Getting Corrupted Lodestones?

in Crafting

Posted by: Veseis.4915

Veseis.4915

What’s the best way to get Corrupted Cores/Lodestones at the moment? I’ve tried the whole MF farming in Frostgorge method, but it doesn’t seem to work too well. Farming CoF P1 for gold to simply buy the lodestone is effective, but I’d like to believe that there’s a way to farm the actual cores/lodestones themselves.

I’ve heard that the droprate in HotW is decent (as good as molten core/lodestone drops on CoF P1). Can anybody confirm this? Should I just stick to spamming CoF P1 for gold?

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’ve heard that the droprate in HotW is decent (as good as molten core/lodestone drops on CoF P1). Can anybody confirm this? Should I just stick to spamming CoF P1 for gold?

I can’t imagine any player describing the drop rate for anything in this game as “good”, and certainly not the drop rate of molten cores/lodestones in CoF. You get some gold from that dungeon, but you’ll be there for weeks/months to get the gold you’ll need to build something like Volcanus.

But you know, Nerfnet doesn’t build grindy games. They let someone else do that.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

i know that the drop rate for core/lode is the same in every dungeon, so in hotm for corrupted should be the same like in cof for molten.

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

in Crafting

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

HotW gives glacial cores/lodestones

Professional noob guardian

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

^ This guy is right. HotW gives glacial, not corrupted

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

^ This guy is right. HotW gives glacial, not corrupted

The chests from Hotw drop glacial, but the bosses themselves (and maybe the mobs) have a chance to drop corrupted, albeit the drop-rate is beyond atrocious.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Chests in FotM drop corrupted cores and lodestones.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

Stick with CoF. Not much else to say…unfortunately.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Is there any location where you can farm level 80 Svanir? I’ve noticed that Icy Bags sometimes drop lower-level Corrupted slivers etc., so presumably Heavy Icy Bags would have a chance to drop them too.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

They nerfed the drop rate of corrupted lodestones in Frostgorge months ago. Used to be able to reliably farm 1 about every 20-30 minutes. Now you are lucky to get one every 1-1.5 hours.

HOTW is better for getting glacial lodestones/cores, though corrupted CAN be found there.

Like everything else in the game right now, there is no good spot for them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

You can get them from mobs during Jormag.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

You can get them from mobs during Jormag.

They say you can also get precursors from the MF…

If you’re farming Jormag for corrupted lodestones….PLEASE STOP. You’re doing it wrong…(see comments above)

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Is there any location where you can farm level 80 Svanir? I’ve noticed that Icy Bags sometimes drop lower-level Corrupted slivers etc., so presumably Heavy Icy Bags would have a chance to drop them too.

Answer appears to be “no” considering how long it takes for orders to fill.

in Crafting

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

they have a chance but its very low just like mining bags can contain the destroy counterpart(depending on tier bag)

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

This is from 100 Heavy Icy Bags. So yes can get it from these but forget farming them. Even buying the bags are slow. In this tiny sample, also not worth it.

Attachments:

in Crafting

OmniPotentes.4817

One dropped today in over a month in the old bot farm spot in Frostgorge while I was killing stuff on my way to the ori node. Lucky RNG.

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

I got a Corrupted Core (along with a Destroyer Core and a Charged(!) Core) from completing the Jade Fractal. On level 2 no less. RNG is RNG, but sometimes it does work in your favour.

in Crafting

OmniPotentes.4817

I got a Corrupted Core (along with a Destroyer Core and a Charged(!) Core) from completing the Jade Fractal. On level 2 no less. RNG is RNG, but sometimes it does work in your favour.

Every time I run lvl2 i get 3 to 4 core drops. However I rarely run fotm. I posted about this a few weeks ago. People claimed its just RNG. Perhaps anet added this feature to encourage high tier fotm players to help starting players by running low level fractals.

Who knows. Whatever it may be I’m glad I’m constantly getting a kittenload of cores.

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Try farming frostgorge without MF gear. I’ve done this for awhile and gotten no less than 50 from my efforts there, and not a shred of MF on me. Also it’s not just the icebroods that drop the lodes, the corrupted quaggans I’ve gotten a good 60-70% of my lodes from.

That said, yes they are a rare drop as they’re supposed to be, but also farming in parties helps out a bit too. Also I believe my character has a bit of a gift for landing lodes for some unknown reason… not just among the icebrood but sparks as well, and even the Orrian trinket boxes.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Also I believe my character has a bit of a gift for landing lodes for some unknown reason… not just among the icebrood but sparks as well, and even the Orrian trinket boxes.

I hate you and your luck. :P

But, I agree with the MF not mattering. Back when the lodestones used to drop it really didn’t matter whether you were wearing no MF or a full set of MF. Their drop rate remained the same.

Though, unlike your experience, I have found their drop rate in the last few months to be horrible.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

Also I believe my character has a bit of a gift for landing lodes for some unknown reason… not just among the icebrood but sparks as well, and even the Orrian trinket boxes.

I hate you and your luck. :P

But, I agree with the MF not mattering. Back when the lodestones used to drop it really didn’t matter whether you were wearing no MF or a full set of MF. Their drop rate remained the same.

Though, unlike your experience, I have found their drop rate in the last few months to be horrible.

Well there is a bit more to it than just MF or no MF. For some builds giving up offense/defense for MF will not have a very large impact but for others it will mean slower kills. Doubling the drop chance while also doubling the time to kill would not be very useful.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Doubling the time to kill to double the chance of a drop is a great deal – a huge portion of your actual time spent farming is moving from mob to mob, not fighting, and that portion of your time is most definitely not increased by MF. (and besides, getting 100% MF doesn’t nearly cut your dps in half…)

And for certain lodestone farms its easy to kill the prime targets faster than they respawn – so if the number of mobs available is the constraint, longer time-to-kill for higher chance of reward is a major plus.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Buy the cores. I know this is a “If you have enough gold” thing, but I found it really effective. Do a couple dungeon runs, get gold, and buy cores. Try to make the price of the core about 25-28 silver, as it will cost ROUGHLY 1 gold per lodestone. Shouldn’t be that hard

in Crafting

Posted by: Dilyrio.1308

Dilyrio.1308

It’s generally easier to buy the lodestones off the trading post than farming each one yourself. That said, I’ve had a few corrupted lodestones drop for me off the mobs at the beginning of CoE. You could try forming a group and running that part of the dungeon repeatedly.

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

With the new Champion loot bags, supply for the Lodestones should (theoretically) have increased too. Personally I got my very first Corrupted Lodestone from, ironically, Pyroxis in the Crown Pavillion. Of course, prices may remain the same or even rise if demand increases to match the supply.

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

With the new Champion loot bags, supply for the Lodestones should (theoretically) have increased too. Personally I got my very first Corrupted Lodestone from, ironically, Pyroxis in the Crown Pavillion. Of course, prices may remain the same or even rise if demand increases to match the supply.

One of the new recipes also uses Corrupted Lodestones …

in Crafting

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I need 2 gifts of ice and a corrupted weapon…you could say my work is cut out for me :P

NSPride <3

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

I need 2 gifts of ice and a corrupted weapon…you could say my work is cut out for me :P

At least they are much cheaper now.