Getting precursors from the Magic Forge?

in Crafting

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Q:

Is it true that there is some chance of getting a legendary precursor by combining 4 exotic items in the Magic Forge?

If so, is there a correlation between the items you put in the forge and what you get out? In particular, if you toss in exotic armor, can you get a precursor for a legendary weapon?

Or, is there a way to improve your chance of getting a particular precursor (e.g., the precursor for a legendary rifle)?

Thanks.

in Crafting

Posted by: zippo burntfur.9307

zippo burntfur.9307

A:

Yes there is a small chance of getting precursor from the MF. So if you want to get the rifle precursor, you’d use 4 lvl 70+ rare or exotic rifle’s. Again the chance is really really really small that you’ll get 1. There are many video’s showcasing the low % for precursor “drop” from the MF. But rng is rng, and some dev’s think it’s fun and exciting at times.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success

in Crafting

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

putting 4 exotic rifles lvl 70-80 will grant you an exotic rifle with a chance of it being the precursor.
If you put 4 lvl 70-80 rares there is also a chance to get an exotic(maybe even the precursor). Probabilities are low and suposedly using exotics give you better chance (not confirmed).

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

in Crafting

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

It is true… but extremely difficult. Here you have a video of a guy who threw away 1500 rar greatswords and didn’t got the precursor:

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Put exo armor with 3 rifles, or 3 armors and 1 exo weapon, getting a precursor is worst than the actual slotmachine we are dealing with, using mystic forge. So, the answer is: yes, you have to use 4 of the same kind, rare, exotics better Rest , is luck

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

thanks, all!