Found a niche!

Found a niche!

in Crafting

Posted by: MrPowell.7695

MrPowell.7695

I finally found a little niche to use my crafting skill to make money! I can buy the mats, craft the items, and sell them for a tidy profit (about 9-10s each). The nice thing too is that the mats are fairly heavily traded so I can get my buy orders filled quickly. Then when I have my final product, it has sold on the market in about 2 minutes each time.

I was someone who had rotten luck trying to make money in the past. I stuck with it, did some research and tried a lot of different things. Now I feel much better about making money in gw2.

Now if I can find a few more areas to diversify into, I think I will be pulling money much more reliably out of the TP.

Thanks to all those folks on the forums that posted discucssions and tips. Very helpful!

Qillin – Wells/Marks build Necromancer (Devona’s Rest)

Dogs love me cuz I’m crazy sniffable.

Found a niche!

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Good for you. The funny thing about this game is that markets are dynamic and changing.

The mats I use to craft with went up 150% on the TP today. Sometimes flippers will get in your market and then you have to either work around them or wait for them to leave.

Markets are there, they just take research.

Found a niche!

in Crafting

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

Congrats. There are lots of crafting niches out there. Once you’ve found one you’ll find them more easily. IMO they follow patterns.

Found a niche!

in Crafting

Posted by: Kentastic.5102

Kentastic.5102

nice man, god for you

Found a niche!

in Crafting

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

Also a tip. Look at the buy orders for all the intermediate crafting stuff like inscriptions, insignias, paddings, panels, hafts, hilts, blades, etc.

I regularly find such items with 300-500 buy orders on them that offer a profit over the mats. Did it with coarse trouser panels the other day. There were over 300 buy orders for the things that offered over a 20c profit after fees. So I bought as many mats as I could and pumped them out and filled the buy orders. Took maybe 10 min and it was over 60s profit.

Found a niche!

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

oooh interesting :P Guess it’s a good time for me to level up my crafts. Only had jewelry but that market is so saturated it’s nigh-impossible to craft stuff for a profit. (even better to sell raw mats)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.