Gift of...cool new weapons

in Crafting

Posted by: redfenix.6380

redfenix.6380

So in my quest for the next amazing tool of distruction to wreak havoc across the world of Tyria I have come upon some information I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on.

In another post I noticed that a replier mentioned that a gift might be the missing ingredient in the recipe for an EXOTIC weapon the op was searching for.

Does anyone have any information on this idea and if so would you please share with the community.

I personally am trying to acquire an Ice Dragon Sword or even the Jormag version. (for those that don’t know it is basically a blue version of the skin on Rytlocs sword.)

maybe something like: liquid flame + gift of ice + ori sword blade + scroll???

idk but if you have info or the ability to test these in the forge please share.

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

There are some recipes that use a Gift for a named Exotic weapon. Jormag’s Breath is not one of them.

Lead Designer – Living World

in Crafting

Posted by: lejean.9615

lejean.9615

1 scroll, 50 coins, 250 orich sword blades, 20 glacial lonestones

it might be jormag’s breath.

edit: Thanks Linsey, now I think that I know final item needed for Foefire’s essence (if it’s obtained by mf).

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

maybe its a recipe with icy runestones

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: redfenix.6380

redfenix.6380

thanks for the reply I love seeing the dev’s share info even if its to tell me I’m headed in the wrong direction, love you guys.

@lejean thanks for the info I’ll be checking it out asap, please feel free to let me know if you discover any recipes that involve the gifts

in Crafting

Posted by: LostMK.4089

LostMK.4089

so they just confirmed a hidden sub-legendary type of weapon? “Jormag’s Breath” is actually something we can get?

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Maybe the gifts can also be used to create precursor weapons?

in Crafting

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

@Malediktus, have 500 dungeon tokens and tons of gold and/or mats to test it? It’s a very interesting idea. When I eventually get enough stuff to make the Gifts I need I’ll be seeing if they combine with anything in the Forge, but that’s going to be a LONG time for me.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

I can give it a go with ascalon gift in a day or two, already spend all other tokens.

in Crafting

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

@Malediktus, unfortunately it was confirmed elsewhere that the only way to make precursors is by the horrible (and now nerfed, newly over 2x harder, yay!) Mystic Forge combination method (no fixed recipe exists). So even at several hundred gold it’d still probably be a better idea to just buy it off the Trading Post.