Getting to 500 as an Artificer

in Crafting

Posted by: DorDor.8617

DorDor.8617

Q:

I’m at 434 and have no idea how I get any farther. I’ve been slowly crawling forward by discovering potions and tonics, but my options are starting to get low.

Any ideas?

wanderingstoryteller.tumblr.com – Guild Wars content that’s only 75% terrible!

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

A:

Discoveries of different Exotics get you through quickly. Once you’re 450, stop that and refine bloodstone dust/dragonite ore/empyral fragments for a while.

Remember to pick up those inscription recipes.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Here’s what I’m doing:

400: Refine T6 mats (e.g. Orichalcum, Ancient Wood) till you get to 425.

425: Discover Exotic armor/weapons/potions etc. till you get to 450.

450: Refine T7 mats till you get to 475. (Fairly slow process.) You can pad this out with some Toxic consumable crafting for the weapon crafting disciplines.

475: Discover more Exotic recipes till you get to 500. (You’ll need to discover about 10 different items.)

in Crafting

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

When I was crafting, I used a guide. There’s plenty available to choose from on the internet. I used gw2crafts.net but there’s many other options.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

While not worth as much xp, you can still get a boost by filling out your lower tier discoveries. Chances are, if you’re level 80, you’ll have a lot of T5 materials you can turn into rares. Check the master artificer to make sure you have rare inscription recipes.

Two potion sets that are easy to miss are Inquest and Krait slaying potions. The former require a scepter part. The latter require an enhanced jewel.

Also, the are sigils you can discover, provided you have the lodestones or doubloons, but you’re probably already aware of those.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

in Crafting

Posted by: Escapist.5687

Escapist.5687

Artificer can be tricky, none the less you are ta the same level as i am atm. So my proposition-do the exotic discoveries and use crafting booster. Discover only those that you can sell otherwise you will bankrupt. If you don’t know which, just compare the prices of orichalcum inscriptions and their respective weapons and count in the other parts you need. If it the prices match so you can sell em without loosing money, then you can make it Of course if you are not bothered by money losses then just discover different exotic weapons till you hit 500.
Imo ascended material are bad idea since you need karma>for obsidians and it takes toooooooooo long. But its free world, so do as you please.

in Crafting

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

http://www.gw2crafts.net/
has all you need to know.