, at least thats what i think.

I made the same mistake it states account bound above Soulbound on use. In this pictures will check tonight with the in game codes.

Even the recipe tells you it’s Account Bound, Soul Bound on Use

in Crafting

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Sorry but your point is invalid, the gear highly surpasses all gear choices for my hybrid style of gameplay and there is simply nothing that beats it, I will not even say what else I want to say for fear of being reported.

Ridiculous. Your “hybrid build” would be better served by a combination of current available gear. Go on, tell us your build so we can prove how your “highly” Celestial gear is bad for it.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Crafting

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Ridiculous. Your “hybrid build” would be better served by a combination of current available gear. Go on, tell us your build so we can prove how your “highly” Celestial gear is bad for it.

Lets not deviate from the point of the thread. This thread isn’t about critiquing a build or whether or not Celestial is a good stat combination on armor. It’s about this crafted gear being account bound and how it is an unnecessary and undesirable limitation for crafters and players who want this armor and sets a bad precedent for the future.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

in Crafting

Posted by: pave.6901

pave.6901

I have 400/400 on all crafting discplines.. so hehheh good luck ya

in Crafting

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

What build is used by a warrior OP, that requires this stat combo? Only gear for wars is full zerk & GS, everyone’s doing it, look at all the Zenith Avenger’s running around. >_>

Im considering celestrial on Eng – “Considering” not “Forced”

in Crafting

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

What build is used by a warrior OP, that requires this stat combo? Only gear for wars is full zerk & GS, everyone’s doing it, look at all the Zenith Avenger’s running around. >_>

Im considering celestrial on Eng – “Considering” not “Forced”

Nothing strictly requires it. Nothing is forced. That is totally irrelevant. The OP’s point is merely that he would like to have it and is thus forced to craft to 400 in whatever discipline in order to get it. Yes, forced. Because we’re further up the chain of demand.

in Crafting

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I have 400 in all disciplines, but my Jewel/Cook and Weapon/Armor characters (I used alts, I’m finicky with my money and the switching costs seemed high for me to put it all on one character) aren’t 80 yet. They’re 40 something.

Not only do the new recipes require 400s, they require you to be level 80 to mem them.

I don’t really understand why they did that part.

in Crafting

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Move along folks, just another guy who wants something for nothing.

I don’t wanna be a crafter and I hate crafting.

You’re kitten out of luck then, aren’t you. Anet doesn’t force anything on anyone. Sure it’d be nice if it wasn’t account bound, and maybe they’ll change it, but it doesn’t change the fact that your refusal to craft is your problem, no one else’s.

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Yes, the level requirement is absurd.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

Don’t forget you can get charged quartz (rare) from mining the node in your home instance. I got 2 from home node so far.

in Crafting

Erasculio.2914

Lets not deviate from the point of the thread. This thread isn’t about critiquing a build or whether or not Celestial is a good stat combination on armor.

Nope, this topic is about how the OP feels forced to craft in order to make items with superior stats. Yet Celestial stats are not superior. Ergo, his point is empty.

It’s about this crafted gear being account bound and how it is an unnecessary and undesirable limitation for crafters and players who want this armor and sets a bad precedent for the future.

No, it’s a great idea to have crafted gear being account bound. It’s exactly what the system needs to actually become relevant to the game.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

How can people craft it yet ? I thought the quartz or whatever were time gated…
And how do you know you can’t sell it ? You didn’t craft it…

Its account bound on all the pictures. Nobody should be forced to craft to play a game IMO.

You aren’t. You are “forced” to craft it if you want one specific set of gear.

I’d rather not have to run AC for tokens for a legendary, but I certainly don’t think it is something “forced” on me.

If said gear was the only viable option in pve/w3, then I could see your point. Although it takes all of ten minutes to master a craft to 400.

Sorry but your point is invalid, the gear highly surpasses all gear choices for my hybrid style of gameplay and there is simply nothing that beats it, I will not even say what else I want to say for fear of being reported.

Being forced to craft is the reason I left SWTOR.

This gear is only extremely useful in specific builds that are focused on utilizing more than 4 stats.

As far as professions that can use it out of the box, it’s mainly Guardians and Elementalists, but other classes can trait specifically to use it. You don’t need this armor, just like you don’t need berserker gear. You really don’t [need it], you just might want it for a specific build.

I don’t see why anyone would “want” this gear anyways. It’s terrible, but to comment yes people do “need” berserker gear as there is really no other reason to use anything else in PvE.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bobler.2074

Bobler.2074

yes this gear is horrible either you cant dodge and need to be tanky or u can dodge and need damage or you want to be a support character why would you want to be mediocre at everything you wont be able to tank lots of hits you wont be able contribute any noticeable damage and your support capabilities will be crappy if any all helpful

in Crafting

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

HaHa – so here is the kicker – got enough charged crystals and made the insignia on my lvl 400 armorsmith (of which I have 2 presently) and it is glitched.

I cannot make a piece of armor – the insignia does not show up in the discovery panel – GO ANET! Another great buggy process in a game where new buggy content is all important. Gotta love it.

in Crafting

Erasculio.2914

I cannot make a piece of armor – the insignia does not show up in the discovery panel – GO ANET! Another great buggy process in a game where new buggy content is all important. Gotta love it.

It’s not a bug, it’s lack of reading.

The recipes for the items themselves are also available through the same sources as the insignia recipe. You cannot discover the items – you unlock them through using their recipes.

If you want to make armor, buy or get the recipes for Celestial armor.

in Crafting

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Due to the fact it is temporary content I do not like the fact that they put the recipes behind a Level requirement(Let the armor have level 80 requirement that is fine)

I would be fine with this if they did not have the level 80 requirement on the armor recipes.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Crafting

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Nope, you MUST be a 400 Armorsmith…

You also have to be level 80 to learn the recipes (and pay silly amounts for all those recipes.) That’s the part that has me annoyed.

Personally I feel it’s way too much trouble for something that’s not that great.

in Crafting

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Just to confirm as a crafter, made a celestial piece today.

Basic Quartz is tradable/BLTC/etc.
Infused Quartz is Account Bound
Account Bount Insignia (odd choice, but ok…)
Account Bound Chestpiece – Soulbound on use.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Maybe its because everyone was whinging about RNG items and pleeeeeesaaasseee "let us craft the next items "

So moral of the story ….. be very care of what you wish for

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I have to agree that the combination of Account Bound + time-gated Charged Quartz creation is excessive. If the armor is account bound anyway, why bother having a time gate on creating the Charged Quartz? If the armor was not account bound, then I could see the point in including a time gate to create some rarity for Celestial items.

Personally, I’d rather that the Account Bound status be removed and the time-gate stay.

in Crafting

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

It would be nice if eventually the recipes for the items become available to purchase using karma at the vendors by each crafting station like the other exotic recipes. Seems a shame for anyone new to the game in a few months to miss out on the opportunity of getting hold of them (or any other chars I might level soon). Seems the recipes only unlock per character, rather than per account, which is odd. The TP will run out of recipes at some point.

in Crafting

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

You have to be 400 at Jewelery, armor/tailor/leather worker, weapon smith/artificer/woodsman.

Basically you have to be 400 on your account with 2-4 professions. That takes about what? 40-50 gold these days?

Also, you have to wait 65 ore more days charing a crystal every day to get a full set.

Basically a way to milk you out of your money and time for mere exotic pieces.

Anyone remember how they said there will be no grinding except for cosmetic items?

Then ascendant gear came out..

Then they started forcing 2months plus to craft exotic items and learn 2-4 professions..

Hmm..sounds like a lie to me..

in Crafting

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Maybe its because everyone was whinging about RNG items and pleeeeeesaaasseee "let us craft the next items "

So moral of the story ….. be very care of what you wish for

These aren’t ascendant items..these are exotics..why would they place these restriction on regular craftable exotics?

The grinding is just getting ridiculously worse and worse for any new items.

in Crafting

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Nobody is forced to use bullkitten gear like celestial is.

/thread

Celestial gear is bad in 99% of situations and builds, i’m glad they made this idiotic time-gated-account bound crafting thing on celestial rather than a useful stat set.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Crafting

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Nobody is forced to use bullkitten gear like celestial is.

/thread

Celestial gear is bad in 99% of situations and builds, i’m glad they made this idiotic time-gated-account bound crafting thing on celestial rather than a useful stat set.

I am glad you proved how hilarious you are, I want it for a WELLOMANCER, who uses ALL STATS. I have more then one level 80 character.

A 0/0/10/30/30 Necromancer would benefit greatly from all the stats, and I am actually annoyed since they made it so hard to get.

Pull your head out from that dark place for a second. No other armor in the game has these restrictions and honestly for that build that armor set is the best, because it has everything I need, Condition Damage, Healing Power, Toughness, Power, Vitality, Critical Damage. It has it all.

Now I’ve been a theorycrafter for years since old PreCU SWG, just because you can’t see something does not mean other players can. Quit being rude and let others enjoy the game.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Am I mistaken or has almost NOBODY ever asked for this stat combination (ok, so ONE guy seems to think it’s the cat’s pajamas…..)? It is not like this was on anyone’s (with specific builds in mind) wish list, so I don’t really see the big deal.

Entirely possible that the “account bound” trait is temporary for economic reasons (devalue the recipes and quartz for a time). I can only think the time gating is something Anet has put in place stem the “flavor of the day” rush that usually follows the introduction of a new content sets.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Don’t see why Celestial Gear has this restriction.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Crafting

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I thought it was to combat the RNG winging . You couldn’t sell the tickets you can’t sell the armor? Same kitten different smell

in Crafting

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I’m pretty happy that Celestial gear is now a thing. I think it’ll open up some surprising builds and create a bit more flexibility – I certainly intend to equip my main with it.

However: I don’t think Quartz as a resource is handled well (the time-gating is silly, for example), and I particularly despise the account-bound-on-making crap. It prevents cooperation with guildmates in so much as making any of the gear, even – I want to get a Celestial Shield, but none of my characters have 400 Weaponsmithing. Can I send my guildmates the materials and have them make it? No. I have to train a level 18 character from 60-odd Weaponsmithing up to 400 just so they can make the shield for the character I actually want it for. This is stupid, but I’ll bloody do it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Not saying that Anet handled this correctly or not. But I will point out that if you have 0 mats and 0 in a craft following along with one of the many guides out there it takes only about ~10 gold (depending on the craft) and 1 hour to reach 400. Get yourself the achievement points and just do that. If it is worth that much to you people get master crafter with 50g and 1 day. It’s really easy.

in Crafting

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

I’d rather not have to run AC for tokens for a legendary, but I certainly don’t think it is something “forced” on me.

If said gear was the only viable option in pve/w3, then I could see your point. Although it takes all of ten minutes to master a craft to 400.

Your point about not being forced to craft it is correct. Crafting a profession to level 400 only needing 10 minutes is a bit of a rediculous statement though. Maybe if you strted at level 370….

in Crafting

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

For some reason the answer to every critique is one of the following:

-You don’t need it.
-You aren’t forced to do it.
-or something with carebear, entitled, QQ, crybaby, or some other inane stereotypical buzzword.

I wish people would expand their conversational abilities.

It’s a game. We don’t even need the game, or to play it, or to do anything in it. No one is forcing us to play the game. Now that that is out of the way, can we accept that the game was not made just for you or just for me or just for any one person and that we are not all exactly alike.

The OP has a right to express what he likes about the game and what he does not like about the game just as much as anyone else does. He is expressing his opinion to the people who actually can either explain why the armor is account bound or change it so that it isn’t account bound, and that isn’t you or me. That is ANET.

Giving feedback to ANET lets them know what people do and don’t like. Would you like for more and more armor, weapons, etc to become crafted account bound? How about from now on, everything that is released requires you to craft it and be max level crafter because they want everyone to craft? They have said that they are trying things out to see what works, what doesn’t work, what people like, what people don’t like. If we don’t give them feedback then we may have this become a feature.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Crafting

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I main an ele & still doubt I`d use this stuff.
However….making the acokitten bound crystals, stashing the lot until the 500 crafting comes out & will just use it then for levelling.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Crafting

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

The only thing i hate about the whole process is the “you have to be level 80 to learn the recipes”. It doesn’t make sense, imho.

in Crafting

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Same thing will happen for ascended armor. So you might want to get your level up there pal.

NSPride <3

in Crafting

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Its account bound on all the pictures. Nobody should be forced to craft to play a game IMO.

Being forced to craft is the reason I left SWTOR.

This gear is only extremely useful in specific builds that are focused on utilizing more than 4 stats.

As far as professions that can use it out of the box, it’s mainly Guardians and Elementalists, but other classes can trait specifically to use it. You don’t need this armor, just like you don’t need berserker gear. You really don’t [need it], you just might want it for a specific build.

Then I guess they should patch the old gear recipes to make em ALL account bound. Since you don’t need any of them, just for any given build.

in Crafting

Sleel.8365

Not saying that Anet handled this correctly or not. But I will point out that if you have 0 mats and 0 in a craft following along with one of the many guides out there it takes only about ~10 gold (depending on the craft) and 1 hour to reach 400. Get yourself the achievement points and just do that. If it is worth that much to you people get master crafter with 50g and 1 day. It’s really easy.

Yeah, cause it took no time at all to either collect the mats, or earn the gold to buy them. Nope, dropped out of my butt like nuggets.

in Crafting

Sleel.8365

It only seems to be time gated as far as globs of ecto are concerned which is very much a positive imo, we’re not trying to get materials that never drop for some people except ectos which aren’t really too expensive to receive right now.

I have to say this is a better system imo for this armor. Looks like they are trying to place these things within the reach of the average player in this case.

Ectos have nothing to do with the gate. The gate is only being able to make ONE charged quartz crystal per day, per account. Then having the crap account bound once you make it.

in Crafting

Sleel.8365

The best build is the build that suits the style of play the person doing the playing likes. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. You are’nt doing the playing for them.

in Crafting

Sleel.8365

Same thing will happen for ascended armor. So you might want to get your level up there pal.

Yeah, wouldn’t want people who like to craft be able to make the gear and sell it to those who don’t. You know, kinda playing it our way, rather then how they tell us to. Like they told us we could.