GS legendary favoured over others?

in Crafting

Posted by: Din.4189

Din.4189

I’ve been looking into legendary weapons for the past few weeks, particular since the discovery of the first few. As many people have pointed out, there seems to be a level of detail, effects and general awe about the GS (and to some extent the Juggernaut – the amour effects)which are not replicated in the other legendary weapons. All things put aside, lets think about this factually. All Legendary weapons have some particle effects. So I guess Anet can argue this, but why does the GS have two variants? That can be combined to make a third Variant. If, legendary weapons all had 2 variants, then this would give people a greater choice, like the GS users have, but at the moment this is not the case.

As a necromancer, I have no interest in the scepter, staff and focus (I’m only interested in the dagger)because their skins do not interest me. I feel like all professions other than ones that use GS have been neglected. I’m curious to hear everyone’s opinion on the matter.

Thanks

in Crafting

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

as an engineer pistol and rifle just dont do it for me.

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

It’s absolutely true. Look at the list of the effects on the wiki:

SUNRISE:

• Blade is a window into the sky at sunrise
  • Moving or swinging your weapon leaves a painterly afterimage. This trail also acts as a window into the sky just as the blade does.
  • The player’s body is surrounded with a soft blue aura while drawn.
  • Blue sparkles pop off the player’s body while drawn.
  • The weapon gives off a short burst of light when drawn.
  • The player’s footsteps leave a window into the sky at sunrise on the ground.
  • Blade
    • The blade is surrounded with a soft aura while drawn. The aura’s color reflects the blade’s color.
    • Animated prismatic flares appear behind the blade while drawn.
    • Yellow sparkles pop off the blade while drawn.
    • The blade’s edge is a painterly design whose texture shifts and rotates around the blade.
    • Spiked yellow glow at the base of the blade which moves from one side to the other.
  • Mirror Blade, Binding Blade, and Whirling Wrath are altered slightly, the player throws Sunrise rather than an illusionary sword.

METEOROLOGICUS:
Meteorologicus is a planetarium whose planets and clouds move. The weapon also has a light glowing effect.

It’s horrendous how little effort was put into the other legendaries.