Giant Eyes

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Artereis.1260

Artereis.1260

Giant Eyes have been a thorn in my side ever since I decided that I would eventually work toward Immobulus. Recently, their supply has been dwindling severely, while their price spikes to match.

Looking at the trend, there seem to be a few factors. The only really reliable place to get Giant Eyes has been Arah, and standard dungeon use seems to be down across the board with the release of the FotM dungeon. The former bot trains likely also had an impact on the overall supply levels.

I’m also not sure the drop rate is in line with a recipe requiring 250 of them. The other items that take them, Melandru’s Gaze and the Lidless Eye, require 1 and 10 respectively. It would make a lot more sense for the Immobulus recipe to require 25 or 50 of the eyes by comparison. As of right now, there aren’t even enough eyes on the tradepost for 1 person to make one.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Mercator.1827

Mercator.1827

I’ve done two explorations in Orr and only seen one Eye. I agree, the drop rate does seem a bit low. But the other yellow-class crafting components also seem tragically rare to find. Makes discovery and production with them prohibitive.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Dominura.3657

Dominura.3657

I feel your pain, I bought 30 giant eyes when they were at 25s thinking I would wait for them to go cheaper, now they are a half a gold each. Its the difference between .25×250 and .5×250 gold.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Dominura.3657

Dominura.3657

Screw it, they are at 85 silver atm. Might as well just sell the ones that I have.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

I’ve done two explorations in Orr and only seen one Eye. I agree, the drop rate does seem a bit low. But the other yellow-class crafting components also seem tragically rare to find. Makes discovery and production with them prohibitive.

I have done a few more then 2 and I have never seen an eye drop yet… Not for myself nor a party member.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I think drop rate for giant eye must be bugged. No other item outside precursor seems this rare.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

I think drop rate for giant eye must be bugged. No other item outside precursor seems this rare.

I think giant eyes are the lodestone replacement for Arah, and lodestones from dungeon chests are also really rare. Combine that with Arah dungeon where paths take 1.5hrs+ to finish and it being the only way to obtain them… Giant eyes are actually really cheap if you look at it that way.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Zedrix.2104

Zedrix.2104

To my surprise I got a giant eye doing daily events at penitant yesterday, its only the 2nd one that ever dropped for me with 2 lvl 80s.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

I seen this coming and bought 500 of them back in the day for like 1s each so ill unload them on the market here before to long for ya

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Dilyrio.1308

Dilyrio.1308

I agree that all of the components for end game gear has gotten very, very expensive. FWIW, I’ve sold the few Giant’s Eyes I’ve found. Out of hundreds of heavy moldy bags that I’ve opened, three have contained the eyes.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: FireSnake.7536

FireSnake.7536

Giant Eyes have been a thorn in my side ever since I decided that I would eventually work toward Immobulus. Recently, their supply has been dwindling severely, while their price spikes to match.

Looking at the trend, there seem to be a few factors. The only really reliable place to get Giant Eyes has been Arah, and standard dungeon use seems to be down across the board with the release of the FotM dungeon. The former bot trains likely also had an impact on the overall supply levels.

I’m also not sure the drop rate is in line with a recipe requiring 250 of them. The other items that take them, Melandru’s Gaze and the Lidless Eye, require 1 and 10 respectively. It would make a lot more sense for the Immobulus recipe to require 25 or 50 of the eyes by comparison. As of right now, there aren’t even enough eyes on the tradepost for 1 person to make one.

Omg, plz stop complain, for Lidless Eye you need 250 t6 blood so Immobulus is cheaper then Lidless Eye. Buy moldy bags for it or buy them from trading post.
Btw you can’t farm it in Arah, i have full armor set from there and i don’t see any reason to farm it, you can get more in tunnel of Cursed Shore.

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Artereis.1260

Artereis.1260

The issue is supply and availability, not price. Moldy bags are the only source of them, and they’re rare enough that most people would be lucky to see more than 1 or 2 the entire time they’ve been 80. Bloods are pricey, but they drop much more frequently by comparison AND they can be created in the forge from T5 bloods. There often aren’t enough eyes on the global market for a single player to buy all that he needs for an Immobulus. Items like this either need their rarity decreased or a secondary source of creation via the forge added.

Since you brought up price, eyes are selling a 3x the rate of bloods as it is. Lidless Eye is about 75g in materials the craft. Immobulus is over 200g.

(edited by Artereis.1260)

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Sheen.2846

Sheen.2846

I have :

- Full set Arah
- Arah Greatword
- Arah Sword
- Arah Focus

It represents 2280 tokens = 38 explo path

Never seen a single giant eye.

Anet smoke some good weed when coding droprates….

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I got Giant Eye from Heavy Moldy Bag shortly after last big patch. Only one tho and I open at least 150 bags every day since last patch.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Giant Eyes

in Crafting

Posted by: Gretl.3156

Gretl.3156

I wanted to make Immobulus for my asura ele. Since August I had in my inventory only 6 giant eyes. Six.
Now I just gave her princess wand and sold my 6 giant eyes.