Forgetting Your Crafting Profession

in Crafting

Posted by: Kira Wei.2361

Kira Wei.2361

I completed all 8 crafting professions across 3 characters and now I can’t remember which character had what crafting profession. I have tried going each master crafter seeing which profession was leveled to 400 but they only show that I haven’t progressed any of them. What should I do, other than wasting more silver? Thanks

in Crafting

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

They’ll tell you how much it will cost to swich to that profession. The cost will reflect how high that character leveled it.

I did exactly this last night. I had crafts across several characters, and had failed to keep track, so I took each one to the Armorsmith to figure out which one already had Armorsmithing leveled.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

You can see it in your ‘Hero Panel’. The professions are on a drop list there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I’ve done the same, I have 7 alt’s and 5 of them have done different crafting disciplines. Luckily I know exactly which ones have done what from having a good memory.

For instance I know my guardian has 400 Armoursmith, my necro has 400 Tailor, my thief has 400 Leatherworker, my ranger has 400 Huntsman, my warrior has 400 Weaponsmith, and my main has the other 3 crafts (Artificer (500), Chef and Jeweller) maxed so if I had to pay anything for switching over it would be through my main.

I could have done Jeweller on another alt but I started that on my main before I wanted to shoot for a legendary, so I switched over, but I wouldn’t get Jeweller on another alt because it’s too expensive and after the Ascended update I don’t have that much cash to throw around on alt’s.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I don’t have a good memory, and the fact that I have to run around to 8 different NPCs for each character for information that should be shown on the gaddang crafting screen is ridiculous.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Again, there is no need to run to any NPCs. Just open the Hero panel. The information on your crafting professions is there in the tab with the Hammer.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The character with the crafting will have 2 professions (last 2 you used) in the drop down form the HERO panel crafting tab. As mentioned above, no NPC is needed to check this…just log in with all your characters and check that tab on each.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

Again, there is no need to run to any NPCs. Just open the Hero panel. The information on your crafting professions is there in the tab with the Hammer.

I may be mistaken, but I think that tab only shows the character’s current crafting disciplines and levels. Are you sure it also shows disabled crafting professions that you don’t currently have access to?