Fossilized Weapon Recipe

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Posted by: Carbonize.1530

Carbonize.1530

Ok, so I think I made a mistake but just wanted to check here with the crafters. I had roughly 900 geodes and bought the recipes for the fossilized dagger and shortbow and placed them in the bank. Accidentally pulled both recipes out with my huntsman character.

I used the shortbow recipe like normal and though I had the bank tab open and double clicked the dagger recipe to put it back in the bank however I clicked it from my inventory. It was consumed… on a character without weaponsmithing.

Is this suppose to happen?

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Double clicked on inventory.

Item was consumed.

Working as intended.

You can try to contact support, but since it’s a player error, they probably won’t fix it (also it’s an account unlock, which they don’t like to remove no matter how much you yell and scream).

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Carbonize.1530

If it’s an account unlock how come it doesn’t appear on my 500 weaponsmithing character?

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I didn’t say account bound. I just said account.

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Carbonize.1530

So if it’s an account unlock does that mean it should unlock the recipe for weaponsmiths on my account?

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

yet another example of why all learned recipes should be account-bound.
currently, all recipes are NOT account unlocks – they are soulbound. so your huntsman charater does know the recipe to make the dagger, he just can’t use it unless he becomes a weaponsmith.

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Carbonize.1530

Guess I’ll just get another 425 geodes. ewww can’t say I like this.

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

yet another example of why all learned recipes should be account-bound.
currently, all recipes are NOT account unlocks – they are soulbound. so your huntsman charater does know the recipe to make the dagger, he just can’t use it unless he becomes a weaponsmith.

I wouldn’t mind this. But I’d also be happy with a compromise where if a character tries to learn a recipe that he is not capable of using (either he doesn’t have ranks in the crafting discipline, or he has insufficient ranks), a window pops up saying, “You do not have enough ranks in Weaponsmith to use this recipe. Are you sure you want to learn it?”

It would just be a good safety net to help catch accidental uses.

Fossilized Weapon Recipe

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I also frequently run into the problem of needing to craft Keeper’s inscription, for example, and can’t remember if I learned it on weaponsmith, artificer, or huntsman, so I have to check all 3 characters. It’s also a QoL thing: I’d like to re-arrange which character has which profession, especially now that each can have 3 professions. except they all have already learned expensive and limited-time recipes, so I’m stuck keeping characters I wouldn’t otherwise keep.